PDA

View Full Version : Someone I beg you PLEASE make a video with this song.

Matthew Zak
11-19-2007, 07:57 PM
This song embodies the inner struggle one must go through on their way to changing their life. The lyrics are vague enough that they can be applied to the Ron Paul Revolution and be incredibly effective. With this song we can create the most affective video to date that won't just motivate us (though I assure you it will), it could stir things up among those who are not yet where we are.

It should really emphasize the cognitive dissonance a person goes through in the moments before enlightenment. Because many people are transitioning from frustration to apathy, from apathy to dissonance, from dissonance to enlightenment.

Here's a link (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7834790587046888876&q=muse+butterflies+and+hurricanes+-live&pr=goog-sl) to their video.

Butterflies and Hurricanes - MUSE

Change everything you are
And everything you were
Your number has been called

Fights and battles have begun
Revenge will surely come
Your hard times are ahead

Best, you've got to be the best
You've got to change the world
And use this chance to be heard
Your time is now

Change everything you are
And everything you were
Your number has been called

Fights and battles have begun
Revenge will surely come
Your hard times are ahead

Your time is now

Don’t let yourself down
And don’t let yourself go
Your last chance has arrived

Your time is now

Matthew Zak
11-19-2007, 08:08 PM
bump

Matthew Zak
11-19-2007, 08:19 PM
bump

Matthew Zak
11-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Come on guys I am telling you, as an idealist, this song will move people!

hopeforamerica
11-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Great song! After I get done with my husband's Ron Paul song/video, I might play with it a bit. It would be great if someone better at videos picked it up though. I can't capture any Ron Paul speeches.

d991
11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
For the CNN/Youtube video submission, doesn't the music have to be original, and if not, don't you need written permission to use the song?
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I am under the impression you can't use someone else's song (which makes it difficult to make a submission if you ask me)

Anyone know?

deedles
11-19-2007, 08:56 PM
where is the link?

madcat033
11-19-2007, 09:32 PM
I love that song... the lyrics are definitely awesome. I used those lyrics in my facebook profile for a long time.

Matthew Zak
11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
For the CNN/Youtube video submission, doesn't the music have to be original, and if not, don't you need written permission to use the song?
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I am under the impression you can't use someone else's song (which makes it difficult to make a submission if you ask me)

Anyone know?

It's one of their singles so I doubt they'd care. I'll mention that it's a muse song, and that it's one of their singles somewhere in the video.

I am gonna try to make a video although it's gonna be rough, and it will take quite awhile t gather resources. I'd be great if more people would also attempt this and we could choose the best one or even put them all up!

r3volution
11-20-2007, 12:36 PM
another song i am surprised i have not seen is .
Phil Collins - Land of Confusion ..