PDA

View Full Version : Was Bill Clinton really a good President?

Restore America Now
10-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I keep hearing from everyone that Bill Clinton was a great President and will go down in history as one of the better ones. I was six years old when he left office, so I obviously was not old enough to comprehend such things. I am just curious as to everyone's thoughts from a libertarian/conservative perspective if he was really that great, or if it is just over-romanticizing.

Thanks! :)

KMX
10-09-2012, 07:42 PM
NO!!!! HE is a evil SOB

acptulsa
10-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Every president who presides over a decent economy becomes a 'great president'. But as far as telling the truth when he said that the era of big government was over, well, no.

I think Clinton will be remembered as one of the greatest, if only because he will always be compared to what came after. And anyone--even Millard Fillmore--looks good compared to Dubya.

MelissaWV
10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
No, but when Presidents are tallied up for the general public, they are not remembered for what they actually had control over.

Lincoln freed the slaves!
Truman bombed Japan!
Dubya helped us recover from 9/11!
Obama killed Bin Laden!
Reagan tore down the Berlin Wall!

and Bill Clinton was reponsible for an amazing era of economic prosperity and legislative cooperation!

GeorgiaAvenger
10-09-2012, 07:49 PM
ALL positive aspects of the Clinton administration were forced by Newt and Crew.

And we all know Newt wasn't outstanding either.

Working Poor
10-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I like what Milton Friedman said about him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNxIc9gUMc

Philhelm
10-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Waco, Ruby Ridge, assault rifle ban. Sure, Bill Clinton was a Founding Father.

liberty2897
10-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Every president who presides over a decent economy becomes a 'great president'. But as far as telling the truth when he said that the era of big government was over, well, no.

I think Clinton will be remembered as one of the greatest, if only because he will always be compared to what came after. And anyone--even Millard Fillmore--looks good compared to Dubya.

I agree with you 100%. What I want to know now is: How did "Dubya" become the new "reference standard" so easily? It is like we forgot everything that happened before that. Even Obama who promised so much regarding civil liberties, stopping the wars, etc changed direction 180 degrees. Mitt Romney wants to go forward against the middle east full steam ahead. It is like everyone lost their mind in the past decade. Everyone seems to be happy to just go along with this craziness... and even call what I consider sane people (average people before 9/11) crazy now. I can't even count the number of people who gave me that line about "his foreign policy is wacked". I don't get it. The only thing I can figure is that people are easily brainwashed by their masters via the tube. I think the "money masters" are playing both sides to further their agenda... and doing a damn fine job of it.

Dianne
10-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I remember when Bill Clinton was President, and times were good financially. I didn't know until later he sold the USA out, while getting his blow jobs... made him look good while he was in office; but hell for Americans to pay after he left.

So answer is NO !!!!! He's hording the same drugs Obama is hording ... both stay stoned on stuff the rest of us can't have.

acptulsa
10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
I agree with you 100%. What I want to know now is: How did "Dubya" become the new "reference standard" so easily? It is like we forgot everything that happened before that. Even Obama who promised so much regarding civil liberties, stopping the wars, etc changed direction 180 degrees. Mitt Romney wants to go forward against the middle east full steam ahead. It is like everyone lost their mind in the past decade. Everyone seems to be happy to just go along with this craziness... and even call what I consider sane people (average people before 9/11) crazy now. I can't even count the number of people who gave me that line about "his foreign policy is wacked". I don't get it. The only thing I can figure is that people are easily brainwashed by their masters via the tube. I think the "money masters" are playing both sides to further their agenda... and doing a damn fine job of it.

I'm with you, man. When Y2K approached, they told us the computers would lose their minds. Well, they didn't. Unless, of course, everyone in D.C. is a cyborg, in which case they actually did lose their little computer brains.

I remember when Bill Clinton was President, and times were good financially. I didn't know until later he sold the USA out, while getting his blow jobs... made him look good while he was in office; but hell for Americans to pay after he left.

So answer is NO !!!!! He's hording the same drugs Obama is hording ... both stay stoned on stuff the rest of us can't have.

