PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Ron Paul speaks positively of Gary Johnson and alternative options on Fox

ZakB
10-05-2012, 02:26 PM
In a Fox Business interview Wednesday, Rep. Ron Paul refused to say who he was planning on voting for but ruled out voting for Mitt Romney or President Obama, leaving only one plausible option.
"I obviously haven't announced in support for Romney, so that means that's very unlikely," Paul said. "And I don't think anybody think's I'm going to vote for Obama. So it's back to that frustration level in not seeing a dramatic choice in how the system works."
"Tonight there's a debate going on," Paul said. "And if you come to the conclusion that the candidates aren't all that different, why do we have to just listen to two of them?"
"There are other people who are technically capable of winning because they're on a lot of ballots," Paul said, to which his interviewer said "Like Gary Johnson, for example."
"Yeah," Paul said. But he wouldn't confirm that he was definitely voting for Johnson.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/ron-paul-suggests-hell-vote-for-gary-johnson

hrdman2luv
10-05-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/ron-paul-suggests-hell-vote-for-gary-johnson

This isn't even close to an endorsement. But it was nice of him to mention Gary Johnson.

For the life of me, I can't understand why RP doesn't endorse Johnson. There must be something that we aren't being told about Johnson. I wished I knew, before I go an vote for him. I mean, I know Johnson can't win(because of the system and the fact that RP supporters, the liberty movement and the TeaParty can't come together), so I know my vote won't be the cause of electing a bad president.

Which makes me proud to know that I'm not voting for Obamney.

sailingaway
10-05-2012, 03:14 PM
I saw the interview and the Fox guy said 'so you'll probably vote for Gary Johnson' and Ron got irritated and said 'I didn't say that.'

The video is in Ron Paul grassroots central if you want to watch it. He did speak about Gary and introduced that GJ should be let into the debates along with the greens on CNBC the same day, as well.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?391666-Fox-News-(w-video)-How-Will-Ron-Paul-and-His-Supporters-Vote-in-the-Presidential-Election

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?391690-Video-Ron-Paul-on-CNBC-gives-his-pre-debate-analysis

It actually sounds from his push back on vote FOR someone that he doesn't see someone he really is sold on. The 'yeah' about GJ had to do with looking at other options, not whom HE was going to vote for. But listen for yourself, you might read it differently.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
I doubt he'll publicly state who he'll vote for, even after the fact. I hope he doesn't vote for Johnson, Gary supports the continued legality of the murder of unborn children.

Dick Chaney
10-05-2012, 03:22 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't endorse Johnson then there's something we're not seeing... about Johnson. I'm fairly confident Dr. Paul would endorse Gary if he genuinely felt he was an honest & true liberty candidate.

ZakB
10-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Just to be clear my OP wasn't intended to mean that I think Ron Paul endorsed Gary Johnson (that's why I added the "[probably]" in the title , but the fact that he mentioned the whole notion of being on enough ballots to win, well that's Johnson and Jill Stein (unless he's counting 'official' write in candidates as being on the ballot.) and I can't imagine he'd vote for Jill Stein anymore than Obama. It seems to me that he might vote for GJ, but doesn't want to publicly endorse him for whatever reason. Anyway I just thought it was interesting.

Carehn
10-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Ron Paul strikes me as the type of guy that does not like to say who he is going to vote for and gets put off when people ask. I have come across a few people like this. Two or three any way that actually get a little angry when you ask and say that nun of your business.

Ron must just be one of those guys. No big deal in that.

misean
10-05-2012, 03:48 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't endorse Johnson then there's something we're not seeing... about Johnson. I'm fairly confident Dr. Paul would endorse Gary if he genuinely felt he was an honest & true liberty candidate.

What are you basing that on? I think it was very unlikely that he would endorse anyone given Rand's role in politics now. He initially endorsed a slate that included left wing lunatics in 2008 and finally settled on Chuck Baldwin. I'm not sure Chuck Baldwin is more of a liberty candidate than Gary Johnson.

Carehn
10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
I guess so many people just don't mind telling you it seem a little odd when someone does not want to. But it is a secret who people vote for so they have every right. It kinda like asking people about personal finances to some

Carehn
10-05-2012, 03:51 PM
What are you basing that on? I think it was very unlikely that he would endorse anyone given Rand's role in politics now. He initially endorsed a slate that included left wing lunatics in 2008 and finally settled on Chuck Baldwin. I'm not sure Chuck Baldwin is more of a liberty candidate than Gary Johnson.

