PDA

View Full Version : My Mitt Romney Lover Experience

WarAnonymous
10-09-2012, 11:09 PM
So tonight Mitt Romney was about a block away from my house. I walked down to see thousands and thousands of people, all of my streets shut down etc. The reason I went down was not to pay Mitt Romney money to see him lie to me, but to talk to many ohioans about a project going on to get out reps and senators that voted on bills violating the constitution. I thought some people might be interested to hear some of the things I got to witness. Many people were excited to hear what I had to say, and to talk about the things that are getting passed in the house and senate. There were alot of intelligent people that I had the opportunity to speak with but their problems are they believe whatever Fox news tells them. So heres some of the things that happend.

1) Big Bird showed up... off topic but I definately got to meet him.

2) I was talking to a very intelligent man and his wife, about mid 60's. Everything that was coming out of this guy's mouth was Ron Paul sounding. Completely surrounded by Romney loving Americans, I leaned over and said, "You were a Paul supporter before the convention?" And what does this guy say to me? "I really like Ron Paul, but I really didn't pay attention to him much or what he had to say." So I say back to him, "Well you know, the reason I ask is because the things you are saying to me are exactly what Ron Paul says, not Romney." We went on to talk for about 20 more minutes and he definately was very, very intelligent and I can tell from what he was saying that he didn't have much faith in Romney, but like everyone felt forced to support him.

3) I was speaking to another guy probably mid 40's telling him about what we are doing. So I explicitly tell him we are Republicans and Democrats sick and tired of both parties flushing our rights down the toilet and that we want to get certain reps/sens in OH out of office. So what does this guy say to me "Why are you asking me to vote libertarian?!?!? That is just STUPID." I say back to him, "Sir this is nothing about parties, it's explicitly showing you the same bills you complain that Obama signed that got threw the Republican house, The Democratic Senate and then signed by Obama." He looks at me and says "Well I already no everything, so I am not interested."

4) We are not endorsing any presidential candidates, there are plenty of places where you can go argue about the president. We are focusing on Reps/Sens, not that we support either anyways, anyhow.... I am talking to another guy and he is probably mid 50s, and he looks at me and says "Who are you guys endorsing?" So I say to him "We aren't endorsing the presidential election, we are here to talk about Reps/Sens, because no one pays attention." He turns bright red and screams at me "THIS IS ABOUT THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION!!!!!" His wife embarassed, apologizes to me and tries to get him to calm down. I say "Well all respect sir, but goodluck getting the country to change with Romney and a terrible Congress." He looks at me and screams "GET RID OF ALL OF THEM!!!!!" His wife against apologizes to me, asks me for a card and thanks me for what I am trying to do.

5) I ran into another guy with his whole family, probably in his early 50's, who pretty much quoted the whole constitution for me... It was insane! And he quizzed me a little! I think this guy was at the wrong place...

6) All in all it was actually a pretty good time. I spent 4 hours there and talked to alot of intelligent people, some people didn't have a clue what's going on, some people pretended and had no clue what was going on, and some people are 100% aware and just feel forced into it. It's a sad time we live in, it makes me believe if RP would have one more run we could do it.

I am sure there are some good stories I am forgetting, my voice is gone, and I am exhausted. I thought some of you might be interested in reading a little of this. Some people did tell me to get lost, they already knew everything, they didn't have time for me (while standing in a line haha), and some lady told me that I need to get a job.

belian78
10-09-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm from here on out taking the Jim Morrison approach. I'm getting my kicks in before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TCE
10-09-2012, 11:22 PM
The disconnect between candidates and what people think they stand for always astounds me as well.

And here I clicked on this thread thinking you were going to post this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzvm7zd4Z-s

WarAnonymous
10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
The disconnect between candidates and what people think they stand for always astounds me as well.

Like OMG...Like This!

