PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Republican's comments on slavery, Muslims stir controversy

fr33
10-06-2012, 11:10 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/06/us-usa-politics-arkansas-idUSBRE8950FU20121006

In his self-published 2009 book titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative," state Representative Jon Hubbard of Jonesboro, Arkansas, writes that "the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise."

His book also says that blacks "are likely much better than they ever would have enjoyed living in sub-Saharan Africa."

Charles Fuqua of Batesville, Arkansas, is currently seeking a House of Representatives seat. His e-book "God's Law: The Only Political Solution" came out in April on Amazon.

"I see no solution to the Muslim problem short of expelling all followers of the religion from the United States," he writes in his book, according to The Arkansas Times newspaper.

I'm not from Arkansas so I don't know, but why is it that a book written in '09 finally comes up in the media right before an election?

And why does the Republican party have to be the homebase of the modern bigots these days?

Origanalist
10-06-2012, 11:18 PM
What's bigoted about that? Muslims? Get em outta here, all of em! Blacks? Send em back to Africa. And Catholics? Weirdo cultists, let em live in the Vatican. Mezcans back to Mexico, and don't even get me started on the Canadians.

Why do we have another country that close to our border? I say nuke em!!!