PDA

View Full Version : General Would you rather Obama or Romney win?

Rocco
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Whether we like it or not, one of these two men will be president when we all wake up on November 7th. With that being said, who would you rather see win? Keeping in mind this does not equate to "I want this guy to be president" or even "I will vote for this guy", just with the realistic knowledge that one of them will win, who would you rather it be?

sailingaway
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
No.

MelissaWV
10-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Which of your testicles would you like removed with a rusty spoon?

Same sort of question.

Xenliad
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I guess 4 more years of Obama are better than 8 more. *puke*

Rocco
10-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Well, when the reality is that one of them will in fact be removed does it not become a valid question?

Same sort of question.

Working Poor
10-09-2012, 04:49 PM

Same sort of question.

Don't take this the wrong way but I love ya Melissa

Aratus
10-09-2012, 05:17 PM
tough choise.
must wait.
then vote.
two words.
maybe maybe.

Carehn
10-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Obama so we have another chance in 4 years. That or we will have to start playing in the democrat primary.

EBounding
10-09-2012, 05:53 PM
It's a tough question that I can't answer. It sort of feels good though to not care about the outcome for once.

But there is some upside to a Romney win. For those of us involved in the Republican party, it gives us a chance to actually lead and hold Romney accountable. We can't hold Obama accountable because he's a democrat, but we will be in a position to hold Mitt accountable as Republicans. No conservative-type groups ever seriously led the charge against a Republican president. If Mitt's president, we will actually have the chance to show everyone how awful he is.

Carehn
10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
It's a tough question that I can't answer. It sort of feels good though to not care about the outcome for once.

But there is some upside to a Romney win. For those of us involved in the Republican party, it gives us a chance to actually lead and hold Romney accountable. We can't hold Obama accountable because he's a democrat, but we will be in a position to hold Mitt accountable as Republicans. No conservative-type groups ever seriously led the charge against a Republican president. If Mitt's president, we will actually have the chance to show everyone how awful he is.

This will not happen. They will label us as left wingers if we attack him wile he is in office. Mitt will be held accountable by his large donors, not us.

TCE
10-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Romney would completely reverse everything we've been trying to do. We want the Republican Party, at the very least, to be filled with DeMint Republicans. Romney would push everyone to the other side and make it so everyone needs to run as a Moderate to do anything. I can see Lindsey Graham becoming the figurehead of what an "electable" Republican looks like. You can be sure Romney would campaign for him should he win.

If Romney wins, the GOP knows they don't need us to win. They can continue treating us like the scum of the earth because they won anyway. Everything they did at the RNC will be seen as a good thing.

Working Poor
10-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I think were should focus on getting people elected to the congress

LibertyEagle
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
I no longer believe that Romney is 5 percent better than Obama. So, I don't know what I hope. I know I cannot do another round with the neocons.

We are so screwed. Both are so horrible, words hardly are enough.

RickyJ
10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I would like to see them both get struck by lighting at the next debate on live TV. This would give Ron Paul another chance.

Dr.3D
10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Should have been a third choice.

Neither

Keith and stuff
10-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Since the majority of the liberty candidates running in NH are Republicans, I'd love Romney to live by 20 points in NH. Of course, it won't happen. It sure would lift a lot of liberty Republicans up, even in Democratic leaning districts, though.

Rocco
10-10-2012, 09:20 AM
The whole point of this thread is that, whether we like it or not, one of these two men will be president on November 7th. If I'd put "neither" that would have gotten the overwhelming majority and I wouldn't really get a pulse for who the board wants to win.

Should have been a third choice.

Neither

fr33
10-10-2012, 09:28 AM
4 years of it is better than 8 years.

kathy88
10-10-2012, 10:02 AM
The left one.

Dick Chaney
10-10-2012, 10:13 AM
If a gun was aiming at my family and I was forced to choose, then Obama, just so I can watch the GOP squirm for the dumbass mistake they made not nominating Dr. Paul.

LibertyRevolution
10-11-2012, 01:15 AM
If Obama wins, then at least we know he is gone in 4 years.
BUT, Obama's second term, without him worrying about running for re-election, could be devastating to this country and our freedom.
If Romney wins, we will be at war with Iran, and we will be stuck with him for 8 years.
You can forget about Rand 2016 if Romney wins, and by 2020 the sheeple wont even remember Ron Paul, let alone Rand.
Either way we are screwed.

I think our best hope is for Obama to win so we don't have to wait till 2020.
Then in 2016 we can have Rand Paul on the Republican primary.
We run a liberty democrat in their primary.
We use the primary elections debates to awaken the sleeping masses to how both parties are the same.
Ventura enters the race as an independent.

It is our best hope for keeping the fire burning.

If I was forced to chose between them, I think Ventura is right, better off taking the bullet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EWqcOD1F1Iw#t=104s

Aratus
10-11-2012, 07:42 AM
election is tightening up in the battleground states even though POTUS has a slight edge and i am uncertain who to vote for...

Expatriate
10-11-2012, 07:52 AM
I guess 4 more years of Obama are better than 8 more. *puke*

That's the best argument I've seen so far for voting for either of them.

Still won't do it.

Origanalist
10-11-2012, 07:55 AM
I have been thinking about this quite a bit. I had assumed Romney was going to lose but that debate performance was so bad by Obama I think he actually might lose this thing. I don't want Romney to win, not at all. A Romney win is only going to show that the republicans don't need people who care about reducing government to win.

kathy88
10-11-2012, 08:07 AM
I hope O wins just so the GOP apologists can suck my ass.

