PDA

View Full Version : The Morton Downey videos on youtube...

sunny
06-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Y'all gotta see these videos.......there are 3 of them......back in 88 when dr. paul was running on the libertarian ticket........wow, i've never seen him like this.....he certainly has mellowed with age.......don't get me wrong........still deeply committed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGGDVm4mmTo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waesMWjaqnU

Duckman
06-21-2007, 03:36 PM
...the Morton Downey show encouraged confrontations between guests and the audience, a la Jerry Springer. It was basically a Jerry Springer show where current events and political ideas were debated.

MGS
06-21-2007, 03:39 PM
That chick in the beret angers me.

mtbaird5687
06-21-2007, 03:40 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3896

AgentSmith
06-21-2007, 04:35 PM
That was incredible! Paul knows all about the CIA drug trade. Hes the man!

kalami
06-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Paul is pretty sharp and that took some friggin' balls. I can't believe he voluntarily put himself in such a hostile environment.

silverhandorder
06-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Wow this made me so mad that these basterds would talk to Ron like that. Everyone deserves respect, I don't even bad mouth front runers or Bush. Plus I think he held his own pretty well.

mesler
06-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Actually, this guy pioneered this format. He would have food fights and other nonsense on his show.

angelatc
06-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the links.

The woman in the beret is Lisa Sliwa, co-founder of the Guardian Angels.

Marceline88
06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Okay, maybe it's just me.....but dangit, Ron Paul was a goooood looking fella. Not only is he rational, consistent and honest, but he was hot too! :) Maybe I just go for the skinny intellectual geek types but, I am crushin' on the 50-something Ron Paul.

Makes me mad to see him disrespected so by Downey and his braindead studio audience. Ron Paul was so ahead of his time it hurts. Dr. Paul deserves better.:mad:

TheConstitutionLives
06-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Lol

sunny
06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Marceline,
i can totally relate to what you said. i think dr. paul is one good looking gentleman. his wife is very blessed and the whole family is too!
btw, there is a website - ronpaulnation - there's alotta videos on the bottom - click on the one with the picture of dr. paul's wife carol and watch it - it's wonderful. it's a history of him and of his family.
and yes it burns my bottom when i see people treating him like that on the tv show......he is worthy of respect. you could tell he was affected by the outbursts if you watched his face closely......i don't know what i woulda done if i had been there! i'd probably woulda wound up in the slammer! lol

on a lighter note that first clip - the short one - always leaves me laughing!

Therion
06-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Ron Paul- the man who could be snorting coke in the whitehouse! :D

CAKochenash
06-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe I just go for the skinny intellectual geek types but, I am crushin' on the 50-something Ron Paul.:

go oooonnnn...:D

EvoPro
06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Morton Downey Jr. was one worthless waste of space. Nobody talks to Dr. Paul like that!

Brandybuck
06-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I remember watching that show when it first aired. I was devastated. After it was over I sat down and wrote a letter to Ron Paul, telling him not to give up hope after that horrible treatment by Downey.

He then went on to be interviewed by the ever respectful and erudite William F. Buckley Jr. So maybe my letter helped :)

peruvianRP
06-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I remember watching that show when it first aired. I was devastated. After it was over I sat down and wrote a letter to Ron Paul, telling him not to give up hope after that horrible treatment by Downey.

He then went on to be interviewed by the ever respectful and erudite William F. Buckley Jr. So maybe my letter helped :)

man, how old r you?

mport1
06-21-2007, 10:01 PM
I couldn't finish that. Just terrible.

akalucas
06-21-2007, 10:28 PM
it would be cool if someone made a video out of this using some clips with facts, since its 20 years later, to show how Ron Paul was right.

EvoPro
06-21-2007, 10:40 PM
It is horrible that someone can call the MDJshow legendary. Dr. Paul handled it well and there are a few times where he gets his points across so well that everyone including the worthless Downey seems blown away. They have the look of "wow maybe he's right."
And then they snap back to there delusioned world: Let's yell some more!!! yah! Yelling is so noisy!!!! And awesome!! Especially on TV!!!! What!!!! What was that!!!!!! I can't hear you because I'm yelling!!! Yeahhh!!!!!!!! I said I'm yelling!!!!!!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-21-2007, 10:44 PM
I thought Ron Paul did a fantastic job. Good to know hes a fighter, and not one of those "direction of the wind" guys who not only doesnt have a clue what hes talking about, but also doesnt have any passion for what hes talking about.