PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Street requests Obama Big Bird ad be taken down

Working Poor
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/10/sesame-street-requests-obama-ad-come-down-137888.html

Ha! Big Bird says leave him out of it!

Working Poor
10-09-2012, 04:05 PM
oh common play with me for a minute...

PaulConventionWV
10-09-2012, 04:37 PM
I didn't see the ad. Have a link?

DeMintConservative
10-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I've linked the ad in some other thread, let me check. Here it is: http://youtu.be/bZxs09eV-Vc

I'm still in awe these guys are running Big Bird ads one month before the election day.

"There's been a strong grassroots outcry over the attacks on Big Bird. This is something that mothers across the country are alarmed about, and you know, we're tapping into that," Psaki told reporters aboard Air Force One on Tuesday.

You can't make up this stuff.

specsaregood
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I've linked the ad in some other thread, let me check. Here it is: http://youtu.be/bZxs09eV-Vc
I'm still in awe these guys are running Big Bird ads one month before the election day.
You can't make up this stuff.

Well it probably works well.

DeMintConservative
10-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Works well for whom?

specsaregood
10-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Works well for whom?
I would guess it works by evoking an emotional reaction in favor of the candidate using them.

MelissaWV
10-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Works well for whom?

People who see it as an attack purely on Big Bird, and don't realize what "Public Broadcasting" entails.

supermario21
10-09-2012, 05:09 PM
It just shows you how much of a joke the campaign is...here we are fighting over Big Bird, while Ron Paul would be discussing the debt, importance of sound money, necessary ending of dangerous undeclared wars, etc...

supermario21
10-09-2012, 05:10 PM
It also shows that the Obama campaign is imploding and an impending landslide for Romney. This race would have been over 2 months ago if RP were the nominee.

Aratus
10-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Governor Mitt Romney has moved up in some of the battleground state polls and
is hovering oh so very close to a hypothetical tight race and/or narrow victory...

DeMintConservative
10-09-2012, 05:28 PM
I would guess it works by evoking an emotional reaction in favor of the candidate using them.

People who see it as an attack purely on Big Bird, and don't realize what "Public Broadcasting" entails.

It works so well the campaign is blaming it on the grassroots. Even my hyper-partisan democratic friends are cringing at it. The reaction on twitter and social media is basically of ridicule and scorn. It fits the narrative that Obama is running a diversionary campaign. It keeps people talking about the debate, which should be the last thing the Obama campaign wanted. It makes them look like jerks for not immediately abiding to Sesame Workshop request (I doubt the ad is still running anywhere tomorrow though). And it makes them sound detached and disoriented: here you have a presidential campaign claiming that, in this economic context, American mothers are worried about a freaking puppet getting subsidies (and a multi-millionaire puppet to boot).

Romney is already stumping on it. Here's how the main piece from the USA Today starts:

Romney to Obama: More jobs, less Big Bird

4:19PM EST October 9. 2012 - Mitt Romney took President Obama to task about focusing on Big Bird, as he spoke to Iowans on Tuesday about jobs and the economy.

"These are tough times with real serious issues," Romney said at an event in Van Meter, Iowa. "So you have to scratch your head when the president spends the last week talking about saving Big Bird. I actually think we need to have a president who talks about saving the American people and saving good jobs and saving our future and also saving the family farm

It's bizarre. They haven't run an ad touting the jobs report and are focusing on Big Bird?

paulbot24
10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
"Public Broadcasting" = Public Brainwashing. All we need is love and a world without guns so really smart men and women can guide us by the hand and help us all acheive world peace! Cue the UN logo in 5...4...3...2.

Philhelm
10-09-2012, 05:34 PM
It just shows you how much of a joke the campaign is...here we are fighting over Big Bird, while Ron Paul would be discussing the debt, importance of sound money, necessary ending of dangerous undeclared wars, etc...

Uh huh uh...penis!!!

Working Poor
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I can't understand what is going on with this election...