PDA

View Full Version : SUPREMES DOCKET INCOME TAX CHALLENGE

sailingaway
10-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Colorado man's challenge to IRS says wages don't count

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/supremes-docket-income-tax-challenge/

At minimum I think the idea that basic food, clothing, education, shelter and health costs shouldn't be 'expenses' and deducted from wages seems reasonable. Mind you, the IRS is very clear on this.

Would be nice if they challenged shifting the burden to the IRS from the taxpayer in tax court, as well.

FrancisMarion
10-09-2012, 04:17 PM
From his website Foundation for Truth in Law:

Supreme Court has docketed my IRS tax case! I received the following LETTER telling me my case was placed on the docket, and it seems the justices will consider hearing the case. 99% of all cases to the S.Ct. are NOT accepted

Anybody care to clarify this for me? I thought if your case was on the docket, it was on the docket. What's this "considering" business?

Also, I don't know much of this except I find the income tax repulsive. Can anyone point me in the right direction for history of challenges to it (other than law books)?

Who's a bigger Goliath: FED or IRS?

low preference guy
10-09-2012, 04:27 PM
scalia's likely ruling: it's been done for a while, so it's ok. i'm only a half-hearted originalist.

Danke
10-10-2012, 09:12 AM
They took the case because he will lose. He is making the wrong argument.

ctiger2
10-10-2012, 09:35 AM

Yep, they'll pound him into the sand real hard for all to see.

FrancisMarion
10-10-2012, 12:17 PM

whats the strong argument? plain theft?

Zippyjuan
10-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Examining the photo of the Supreme Court website page, it indicates that they have received his petition to be heard by the Supreme Court. They are scheduled to decide by October 11th (again, according to the document) to decide if they will accept his petiton or not. Seems at this point, they have NOT agreed to look at the case.
99.9% of all petitions are denied. A very long ways from the court possibly hearing the case.
http://www.wnd.com/files/2012/09/Taxes32.jpg