PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if I endorse this Video???

Carehn
10-09-2012, 10:30 PM
At times I yelled at the this guy. At times I found my self in complete agreement. This video will make you think.
Its like my brain had a painful orgasm.

Try not to be cultish and turn it off the first time he says something about Ron Paul you disagree with or can argue. I did all the arguing for you when I watched it the first time. Just stay with this its cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McNo62gpw6M&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O90je0Vfr20&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-fhCFkISM&feature=relmfu

fr33
10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Stefan is right about a lot of things but he ignores reality all too often.

The reality is that your neighbors likely are statists that will demand a dictatorship instead of a free society when everything breaks down.

There aren't enough educated people for anarchy to succeed. That's why I reject these non-participants.
Most of these non participant anarchists don't make enough money to pay income taxes so it's easy for them to flap their gums. Adam Kokesh is a good example. He actually takes tax money because he is so poor. Then he turns around and sounds off so smug about how libertarian voters are too angry and how his voluntarist tax eating self is so peaceful.

NIU Students for Liberty
10-09-2012, 10:49 PM
I agree with his premise regarding the constitution but I'd rather take a pragmatic approach and actively push for a Ron Paul candidate in order to move that much closer to a society in which the NAP is truly understood, appreciated, and put into practice. I see no harm in combining civil disobedience/education with politics as a means to the end (so long as activists are opposing and not joining the establishment candidates).

TheTexan
10-09-2012, 10:50 PM
There aren't enough educated people for anarchy to succeed.

There are if we consolidate our efforts. FSP. Be the change you want to see in the world

fr33
10-09-2012, 11:04 PM
There are if we consolidate our efforts. FSP. Be the change you want to see in the worldThat's an unreasonable, collectivist, request. I'm not willing to abandon my property and family to move to a state where my profession is almost non-existent.

TheTexan
10-09-2012, 11:12 PM
That's an unreasonable, collectivist, request. I'm not willing to abandon my property and family to move to a state where my profession is almost non-existent.

I understand it's unreasonable for some people. A lot of people on the other hand aren't tied down as much as you are. Property can be sold, family can (in some cases) be moved. And I can't speak for anyone else, but I've looked at the jobs in NH, and if I were to move [and I might], I would get a fairly nice pay raise and increase in standard of living. Lots of jobs for me up there - but I understand, that's not true for everybody.

In any case, you don't need to move there yourself to support the idea, and possibly even benefit from it.

WarAnonymous
10-10-2012, 12:09 AM
I think the FSP is an awesome idea but I think it's a passed due concept, simple because... If it hits the fan and everything goes crazy (slowly or quickly) and you put all these liberty loving individuals in a small state how will they fight off the feds or raids of whatever comes? If this was into play and spreading in other states it would hold more power. I just have concerns, I still think it's an awesome idea.

Carehn
10-10-2012, 12:23 AM
I think the FSP is an awesome idea but I think it's a passed due concept, simple because... If it hits the fan and everything goes crazy (slowly or quickly) and you put all these liberty loving individuals in a small state how will they fight off the feds or raids of whatever comes? If this was into play and spreading in other states it would hold more power. I just have concerns, I still think it's an awesome idea.

It cannot be in more then one state because there are so few Libertarians. The Idea is to get them all in one place as to show the example of how things could be without the use of force.

Carehn
10-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Did any of you guys actually watch these videos?

ninepointfive
10-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Halfway through the first video. The point he makes around 25:00 is a problem caused by government and the financial system. It's going to happen anyways. Don't blame us.