Oh, the Clintons want you to have your drugs. They just don't want them to be legal. Arkansas wouldn't make near as much money as a way point for legal trade as it does as a way point for illegal trafficking.

AuH20
10-09-2012, 08:00 PM
NAFTA, the expansion of the mortgage GSEs, Derivative mania, the Whitewater scandal, the dotcom bubble..............Sure, he was good. Clinton is one of the worst presidents to ever live but his superior charm carries the day.

acptulsa
10-09-2012, 08:03 PM
NAFTA, the expansion of the mortgage GSEs, Derivative mania, the Whitewater scandal, the dotcom bubble..............Sure, he was good. Clinton is one of the worst presidents to ever live but his superior charm carries the day.

There it is. Slick Willie had to be good. He couldn't seem to bring himself to be careful.

erowe1
10-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I keep hearing from everyone that Bill Clinton was a great President and will go down in history as one of the better ones. I was six years old when he left office, so I obviously was not old enough to comprehend such things. I am just curious as to everyone's thoughts from a libertarian/conservative perspective if he was really that great, or if it is just over-romanticizing.

I wouldn't say he was one of the better ones. But even if he could be ranked as the 10th least bad out of all of them, that would still make him horrible.

juleswin
10-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Clinton was a crappy president, but a lot of people thought he was a good president because during his presidency, the economy seemed to be growing, unemployment was low and he only started 1 war. But on further examination, he created an illusion of economic prosperity by blowing up a large dotcom bubble which gave the impression of a roaring economy.

That bubble bursted a year into Bush's term and the country fell into a recession. But he was responsible for some other heinous policies/acts like WACO, NAFTA, Kosovo war etc etc

acptulsa
10-09-2012, 08:17 PM
But he was responsible for some other heinous policies/acts like WACO, NAFTA, Kosovo war etc etc

Part of it is how drastically our standards have fallen this millenium. For example, most people don't consider Kosovo so terrible. It was intervention, it precipitated blowback, and etc. But at least it was over before Clinton left office. That looks like complete success and responsible presidenting in these ugly days.

Peace&Freedom
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Waco, Ruby Ridge, assault rifle ban. Sure, Bill Clinton was a Founding Father.

Exactly. A major reason things didn't turn into the "9/11 years of hell" a decade earlier, during the '90's, is that the Muslims who were shepherded by the feds to false flag us into a war on terror blundered during the first attempt to destroy the WTC (they planted the explosives in the wrong place than where they were instructed, so the main building pillar wasn't destroyed). Clinton was in place to lead us down the path to police state USA just as much as Bush, but fumbled the inside jobs needed to provide the backdrop.

Also keep in mind that (and you can look all this up), over 150 major newspapers across the nation called for Clinton's impeachment or at least resignation in the wake of the Lewinsky and related scandals. The Clinton White House, by its own count circa 2000, had 50 different scandals associated with it that it had to account for. The President had 5 different sexual assault cases it had to address in court (including the sworn, matching testimony by these women as to what Clinton's penis looked like).

Clinton is the only President to have been found in criminal contempt of court due to tactics employed in the Paula Jones and other proceedings. There is federal court testimony by an undercover federal agent affirming that she and Clinton sniffed cocaine in the back of the Arkansas Governor's mansion, and that Clinton got so high that he fell into a trash bin! It's also clear that Vince Foster and other grisly "Clinton Chronicles" type lethal disposals of persons who stood in the way of his rise to power were relentlessly covered up throughout his Presidency.

AuH20
10-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Exactly. A major reason things didn't turn into the "9/11 years of hell" a decade earlier, during the '90's, is that the Muslims who were shepherded by the feds to false flag us into a war on terror blundered during the first attempt to destroy the WTC (they planted the explosives in the wrong place than where they were instructed, so the main building pillar wasn't destroyed). Clinton was in place to lead us down the path to police state USA just as much as Bush, but fumbled the inside jobs needed to provide the backdrop.

