PDA

View Full Version : Donations WAY down

Electrostatic
11-19-2007, 08:42 PM
This is getting pretty bad..
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/last_days_total.html

BLS
11-19-2007, 08:43 PM
People are saving up for the Tea Party....not to worry.

Dr. Paul has plenty of money to work with for now.

jake
11-19-2007, 08:43 PM
the calm before the storm, as they say.

Ron Paul Fan
11-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Here we go again. I propose a new sub forum for new threads complaining about donations leading up to December 16th. It would be the busiest sub forum in the history of the internet.

FreeTraveler
11-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah, emergency! We're over 8.5 mil for the quarter, and less than two-thirds through the quarter, with a 12 mil goal. Everybody, panic now!!

Electrostatic
11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
I didn't say "panic", I just said it looks bad.

McLane2007
11-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Lots of people are traveling for Thanksgiving

Sematary
11-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I didn't say "panic", I just said it looks bad.

to whom?

MozoVote
11-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Even without Tea Party we'd be seeing a falloff in donations during Thanksgiving week. Just chill.

Jordan
11-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Just wait until Dec16 more than doubles the amount we have right now. There is nothing to worry about, I'm glad to see people are saving some for the Tea Party.

Also consider we gave the campaign $4.3Million just two weeks ago.

richk
11-19-2007, 08:54 PM
It only looks bad if you are analyzing ronpaulgraphs.com. 8.5 million looks great on the thermometer! Why do we have this post every single day??? Everybody is saving for Dec. 16, and we all know this!!! If you are worried, donate some money. :)

AlexMerced
it's all gravy, worst came to worse we still got enough for a good gith with what we got, with the grassroots picking up so much slack,

speciallyblend
i say if you complain about donations ,instead of writing stupid threads then donate and dont start stupid threads

Wyurm
11-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Hey, I don't mean to whine per se, but I question why we must have one of these threads per day. As someone already explained, its like the tide going out before a tsunami. The tsunami comes on the 16th of Dec. If the Campaign needs money now, they will email us like they've done before. As for looks. Getting only 5k for a money bomb (I won't name the campaign), or 80 ish people to sign up, now that looks bad.

genrlfuzzywuzzy
11-19-2007, 08:57 PM
I saved for the Nov 5th donation and I'm waiting again. When we all donate at once it seems to catch more attention than slowly climbing figures.

AlexMerced
the whole 5k thing was hilarious. the low sign-ups is hilarious too... fills me with hope as well.

Sematary
i say if you complain about donations ,instead of writing stupid threads then donate and dont start stupid threads

+1

born2drv
11-19-2007, 08:58 PM
I think it's great..... last time around we experienced the same thing..... donations went down to a trickle after fill the quill and a million for paul fundraisers, it was like everyone was tapped out... then BAM money bomb :)

if things are slow now this makes me even more optimistic because the message is obviously getting out there now more then ever and we're rising in the polls.... so they must be saving up for dec 16th. i was very pessimistic about nov 5 but i have no worries at all about dec 16th.

AlexMerced
11-19-2007, 09:00 PM
I worry cause expectation from ourselves is high, I'm sure we'll destroy people expectation from outside our circle.

AFM
11-19-2007, 09:07 PM
December 16th will be a day to remember
A day when all pokemasters will cower in fear of my Charizards flamethrower attack
A day when Giuliani will cry himself to sleep while listening to Frank Sinatra's My Way
A day when Barack Obama will write his 13th book in a month
WE CAN DO IT
WE CAN DO ANYTHING
LETS DO THIS

honkywill
11-19-2007, 09:16 PM
15mil at the end of the quarter is going to look good.

Stealth4
11-19-2007, 09:17 PM
you guys are promoting teaparty07.com wherever you can right?

AlexMerced
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
yeppers

amakris
11-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Donations aren't way down. You're simply looking at "one is smaller than the other." You need to focus more on the decay that occurs after the 5th and the 11th money bombs. Those are the perfectly normal trends that you're ignoring. Stop with the sky is falling rhetoric.

