PDA

View Full Version : brief summary of Romneys speach at VMA just now

tangent4ronpaul
10-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Jooz first!
built 50 new war ships a year
lots of new "free trade" agreements (send US jobs overseas and undermine the economy)
War with Iran
War with Syria
Endless war on terrorism
screw the economy - war is more important
I'm running for dictator of the world
only 3 NATO partners spend at least 2% of their GDP on their military. Pressure and bribe the rest to do so.
Put missile "defense" all over the world
Park a couple more carrier groups in the middle east
No "sunlight" between Israel and us. Jooz first!
Moar WAR, WAR, WAR!!!!

His speach actually made me like Obama better as I learned 2 things I didn't know before: He is putting "sunlight" between the US and Israel and he hasn't entered into a new free trade agreement in 4 years.

-t

JK/SEA
10-08-2012, 10:19 AM
nothing about re-instating the draft?....yeah..i didn't watch it. I gotta watch my blood pressure.

gwax23
10-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Whats wrong with free trade?

Petar
10-08-2012, 10:24 AM

"nothing"

Petar
10-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Heh, that was sort of a joke...

The reason that the op put "free trade in quotation marks is because thing like NAFTA and CAFTA etc, are actually the opposite of real free trade.

They are complex managed trade agreements.

tangent4ronpaul
10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Nothing on the draft

"free trade" is a code word. It's doublespeak. It means an agreement that benefits another country and screws us financially. It ALWAYS results in US jobs being shipped overseas - generally to sweatshop countries.

-t

VanBummel
10-08-2012, 10:46 AM
His speach actually made me like Obama better as I learned 2 things I didn't know before: He is putting "sunlight" between the US and Israel and he hasn't entered into a new free trade agreement in 4 years.

It's crazy, neocon's act like Obama is anti-Israel and will cut war spending, and it makes Obama sound like someone I would like. Liberals act like Romney and Ryan are strict libertarians who are going to eviscerate the government, and it makes them sound like people I would like. Maybe if we let them in on this they'll shut the hell up already.

nobody's_hero
10-08-2012, 02:57 PM
One thing I keep hearing from my grandpa is how Obama is cutting the military. My grandpa's a navy vet. He watched that "2016" movie so I don't know if there was a lot of propaganda in that or what.

I just haven't heard much of anything about cuts. I think the GOP has made it sound that way to justify increases, though.

We already spend as much as the rest of the world combined.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM

Lack of government involvement is free trade. He is talking about "agreements" between governments.

Working Poor
10-08-2012, 06:52 PM

-t

I think Obama is better than Mitt

Feeding the Abscess
10-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Obama did the Columbian and Korean trade deals, didn't he?

supermario21
10-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Obama did the Columbian and Korean trade deals, didn't he?

No, I read an article this morning (on here I believe somewhere) that those agreements were signed by Obama's administration but negotiated during the Bush days.

moostraks
10-09-2012, 06:27 AM
It's crazy, neocon's act like Obama is anti-Israel and will cut war spending, and it makes Obama sound like someone I would like. Liberals act like Romney and Ryan are strict libertarians who are going to eviscerate the government, and it makes them sound like people I would like. Maybe if we let them in on this they'll shut the hell up already.

lol!!!^^^ Ain't that the truth. Anything that would shut them up with their mindless propaganda to scare the voters into the corral would be alright by me!

One thing I keep hearing from my grandpa is how Obama is cutting the military. My grandpa's a navy vet. He watched that "2016" movie so I don't know if there was a lot of propaganda in that or what.

I just haven't heard much of anything about cuts. I think the GOP has made it sound that way to justify increases, though.

We already spend as much as the rest of the world combined.

I think you are right in the GOP military industrial complex whores want the military voters to believe that Obama wants their jobs and won't increase pay therefore he is cutting the military while they will increase it with all their proposed wars they want. I don't think anyone is cutting military spending which is obscene to the extreme. Looks like we are 41-44% (depending on who's calculating) of the world's total expenditures on military spending. We spend more than the next 14-20 countries combined (again depending on whose calculating).

Irony is public school teachers and military griping about the need to cut back on "entitlement" programs.