Also keep in mind that (and you can look all this up), over 150 major newspapers across the nation called for Clinton's impeachment or at least resignation in the wake of the Lewinsky and related scandals. The Clinton White House, by its own count circa 2000, had 50 different scandals associated with it that it had to account for. The President had 5 different sexual assault cases it had to address in court (including the sworn, matching testimony by these women as to what Clinton's penis looked like).

Clinton is the only President to have been found in criminal contempt of court due to tactics employed in the Paula Jones and other proceedings. There is federal court testimony by an undercover federal agent affirming that she and Clinton sniffed cocaine in the back of the Arkansas Governor's mansion, and that Clinton got so high that he fell into a trash bin! It's also clear that Vince Foster and other grisly "Clinton Chronicles" type lethal disposals of persons who stood in the way of his rise to power were relentlessly covered up throughout his Presidency.

People like to rag on Obama for obvious reasons but the Clintons were deadly. I don't think there is much of a comparison. In fact, the Clintons still run the White House to a degree.

VIDEODROME
10-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Didn't his administration have a chance to get Bin Laden and they blew it?

Peace Piper
10-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Was Clinton a good president?

No. He was a lucky president who was in the right place at the right time.

Among other things, he was the first president to implement the PNAC agenda-

The bombing and invasion of Serbia had congressional approval but "there wasn't time" to seek UN approval, which was and is required before the actions the scoundrel instigated.

It's all still on the PNAC website (even though PNAC was shut down), which shows once again how terminally stupid and/or 2 faced most of the DemocRat party is. And the PNAC thugs have just re-named themselves.

http://imageshack.us/a/img145/7779/pnackosovo3.jpg

http://newamericancentury.org/balkans.htm

The Administration lied to the American people and the world when they told us that genocide had been and was going to occur (Libya anyone?) unless "we" stopped it. This was proven false when UN and FBI investigators filed their reports. There was no genocide in Kosovo. That's what the investigators said.

The real reason was the PNAC agenda.

and long after Milosovic was killed/died (?) Camp Bondsteel lives on. Imagine that. A base you can see from space.

http://imageshack.us/a/img100/8890/campbondsteelkosovosm1.jpg

Camp Bondsteel is the main base of the United States Army under KFOR command in Kosovo.[a] Located near Uroševac in the eastern part of Kosovo, the base serves as the NATO headquarters for KFOR's Multinational Brigade East (MNBG-E).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Bondsteel

There are plenty of other reasons bubba wasn't so good for America, but Kosovo laid the groundwork for Iraq and the rest of PNAC.

Further reading:

http://emperor.vwh.net/yugo.htm

Here's one of the best analysis available and it is totally relevant today. This is why Kaddafi had to go, so that Cinnabon et al could establish themselves all over the world, even where they aren't wanted.

Backing up Globalization with Military Might
New World Order Onslaught
by Karen Talbot
Covert Action Quarterly, Issue 68, Fall 1999

"...An article by Thomas Friedman in the New York Times entitled "What the World Needs Now" tells it all. Illustrated by an American Flag on a fist it said, among other things: "For globalism to work, America can't be afraid to act like the almighty superpower that it is....The hidden hand of the market will never work without a hidden fist-McDonald's cannot flourish without McDonnell Douglas, the designer of the F-15. And the hidden fist that keeps the world safe for Silicon Valley's technologies is called the United States Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps...(Much Much More)"

http://www.globalissues.org/article/448/backing-up-globalization-with-military-might

Keith and stuff
10-09-2012, 08:53 PM
He was a terrible president and certainly worse than Bush, who preceded him. However, he wasn't as bad as Bush, who followed him. Obama is the worst president in history.

NIU Students for Liberty
10-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Obama is the worst president in history.

Wilson, Lincoln, and FDR easily outrank Obama in that department.

AuH20
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Remember the performance he put on at Ron Brown's funeral?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqmWw_i6ekE

John F Kennedy III
10-09-2012, 09:24 PM
He was a terrible president and certainly worse than Bush, who preceded him. However, he wasn't as bad as Bush, who followed him. Obama is the worst president in history.

