PDA

View Full Version : Roger Roots gives reason for running for Secretary of State in Montana

sailingaway
10-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I was motivated to run for secretary of state when I witnessed the Republican Party’s suppression of Ron Paul voters during the 2008 and 2012 presidential primary seasons.

Virtually every known tactic of voter suppression was used, including secret unannounced “conventions” in the living rooms of party insiders, rules for voting altered at the last minute, faked vote tallies and votes counted in secret. Nationwide, the vote fraud against Ron Paul this year began at the Iowa caucuses, when votes were changed to make Ron Paul number two. Republicans in Maine canceled caucuses where Ron Paul supporters held majorities. Local vote tallies transmitted to central locations were altered. In Nevada in 2008, the GOP establishment closed their state convention, turned off the lights and fled out side doors to stop Ron Paul voters from outvoting them.

I have seen vote fraud and suppression with my own eyes in Montana. In 2008, Park County Republican bosses held their delegate-nominating convention in someone’s living room and tried to keep the location secret from known Ron Paul supporters on their county committee. In 2008, Gallatin County Republicans took delegate-nominating ballots into a back room and returned claiming McCain supporters had won and that coffee had spilled on the ballots necessitating they be destroyed.

Watching the establishment suppress votes to maintain the expansive government we see today made me understand the great obstacles we face when trying to reform the political system. I believe that libertarianism and freedom are the causes of our future, both in Montana and nationwide. But we must overcome the coercive tactics used by entrenched power holders as they cling to control of our institutions. We must establish and maintain 100 percent integrity in our election processes so that the growing voice of previously suppressed freedom voters can be properly registered and counted.

more at link: http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20121005/OPINION/310050013/Roots-gives-reasons-running?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Smart3
10-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I love his candidacy, although as an LP member, he won't get much support here.

sailingaway
10-05-2012, 07:49 PM
He might when they read this.