PDA

View Full Version : House Intelligence Chmn says China's largest phone maker is a national security threat

tsai3904
10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Huawei Is Security Threat, U.S. Lawmakers Say After Probe

U.S. companies should avoid business with Huawei Technologies Co., China’s largest phone-equipment maker, to guard against intellectual-property theft and spying, the U.S. House Intelligence Committee chairman said.

U.S. companies considering purchases from Huawei should “find another vendor if you care about your intellectual property, if you care about your consumers’ privacy, and you care about the national security of the United States of America,” Representative Mike Rogers told CBS News’s “60 Minutes,” according to a CBS release about an interview set to air tomorrow.

Rogers, a Michigan Republican, and the committee’s top Democrat, Maryland Representative C.A. “Dutch” Ruppersberger, are preparing to issue a report Oct. 8 on their yearlong investigation of Huawei and ZTE Corp. (763), another Chinese phone- equipment maker. The lawmakers have been looking at whether the companies’ expansion in the U.S. market enables Chinese government espionage and imperils the U.S. telecommunications infrastructure.

More:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-05/huawei-is-security-threat-u-s-lawmakers-say-after-probe.html

Lafayette
10-06-2012, 06:37 AM
I suppose when our entire economy is propped up by the FED and $650 a share Apple stock, you could see it as a threat i guess.

Aratus
10-06-2012, 06:54 AM
politics has strange bedfellows from tyme to tyme = Apple as a company surviving Steve Jobs rather neatly and nicely?

asurfaholic
10-06-2012, 07:54 AM
I see our own govt systematically spying on americans as more of a national security threat than some company in china..

acptulsa
10-06-2012, 07:56 AM
I see our own govt systematically spying on americans as more of a national security threat than some company in china..

Well, don't worry. The FEMA camps will have ways of making a team player out of you.

asurfaholic
10-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Well, don't worry. The FEMA camps will have ways of making a team player out of you.

Thanks. I feel so much better now! :/