What makes Obama worse than Lincoln, FDR and Wilson?

Bruno
10-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Fuck no!

Keith and stuff
10-09-2012, 09:29 PM

He expanded the debt 1000x as much as them, combined. He violated far more civil liberties. He is personally ordering the murder of innocent Americans all over the world. He is working hard to make sure every American is in debt and that every city completely collapses. He is working as hard as possible to destroy the currency and make the US a weak nation.

AuH20
10-09-2012, 09:31 PM
He expanded the debt 1000x as much as them, combined. He violated far more civil liberties. He is personally ordering the murder of innocent Americans all over the world. He is working hard to make sure every American is in debt and that every city completely collapses. He is working as hard as possible to destroy the currency and make the US a weak nation.

If he gets 4 more years and escalates his plans, then he could possibly pass 1 of those 3. But as of right now, I don't think he has.

Bruno
10-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Remember the performance he put on at Ron Brown's funeral?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqmWw_i6ekE

+ rep. Most have forgotten him and Vince Foster and the boys on the tracks (and the dozens of other mysterious deaths around the Clintons).

Keith and stuff
10-09-2012, 09:38 PM

IMO, the debt and deficit are by far the most important issues. However, civil liberties is also very important. Obama is substantially worse than anyone else on all of these issues. I mean, substantially worse. Even Bush and Lincoln were vastly superior on civil liberties.

RDM
10-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Surprised no one brought up the Mena Connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYikJv8uIpw

AuH20
10-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Surprised no one brought up the Mena Connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYikJv8uIpw

Don't forget the TWA Flight 800 coverup. Clinton had numerous scandals that just went unreported.

erowe1
10-09-2012, 09:48 PM
IMO, the debt and deficit are by far the most important issues.

Why?

I don't really see them as all that important.

AuH20
10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Why?

I don't really see them as all that important.

In all honesty, they are the endgame for a full fledged crackdown. An economic emergency opens up a host of options not normally accessible to the federal authorities.

AngryCanadian
10-09-2012, 09:56 PM

If you mean Good by destroying Yugoslavia imposing sanctions on the whole Balkans and siding with the Islamists.

No.

John F Kennedy III
10-09-2012, 09:59 PM
The Clinton Body Count:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/BODIES.html

NIU Students for Liberty
10-09-2012, 10:27 PM

Outside of the debt issue, Obama is nowhere near as tyrannical when it comes to civil liberties and war compared to Lincoln, Wilson, and FDR.

WhistlinDave
10-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Well I don't know if I can add anything, everybody covered everything plus some stuff I didn't even know about. Main thing I remembered is, I heard he could do amazing things with a cigar, and if you date him, ladies, don't wear your best dress unless you have a really good dry cleaner. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

tttppp
10-09-2012, 11:05 PM

All presidents are great presidents according to the history books.

Philhelm
10-10-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm glad this thread has gone the right way. I was getting worried for a second that people would actually start praising Bill Clinton.

Dick Chaney
10-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Hell no.

/thread

amonasro
10-10-2012, 08:18 AM
The Clinton Body Count:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/BODIES.html

Wow Brit Hume's son is on there. No wonder he stays in line.

Dr.3D
10-10-2012, 08:26 AM
"Was Clinton a good president?"
Guess few know about Chinagate. Of course that's no wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F054Slq07wg

It's a wonder he wasn't impeached.

Dr.3D
10-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Oops... double post.

adisongrace
10-10-2012, 08:32 AM
He also is responsible for some of the most restrictive Presidential Executive Orders that has ever been written.

Peace&Freedom
10-10-2012, 09:06 AM
"Was Clinton a good president?"
Guess few know about Chinagate. Of course that's no wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F054Slq07wg

It's a wonder he wasn't impeached.

He was impeached, which is a House vote to indict him (Ron Paul voted yea), after which the Senate tries him on the impeachment charges. The Democrats in the Senate of 1999 made sure there would be no conviction of the impeached Clinton. Perhaps the reason dozens of House Democrats voted to impeach was the timing of the vote, which was during the lame duck session after the mid term elections. Lots of retiring pols voted their conscience, since they were on their way out anyway.