Aratus
10-11-2012, 08:11 AM
i'm actually expecting the liberals on the InTrade forum to be in total shock until january
if mr. mitt pulls off a win by 0.5% of the vote in a few of the critical battleground states!

the group was somewhat upset when a SLATE mag wag utilized the phrase a "festival of
morons" in an online article recently. the "in crowd" there has their very own online lingo.

Aratus
10-11-2012, 08:18 AM
correction --- its from a weigel column and its a "harvest festival of complete morons"
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/10/09/today_is_obama_voter_freak_out_day.html he does not hold back on them

kathy88
10-11-2012, 08:19 AM
correction --- its from a weigel column and its a "harvest festival of complete morons"
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/10/09/today_is_obama_voter_freak_out_day.html

Harvest festival of complete morons FTW!!!!!!!!

EBounding
10-11-2012, 08:28 AM
This will not happen. They will label us as left wingers if we attack him wile he is in office. Mitt will be held accountable by his large donors, not us.

We can't directly make Mitt accountable, but we can certainly inflict pain on other politicians in Congress and at the state and local level.

I know this is anecdotal, but a lot of precinct delegates and Republican voters in my area are not thrilled about Mitt, but just want Obama out of there. They say he can be brought to task once Obama is out. Challenge accepted.

Aratus
10-11-2012, 08:31 AM
mister mitt's choise of paul ryan was his way of ensuring the GOP as a party would foget how liberal politics in the bay state often gets

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2012, 04:09 PM
How many of the "it'll only be four more years" crowd said the same thing about Bush in 2004?

Why not just admit y'all like Obama?

DeMintConservative
10-11-2012, 04:16 PM
I have been thinking about this quite a bit. I had assumed Romney was going to lose but that debate performance was so bad by Obama I think he actually might lose this thing. I don't want Romney to win, not at all. A Romney win is only going to show that the republicans don't need people who care about reducing government to win.

An Obama win is going to show Republicans that the voter who decided the election is closer ideologically to Obama than to Romney: so their next nominee needs to be to the left of Romney.

Feeding the Abscess
10-11-2012, 04:24 PM
An Obama win is going to show Republicans that the voter who decided the election is closer ideologically to Obama than to Romney: so their next nominee needs to be to the left of Romney.

Romney literally uses the same argument Obama does on cutting government spending. You'd be hard pressed to find a candidate in the Republican party who is closer to Obama than Romney.

Rocco
10-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Not even remotely close to the same comparison. There was ZERO viable liberty options in 2004 and none on the horizon for 2008 (as we didn't know about Ron Paul for the most part at that point). We are also a movement that, despite the protests of a few loud people, is working to reform the GOP. To ask for 4 more years of Bush and validate the entire neocon philosophy is the antithesis of our goals for the exact same reason giving Romney 4 years is the antithesis of our goals. We cannot validate big spending neoconservatism in the GOP. It will represent a massive victory when we only have to deal with big spenders from one party, and that is of course a huge part of our goal.

How many of the "it'll only be four more years" crowd said the same thing about Bush in 2004?

fr33
10-11-2012, 08:45 PM

Why not just admit y'all like Obama?Because I don't. I just realize that he's no different than Romney. Except Romney's rhetoric on foreign policy is worse than Obama's. Their actions will be the same though.

LibertyRevolution
10-11-2012, 11:10 PM

2000 I voted for Harry Browne, 2004 I voted for Michael Badnarik, 2008 I wrote in Ron Paul.
If you think I have any love for Obama you are out your mind.

Obama is better because in 2016 there would be no incumbent.
We can run liberty candidates on both sides and not have to wait till 2020 for Rand to run.

I'm voting for the LP again this year.

Feeding the Abscess
10-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Not even remotely close to the same comparison. There was ZERO viable liberty options in 2004 and none on the horizon for 2008 (as we didn't know about Ron Paul for the most part at that point). We are also a movement that, despite the protests of a few loud people, is working to reform the GOP. To ask for 4 more years of Bush and validate the entire neocon philosophy is the antithesis of our goals for the exact same reason giving Romney 4 years is the antithesis of our goals. We cannot validate big spending neoconservatism in the GOP. It will represent a massive victory when we only have to deal with big spenders from one party, and that is of course a huge part of our goal.

In addition to this, at least Kerry was offering milquetoast opposition to Bush's foreign policy. Romney is calling for an even more bellicose foreign policy.

Still glad I chose not to vote in 2004, though.

EBounding
10-12-2012, 06:09 AM
I guess to answer the question, I would prefer Romney. I won't vote for him, but him doing well makes it much more likely that our Liberty candidates will be elected/re-elected.

FindLiberty
10-12-2012, 06:14 AM
LP Johnson (because RP write-in not possible).

If that LP option also becomes unavailable, then it's got to be Obama to prevent 8 years of Mitt's madness.

randomname
10-12-2012, 06:30 AM
it's got to be Obama to prevent 8 years of Mitt's madness.

this. hoping he wins by a very narrow margin too so the GOP can beat themselves up over not treating Ron Paul better.

Smart3
10-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Not in a swing state, so voting Johnson. Would vote Obama in swing state.

Smart3
10-13-2012, 12:59 AM
If a gun was aiming at my family and I was forced to choose, then Obama, just so I can watch the GOP squirm for the dumbass mistake they made not nominating Dr. Paul.
I'd tell the gunman to pull the trigger.