PDA

View Full Version : Advertisements for Other Candidates

adwads
11-19-2007, 09:05 PM
There are advertisements for other republican candidates that show up when you open up a "poll" thread. It says "ads by google." What the hell is this? Why are other candidates advertising on our forum?

RPinSEAZ
11-19-2007, 09:07 PM
If you see an ad by an opposing candidate, I say click on it. Every click costs that campaign money.

Sematary
11-19-2007, 09:07 PM
There are advertisements for other republican candidates that show up when you open up a "poll" thread. It says "ads by google." What the hell is this? Why are other candidates advertising on our forum?

adwords just picks out words and then puts up an advertisement. You could always help by wasting their money and clicking on the link. :)

me3
11-19-2007, 09:09 PM
If you see an ad by an opposing candidate, I say click on it. Every click costs that campaign money.
You have to be careful with that, because if an advertiser complains about excessive clicks from a site, Google can cancel that site's Adsense Publisher Account.

AlexMerced
11-19-2007, 09:11 PM
every ad counts, keep buying ads, the best bang for your buck again is facebook flyers, where you can pay as little as .01 for every click thru, thouhg I' recommend going with .10, point it to the teaparty site and bam huge return even if you only get 10% to sign up for the newsletter.

At the bottom of facebook there is a link for advertisers.

Voice
11-19-2007, 09:12 PM

ooooh, dirty. ;)

Voice
11-19-2007, 09:12 PM
ooooh, dirty. ;)

Are there any other things we can legaly do to cost them money?

adwads
11-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Wait, so we have no control over which ads are shown on this site?

I mean, its funny and all, but I don't want some newbie whose unsure about Ron Paul seeing some lameass ad by another candidate and getting interested in that other candidate...we have to be smart

me3
11-19-2007, 09:25 PM
The RPF Admin team could block certain ads, on a case by case basis, but it is time consuming.

But please don't make a habit of clicking them maliciously because you could get RPF's account suspended for invalid clicks, and that is not a good thing.

Sematary
11-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Are there any other things we can legaly do to cost them money?

legally?
Hmmm - you could ask their campaign for campaign materials then have a bonfire.
:D

AlexMerced
11-19-2007, 09:27 PM
you can't do much about it, and if you want to cose them money, donate $1 to candidate, they spend more in processing it. Still, that's a shitty thing to do, let's just spread the word to the uninitiated. No potential voter is gonna care that you costed Mitt Romney .10

we need votes, not retaliation, we need delegates too

me3
11-19-2007, 09:29 PM
we need votes, not retaliation, we need delegates too
+1