PDA

View Full Version : Military Wives Go Artistically Topless To Raise Awareness For PTSD

jim49er
10-05-2012, 04:31 PM
One in five veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars suffers from post-traumatic disorder, a debilitating condition that can lead to violent mood swings, alcoholism and suicide. But, despite the widespread nature of the disorder and its potential risks, vets say they’re not getting proper medical treatment, which is what inspired Ashley Wise to launch "Battling Bare."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/05/military-wives-go-topless_n_1942875.html#slide=1609665?icid=maing-grid7|maing8|dl43|sec1_lnk2&pLid=216496

TheTexan
10-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Ya that makes sense

angelatc
10-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I think that a guy might be upset to find out that his wife was posing nekkid for the enjoyment of other men. Especially one that already was combat crazy.

VBRonPaulFan
10-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah, because if there's anything that helps keep the stress level down on a dude - it's to find out his partner is showing off her goodies for the world to see.

(I know they're not really showing their chest off, I just think the premise is dumb as hell)

Feeding the Abscess
10-05-2012, 05:40 PM
I think that a guy might be upset to find out that his wife was posing nekkid for the enjoyment of other men. Especially one that already was combat crazy.

Bunch of betas in the military, they probably get off on it.

Iptay
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
If any of you actually looked at the article you'd know that there faces weren't even shown and every picture was of their backs. PTSD is a serious issue and I'm glad they are trying to wear awareness about it. For God's sake, more soldiers die from suicide than combat.

MelissaWV
10-05-2012, 05:48 PM
If any of you actually looked at the article you'd know that there faces weren't even shown and every picture was of their backs. PTSD is a serious issue and I'm glad they are trying to wear awareness about it. For God's sake, more soldiers die from suicide than combat.

That's fine... I don't think anyone's disputing that... it just doesn't make sense as an "awareness" tool.

"Okay, some lady's muscular shoulders have some writing on them. Well. Now I'm aware and I'm going to donate time/money to that cause."

:confused:

TheTexan
10-05-2012, 05:48 PM
If you can't get attention for your cause, get women naked... that always works

kathy88
10-05-2012, 05:53 PM

Absolutely. ON the flip side, though I know several veterans who are receiving govt bennies for the rest of their lives for PSTD and they don't have it any more than I do.

CaptainAmerica
10-05-2012, 05:57 PM
.............................what the hell is wrong with this country.

better-dead-than-fed
10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
"... hundreds of women who feel the system is not giving back what their scarred husbands put in."

A lesson for any considering putting more into the system.

TheTexan
10-05-2012, 06:02 PM
"... hundreds of women who feel the system is not giving back what their scarred husbands put in."

A lesson for any considering putting more into the system.

I'm thinking their husbands should be grateful they are not getting back what they put in

Dick Chaney
10-05-2012, 06:11 PM
End the fucking wars and you will end PTSD.

Agorism
10-05-2012, 06:12 PM
The most you can see is someone's back with some writing on it...

Henry Rogue
10-05-2012, 06:55 PM
I checked out the pictures in the link. Well that was disappointing. Sorry Ladies I got a bit of caveman in me.:D

awake
10-05-2012, 08:00 PM
PTSD is a fancy mental illness term for rotting conscience. If you have seen and participated in war you see it for what it is : hell. It burns the soul.

Carson
10-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Don't mock it!

Is there anything that couldn't cure‽

AFPVet
10-06-2012, 09:47 AM
PTSD is not only limited to wars, it is a response to trauma. For example, if you see photos of Janet Napolitano naked, you may find yourself suffering from PTSD.

low preference guy
10-06-2012, 09:56 AM
don't click on the links, you won't see any boobs.

JK/SEA
10-06-2012, 11:03 AM
don't click on the links, you won't see any boobs.

thanks...

i hate wasting my time.

opal
10-06-2012, 11:40 AM
*fumes*
sure.. lets raise awareness for the vets with ptsd from the Iraq and Afghanastan wars.. sonofabitchwhataboutthosethatcamebefore?!

There are plenty of disabled vets from earlier in the time line that are being discriminated against by the VA system now.. lets just have another instance shall we?

When my husband calls the VA.. the first bot question is did you serve after X date - which streamlines you in to a different system. The older vets (who's wives you REALLY don't want to see topless) are being pushed aside, told to wait their turn and treated like they're no longer relevant.

Sorry for the threadjack but every time I read about attention for a specific group of veterans.. I get a little ballistic