Sematary
11-19-2007, 09:23 PM
you guys are promoting teaparty07.com wherever you can right?

you bet yer ass we are
You got some place specific in mind?

RonPaulFever
11-19-2007, 09:32 PM
llepard's USA Today ad is what's going to put Dec. 16th over the top. Mark my words, that ad alone is going to bring in at least a million.

goldenequity
11-19-2007, 10:07 PM
How about an article endorsing the Dec. 16th Teaparty to

1.2 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/11/20/ron-paul-sets-new-record-raises-4-million-in-24-hours.aspx (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/11/20/ron-paul-sets-new-record-raises-4-million-in-24-hours.aspx)

Yep.... Dr. Mercola..... of mercola.com is a Ron Paul FANATIC....
his previous article directing his followers to rpaudio 2 weeks ago swamped the site all weekend....

This is HUGE!!! :)

AlexMerced
11-19-2007, 10:10 PM
my eyes are filled with happy gnomes... whatever that means

max
11-19-2007, 10:13 PM
When Tsunamis hit...the first wave is impressive...and then the water retreats way back into the sea...

everyone thinks the worst is over and they flock towards the beach to view the odd spectacle of retreating waves.....

then....BAM! The real tsunami hits!

11/5 was just a really big wave...

justinc.1089
11-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey, I don't mean to whine per se, but I question why we must have one of these threads per day. As someone already explained, its like the tide going out before a tsunami. The tsunami comes on the 16th of Dec. If the Campaign needs money now, they will email us like they've done before. As for looks. Getting only 5k for a money bomb (I won't name the campaign), or 80 ish people to sign up, now that looks bad.

Can you name the campaign? lol :D

Seriously I would like to know what campaign that was. Was that Obama's?

It will be great if they all fail miserably like that lol. I think our fundraising is going pretty good. There have been periods like this before where the pace slowed down, but it picked back up everytime, not to mention what happened on the 5th. And I'm thinking on the 16th we will do like at least $6.5 million.

Cindy
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
We already passed our goal for this month last week. It's all bonus bucks now. How can we be down. You have to stop watching this second by second and making judgments on bits and pieces. you have to look at it month to month, quarter to quarter, and relative to donation drive days and holidays.

We are kicking ass for a grassroots campaign.

Remember, a lot of people are spending a lot of money daily funding grass roots projects. Those personal expenses do not show up on Pauls meter, yet do go towards promotional efforts. That is what counts.

The next shock and awe will be there on the 16th. Three more weeks. Get busy promoting Paul until then and quit watching the meters and graghs so much!!! Such post titles look bad and misleading to guest viewers when we are actually ahead of our goal schedule and rocking for Q4.

AlexMerced
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Canvassing, Ads, and Delegates that's the goal

Original_Intent
11-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Actually the whole "fundraising is down right now" really works for us. any of you that have read Art of War should be with me on this.

When you are strong, project weakness. when you are weak, project strength.

Right now we are strong, and we can only HOPE that our adversaries see the low fundraising and write Nov 5th off as a fluke.

And I hope they think New Hampshire is a fluke.
And Iowa.
And South Carolina.
And Super Duper Tuesday.
And the General Election.
And the war ending.
And the Constituion reinstated as the law of the land.

You get my drift =)

Electrostatic
11-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Actually the whole "fundraising is down right now" really works for us. any of you that have read Art of War should be with me on this.

When you are strong, project weakness. when you are weak, project strength.

Right now we are strong, and we can only HOPE that our adversaries see the low fundraising and write Nov 5th off as a fluke.

And I hope they think New Hampshire is a fluke.
And Iowa.
And South Carolina.
And Super Duper Tuesday.
And the General Election.
And the war ending.
And the Constituion reinstated as the law of the land.

You get my drift =)

I like that one.. To tell the truth I mainly posted this just to see the reaction.The 16th will be huge.

LibertyEagle
11-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Is Adam Curry supporting us on this fundraiser, as well?

jmunjr
11-19-2007, 10:59 PM
These lulls make me wonder if all the donations on these money bomb days are coming from a small number of (the same)supporters... A larger number of supports should yield a higher, steadier stream of donations imo..