LibertyEagle
10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Billary were absolutely horrible.

adisongrace
10-10-2012, 11:15 AM
He was impeached, which is a House vote to indict him (Ron Paul voted yea), after which the Senate tries him on the impeachment charges. The Democrats in the Senate of 1999 made sure there would be no conviction of the impeached Clinton. Perhaps the reason dozens of House Democrats voted to impeach was the timing of the vote, which was during the lame duck session after the mid term elections. Lots of retiring pols voted their conscience, since they were on their way out anyway.

He was impeached, just not removed.

Pericles
10-10-2012, 11:22 AM

He's so slick, mud don't stick.

John F Kennedy III
10-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Wow Brit Hume's son is on there. No wonder he stays in line.

Right?

William R
10-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Bill Clinton is a major player behind the housing crisis. In 1993 the Clinton Justice Department disclosed that Asians have the highest rate of home ownership with Whites closely behind. Hispanics and Blacks were far behind.

Roberta Achtenberg a radical civil rights lawyer from San Francisco and the Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity at the Justice department decided that the reason Hispanics and Blacks lagged behind in home ownership was due to racist white bankers. Achtenberg proceeded to go around the country threatening to sue banks for discrimination if they didn't make more loans to people of color.

Of course discrimination had nothing to do why certain segments of the population weren't getting home loans. Bankers love to lend money and they don't care what color you are or what your last name is. Lending money is a chief source of income for banks. But they only make money when people pay them back.

The Clinton Justice Department demanded than banks start lowering their lending standards. Thus people with little credit or even bad credit started getting loans. When I bought my first home over 30 years ago I had to put down 20 percent before the bank would lend me any money.

Bill Clinton said he couldn't have fixed this economy is so ironic because his policies are to blame along with the FED.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/dont-blame-bankers-its-down-to-a-man-called-bill-6845524.html

http://www.mequonnow.com/blogs/communityblogs/43775462.html

AuH20
10-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Bill Clinton is a major player behind the housing crisis. In 1993 the Clinton Justice Department disclosed that Asians have the highest rate of home ownership with Whites closely behind. Hispanics and Blacks were far behind.

Roberta Achtenberg a radical civil rights lawyer from San Francisco and the Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity at the Justice department decided that the reason Hispanics and Blacks lagged behind in home ownership was due to racist white bankers. Achtenberg proceeded to go around the country threatening to sue banks for discrimination if they didn't make more loans to people of color.

Of course discrimination had nothing to do why certain segments of the population weren't getting home loans. Bankers love to lend money and they don't care what color you are or what your last name is. Lending money is a chief source of income for banks. But they only make money when people pay them back.

The Clinton Justice Department demanded than banks start lowering their lending standards. Thus people with little credit or even bad credit started getting loans. When I bought my first home over 30 years ago I had to put down 20 percent before the bank would lend me any money.

Bill Clinton said he couldn't have fixed this economy is so ironic because his policies are to blame along with the FED.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/dont-blame-bankers-its-down-to-a-man-called-bill-6845524.html

http://www.mequonnow.com/blogs/communityblogs/43775462.html

what's scary is that Bush expanded and continued the Clinton program.

FrankRep
10-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Chinagate: Bill Clinton and Treason in the White House (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPqeuPHvdqA)

William Norman Grigg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPqeuPHvdqA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPqeuPHvdqA

William Norman Grigg gives a fascinating analysis of the Chinagate national security scandal. Condensing reams of information into one powerful speech, this video leaves no doubt that Bill Clinton is guilty of far more than perjury and obstruction of justice. Produced in 1999 by The John Birch Society (http://www.jbs.org/).

William R
10-10-2012, 01:06 PM
what's scary is that Bush expanded and continued the Clinton program.

To his credit Bush did try to reform Fannie and Freddie. But Rove pushed the zero down payment in order to buy the Hispanic vote in 2004