NH4RonPaul
10-10-2012, 03:37 AM
I'm from here on out taking the Jim Morrison approach. I'm getting my kicks in before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

What you witnessed was people who are so brainwashed that they
behave in such a way that defies what they really know.
Its called COGNITIVE DISSONANCE

They are so brainwashed into thinking that only the republican can
offer them conservatism They can't think
any other way to vote and automatically throw
up a shield when presented with other ideas that
even tho they agree with do not fit wirh what
they are doing.

Eventually when more people see that the GOP
is not offering us any difference they will wake up.

Thanks for trying

WarAnonymous
10-10-2012, 03:45 AM
What you witnessed was people who are so brainwashed that they
behave in such a way that defies what they really know.
Its called COGNITIVE DISSONANCE

They are so brainwashed into thinking that only the republican can
offer them conservatism They can't think
any other way to vote and automatically throw
up a shield when presented with other ideas that
even tho they agree with do not fit wirh what
they are doing.

Eventually when more people see that the GOP
is not offering us any difference they will wake up.

Thanks for trying

I agree with you. However many people said the House Republicans in OH need to go. It's a start, and I didn't even need to mention it myself most of them came out and said it. Needless to say, I am not going to give up anytime soon, doesn't matter how negative people are. Sure maybe it was a waste of time, but if I get even 1 persons attention, that to me is all worth it.

KEEF
10-10-2012, 04:41 AM
I agree with you. However many people said the House Republicans in OH need to go. It's a start, and I didn't even need to mention it myself most of them came out and said it. Needless to say, I am not going to give up anytime soon, doesn't matter how negative people are. Sure maybe it was a waste of time, but if I get even 1 persons attention, that to me is all worth it.

I would get that too when I was at our State Convention, I got the sense though that they were saying that to appease me because me being that "Ron Paul guy," I would like to hear that coming out of their mouth because the only thing us Paulbots want is a total collapse of Government, terrorist reaching our homeland, and everyone on the street high on heroine ;).

When I would press them with the question "So are you going to vote for Candidate X (in my case Pete Hookstra, Bill Huizenga)?", they would say, "Well of course, we don't want the democrats to win." Then they would go on their lesser of two evils spiel.

WarAnonymous
10-10-2012, 04:45 AM
because the only thing us Paulbots want is a total collapse of Government, terrorist reaching our homeland, and everyone on the street high on heroine

^^^ LOL - Uh.......Free heroine for everyone!

tod evans
10-10-2012, 05:09 AM

http://www.indicine.com/images/gallery/bollywood/movies/heroine/72927-heroine1-large.jpg

SilenceDewgooder
10-10-2012, 07:23 AM
because the only thing us Paulbots want is a total collapse of Government, terrorist reaching our homeland, and everyone on the street high on heroine

Not heroine - Adderall

http://news.yahoo.com/adderall-fix-bad-schools-151859550.html

Dick Chaney
10-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Like OMG...Like This!

I likey but at the same time don't likely, lol.

Okie RP fan
10-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Good to see that such ignorant responses are everywhere and not just in my state...

We have Republicans here in Oklahoma who have attempted (and are still attempting) to ram through Obamacare into little pieces so the public doesn't notice. When presented with the facts that Republicans are doing this, some people just don't like what they just heard and either begin criticizing or think you're a conspiracy theorist.

When it's all right there in writing.

I also think it's funny that people still think the presidential race will mean more than local and state races. The fight has come down to the local and state levels and will continue even if Romney is elected.

That's why many people, including myself, were trying to tell our fellow Paul supporters after the convention to shift focus to local, state, and other federal races to get liberty people in. Ron Paul's campaign has been done for a number of months, but, I feel that some people can't drop the cult of personality and see the bigger picture.

VBRonPaulFan
10-10-2012, 08:48 AM

lmfao, i have the top comment on that video now :)

fr33
10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
There are a lot more people that would have supported Ron Paul if the media wasn't telling them that he is unelectable from before he even started. As much as republicans like to gripe about the "liberal media" they still fall for the propaganda. Many of them don't like Romney but they voted for him because the media declared him the winner before the primaries ever started.

ninepointfive
10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
haha - check the other top comment:

"KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS!"