PDA

View Full Version : Posted at a Police Department...don't let them near your dogs

Melissa
10-09-2012, 09:25 AM
I am a foster for a rescue group and I have many other rescue groups I have "liked" on facebook...this poster was posted on one of the groups I am in and the person that posted it said it was posted at a police department close to them.... http://s1283.beta.photobucket.com/user/mline73/media/PolicepostertokilldogsattheNewBedfordPoliceDep_zps 8b6675f0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a559/mline73/PolicepostertokilldogsattheNewBedfordPoliceDep_zps 8b6675f0.jpg

KMX
10-09-2012, 09:28 AM
no longer up

Melissa
10-09-2012, 09:35 AM
It is showing for me still...I even downloaded the image but have no clue how to put in this thread

RickyJ
10-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Not showing for me either. Someone doesn't like what you posted I suppose. Up load your image at a image hosting service, most are free, photobucket is one I think. Then click on the little image tag on the reply section on RPF and enter the URL of the image. You can get that by copying and pasting it from photobucket.

Melissa
10-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I think it is because the group I am linking to is a closed group...will give what you said a try thanks

Melissa
10-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Please let me know if you can see it now

Lucille
10-09-2012, 10:00 AM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/sep/21/kill-a-pitbull-day-sparks-online-fire-chattanooga/

A social media hoax that proclaims Halloween as "National Kill a Pitbull Day" has upset an official at a local animal shelter who's worried it might inspire someone to hurt a dog.

"Even if this is a joke, it's not funny," said Alison Smith, director of the Walker County Animal Shelter in Georgia, who reported it to the Walker County Sheriff's Office after it was brought to the shelter's attention.

"I just felt like the community needed to know this," Smith said.

She thinks pit bull owners should know, in case they want to keep their dogs inside on Halloween night.

The message to kill pit bulls has gone viral on Facebook and Twitter and is attributed to Terry Jordan, a Slater, Mo., councilman who earlier this year helped write an ordinance to control vicious animals, according to the Marshall Democrat-News in Marshall, Mo.

"We don't know who posted it, and I don't know how to stop it," Jordan told the newspaper, which reported he was horrified by the hoax and never has suggested violence against pitbulls. Angry phone calls have flooded his business, the Slater Police Department and the Slater City Hall, the paper reported.

Walker County Detective Capt. Steve Rogers doesn't think the hoax is going to inspire violence against pit bulls.

Oh look. Another cop is "thinking." That never ends well.

Terry Jordan, a Slater, Mo., councilman who earlier this year helped write an ordinance to control vicious animals, according to the Marshall Democrat-News in Marshall, Mo.

Control, as in cops shooting to kill no matter what any dog of any type is doing?

CaseyJones
10-09-2012, 10:02 AM
I added it as an image in the OP for ya

Melissa
10-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Hey Lucille how did you get it in the actual thread..I must not know what I am doing as I have no clue how you did that and clicked on every button I saw trying lol thanks wish I could get that in my first post

Melissa
10-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I added it as an image in the OP for ya I see it thanks so much guys..Not good at some of this computer stuff lol

Mr. Perfidy
10-09-2012, 10:04 AM
what does this have to do with keeping the cops away from your dogs...?

I thought this was going to be a discussion the insanity that characterises the typical citizen's opinion of animals and wildlife, especially in an environment of broke municipalities inventing any way they can to shake down people in their towns (pet licensing).

When the cops are on my street, I go outside to scoop up my cats. Typical wisdom of the great many in my area says that no living thing has any rights whatsoever, and that anything alive is better off being regulated. Thus, any animal not collared and microchipped is an obvious threat to the public welfare and should be kidnapped, forcibly injected and implanted with cyber-chips. Totally disconnected insanity.

Lucille
10-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Hey Lucille how did you get it in the actual thread..I must not know what I am doing as I have no clue how you did that and clicked on every button I saw trying lol thanks wish I could get that in my first post

There's an image icon in the post toolbar. Click that and add your url and click OK.

Melissa
10-09-2012, 10:07 AM
I just think it is sad that this was listed at a police department..I am not sure if they are warning the people or informing them in case animals come up dead

jbauer
10-09-2012, 10:25 AM
What does some random posting on some random internet site have anything to do with cops killing pitbulls?

The Free Hornet
10-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Disgusting. I hope they have the good sense to educate themselves in pitbull identification.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1188&d=1327444263