PDA

View Full Version : Untypical candidate Paul no longer on the fringe

American
11-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Pretty good article coming out of Florida, thought I would post it since I know we all love decent media coverage. You can comment also...:)

On Nov. 5, history was made. Rep. Ron Paul, dismissed by some as a fringe candidate, raised $4.2 million for his presidential campaign in a single day, propelling him into the first tier of the American presidential race.

Unlike the big money politics of the status quo candidates, the average contribution from the 36,672 donors was $103. So, how did the Star-Banner report this watershed political event? Was there a front-page headline? Was there in-depth analysis? No, not one word for what was undoubtedly the single biggest display of grassroots political activism in modern American history.

In fairness, Ron Paul is not the typical candidate.

The free-market economics that he advocates is the antithesis of special-interest politics. His non-interventionist foreign policies might not play well with conservative commentators, and his pro-life position is a hard sell with many on the left. This leaves him without many of the traditional bases from which campaigns typically grow.

Perhaps this is why he has been marginalized for so long.

But these are not typical times. The country is aching for a change. The 2006 election proved that.

But the only alternative being offered by the Democrats is a turn to the left, accompanied by a tepid drawdown of the war in Iraq. Ron Paul offers a real alternative to the big government liberalism offered by the left and the big government conservatism offered by the right.

Paul's message of peace, freedom and prosperity is attracting a diverse group of supporters that includes conservative, liberals, independents, libertarians and Americans of all stripes looking for a new way forward. This diverse coalition of support is changing the

dynamics of the presidential race in a way not seen for generations.

There might have been a time when his campaign could be ignored and his ideas dismissed, but that time is no more.

It is time for the media to wake up and take Ron Paul seriously.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20071118/OPINION/211180303/1368/googlesitemapnews

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-19-2007, 09:09 PM
That came out of Florida?
AMAZING!!!

Cindy
11-19-2007, 09:41 PM
That came out of Florida?
AMAZING!!!

Honestly!!! Even the Tampa Herald last week, printed that tripe from that neocon woman who said, Enough with the e-mails Ron Paul supporters, I looked at your candidate and I find him to be inconsistant for these reasons, blah blah blah.

My husband and I were just watching some election coverage on Anderson Cooper ( while stapling slim Jims to flyers and labeling Ron Paul DVDs) talking about how Giuliani has the lead here, how thick and corrupt this state is and how the Florida meetup groups really have our work cut out for us.

We need Comercials, Radio ads and Billboards down here now. I know they are being worked on by meetups. I want to get to work on a billboard push myself next week with my local meetups.

We just have to win that Straw Poll in St. Petes next week, the day of the debate, to shake things up around here.

Thanks for posting the article from Ocala!!! It was nice to hear about and read!!:)