PDA

View Full Version : Obama Says He Wants to Debate Civil Liberties With Romney

Lucille
10-09-2012, 10:34 AM
LOL... I suppose he really means fake civil liberties like free abortions, not the ones he's already nullified which Romney agrees with.

Good start on the list of questions at the link.

Obama Says He Wants to Debate Civil Liberties With Romney; Here's Some Atrocious Decisions He Should Explain
http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/09/obama-says-he-wants-to-debate-civil-libe

So on every issue domestically we’ve got differences, and I haven’t even—we haven’t talked about the fact that my opponent feels comfortable with Washington making decisions about women’s health care that women, Michelle tells me, are perfectly capable of making themselves. (Laughter and applause.)

We haven’t talked about what's at stake with respect to the Supreme Court. We haven’t talked about what's at stake with respect to civil liberties. And obviously there's a lot at stake internationally. And an opponent who calls me ending the war in Iraq "tragic," or suggests that somehow we should stay longer in Afghanistan has a very different world view, different perspective.

Let's put aside for a minute that Obama rejected the FDA's science-based recommendation to allow girls under the age of 17 over-the-counter access to emergency contraception; that a Republican-appointed Supreme Court justice saved Obamacare; and that Obama's "different world view" manifests in funding (and directing) a Mexican drug war that's claimed 60,000 lives, bombing an incalculable number of Muslim civilians, and lying about a terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

Let's instead just focus on this: "We haven’t talked about what's at stake with respect to civil liberties."

"If Obama wants to discuss civil liberties, he should be held accountable for the obliteration of the First, Fourth, and Fifth amendments occurring under his watch, if not under his direction," writes Jesselyn Radack, National Security & Human Rights Director for the Government Accountability Project. If Radack were moderating, Obama would have to answer for his secret kill list, expanded surveillance, his assassination of American citizens, secret laws created by the PATRIOT Act, and his war on both whistleblowers and journalists.

Brian4Liberty
10-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah, Obama wants to talk about abortion and gay marriage, not the Bill of Rights, which he flagrantly violates.

TheTexan
10-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Makes sense. Gay marriage & abortion are standard staples of the Left vs Right illusion scam.

Brian4Liberty
10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Makes sense. Gay marriage & abortion are standard staples of the Left vs Right illusion scam.

Add evolution and the age of the Earth to the mix, and the next debate will be called the greatest debate since Lincoln-Douglas.

sailingaway
10-09-2012, 11:18 AM
that is so nausea inducing....

jmdrake
10-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Add evolution and the age of the Earth to the mix, and the next debate will be called the greatest debate since Lincoln-Douglas.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian4Liberty again

oyarde
10-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Obama speaking of civil rights is ridiculous , the only right that marxist fuck is concerned about is the right of Fed govt to steal more from the people.

Working Poor
10-09-2012, 11:39 AM
LOL at the thought of it.

Sola_Fide
10-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Yeah, Obama wants to talk about abortion and gay marriage, not the Bill of Rights, which he flagrantly violates.

Exactly. And the insane thing is the post-modern secular elements of the freedom movement attempt to morph "homosexual rights" and "abortion rights" into the liberty message.

They "cheer on" Obama, thinking that their support of these things is "libertarian".

Brett85
10-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Yep. Killing babies is a "civil liberties" issue to Obama, but holding Americans indefinitely without trial isn't a civil liberties issue.

torchbearer
10-09-2012, 12:28 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian4Liberty again

hooked him up for the both of us.

buck000
10-09-2012, 02:09 PM
They can argue over who is more qualified to review the kill list that includes US citizens. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-RWnnwwvus

GeorgiaAvenger
10-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Not civil liberties, gay marriage and affirmative action most likely.

Cody1
10-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Not civil liberties, gay marriage and affirmative action most likely.

Right on the money, THE SPARKS ARE GONNA FLY.

Debate mods: SEE, SEE, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!!!

awake
10-09-2012, 04:30 PM
They might as well debate who has had the biggest bowel movement. Niether one has a clue about liberty.

Philhelm
10-09-2012, 05:43 PM
They can argue over who is more qualified to review the kill list that includes US citizens. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-RWnnwwvus

I'll volunteer for that job. Although, I suspect that my list would be quite different from theirs.

jtstellar
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
i am trying to lose an additional 10lbs, where the f is my civil liberty to free weight trainers, nutritionists and health consultants huh obama??!!?! for all the talk of preventative care, don't you want to save your obamacare some money? isn't this the argument you love? then give me them free stuff

LibertyEagle
10-09-2012, 08:18 PM
They can start with the kill list that the President has.

TheTexan
10-09-2012, 08:22 PM
They can start with the kill list that the President has.

Doesn't officially exist. Unless you want to have an unofficial debate where unofficially Obama can brag about it

acptulsa
10-09-2012, 08:24 PM
They might as well debate who has had the biggest bowel movement. Niether one has a clue about liberty.

That would actually be most appropriate for a civil liberties debate between these two jackasses. That way, they can make us all watch them use this:

http://rlv.zcache.com/constitution_toilet_paper_poster-r220f2d881d894dfeb12c8dcc00c3ed73_es7_328.jpg?bg=0 xFFFFFF

Smart3
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Mitt Romney isn't the most intelligent guy around, but I'm confident he accepts science.

liberty2897
10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Mitt Romney isn't the most intelligent guy around, but I'm confident he accepts science.

Mitt Romney: I do believe in basic science. I believe in participating in space. I believe in analysis of new sources of energy. I believe in laboratories, looking at ways to conduct electricity with -- with cold fusion, if we can come up with it. It was the University of Utah that solved that. We somehow can’t figure out how to duplicate it.

reference:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/992671#.UHTlWYq0O5P

Sorry, couldn't resist. I guess maybe he accepts it, but I don't think he understands it.... I don't hold that against him too much. Most scientists don't understand it either.