The Libertarian party would not stop badgering him over an endorsement so he said fine and indorsed Chuck lol. But if people would leave him alone I think he would be just fine not endorsing anyone.

sailingaway
10-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Just to be clear my OP wasn't intended to mean that I think Ron Paul endorsed Gary Johnson (that's why I added the "[probably]" in the title , but the fact that he mentioned the whole notion of being on enough ballots to win, well that's Johnson and Jill Stein (unless he's counting 'official' write in candidates as being on the ballot.) and I can't imagine he'd vote for Jill Stein anymore than Obama. It seems to me that he might vote for GJ, but doesn't want to publicly endorse him for whatever reason. Anyway I just thought it was interesting.

that discussion was about being on the ballot not who he is voting for. That is a standard he proposed in 2008 for presidential debates, that all on enough ballots to theoretically win should be allowed in rather than by discretion of the ex chairs of the Dem and GOP parties. He was saying they should be in the debates and not enough choices are given the voters.

sailingaway
10-05-2012, 03:55 PM

He did not endorse a slate of CANDIDATES, he endorsed a platform and held a press event with candidates willing to sign onto that platform. He was giving those third parties willing to step up and sign on to his platform a high profile press opportunity and introduction to his supporters, not an endorsement. He endorsed Baldwin when Barr was an absolute asshole and pushed him off of his intended stance of neutrality. He said so, without using the term 'asshole'.

misean
10-05-2012, 04:06 PM
He did not endorse a slate of CANDIDATES, he endorsed a platform and held a press event with candidates willing to sign onto that platform. He was giving those third parties willing to step up and sign on to his platform a high profile press opportunity and introduction to his supporters, not an endorsement. He endorsed Baldwin when Barr was an absolute asshole and pushed him off of his intended stance of neutrality. He said so, without using the term 'asshole'.

I remember very well when it happened and the circumstances. He asked supporters to consider Ralph Nader and some other maniac along with Barr and Baldwin. That is what I meant by endorse a slate of candidates and that is how it was described at the time.

misean
10-05-2012, 04:13 PM
The Libertarian party would not stop badgering him over an endorsement so he said fine and indorsed Chuck lol. But if people would leave him alone I think he would be just fine not endorsing anyone.

Bob Barr refused to show up to the press conference because he didn't want to be associated with Chuck Baldwin. Paul got mad and endorsed Baldwin.

Carehn
10-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Bob Barr refused to show up to the press conference because he didn't want to be associated with Chuck Baldwin. Paul got mad and endorsed Baldwin.

I don't think thats how it happened. Barr did not show up because the libertarian party did not want to associate with the other partys. Then they would not leave paul alone about and endorsement and Paul finally broke and endorsed who he thought was best.... And it was not the libertarian candidate that time lol

torchbearer
10-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I don't think thats how it happened. Barr did not show up because the libertarian party did not want to associate with the other partys. Then they would not leave paul alone about and endorsement and Paul finally broke and endorsed who he thought was best.... And it was not the libertarian candidate that time lol

you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Barr was his own campaign, in fact, half the LP couldn't stand his ass.
of course, this is the internet, so keep throwing out bullshit you don't know about.

Carehn
10-05-2012, 04:27 PM
you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Barr was his own campaign, in fact, half the LP couldn't stand his ass.
of course, this is the internet, so keep throwing out bullshit you don't know about.

Wow... OK dude. I'm just typing what I remember.. Im a member of the LP and was at the time. But I had nothing against the conference. And I didn't vote for Barr. I don't know what I said to through you into a tirade. Maybe you should get some sleep or something.

torchbearer
10-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Wow... OK dude. I'm just typing what I remember.. Im a member of the LP and was at the time. But I had nothing against the conference. And I didn't vote for Barr. I don't know what I said to through you into a tirade. Maybe you should get some sleep or something.

it was underlined in the previous post.
i couldn't stand Barr, without his neocon fruitcake buddy Root, Ruwart would have won the convention.
Barr snubbed Ron, I kept Barr off louisiana's ballot.
the libertarian party didn't snub Ron.

Carehn
10-05-2012, 04:36 PM
i couldn't stand Barr, without his neocon fruitcake buddy Root, Ruwart would have won the convention.

ok.... I see what you mean. I did not say that just right. Collectivist typing on my part lol. But I do remember hearing something about how the Barr campaign or LP would not leave Paul alone about an endorsement and that's the only reason he endorsed chuck. Any way it does not much matter now. I don't see Paul endorsing anyone this time around.

torchbearer
10-05-2012, 04:45 PM
ok.... I see what you mean. I did not say that just right. Collectivist typing on my part lol. But I do remember hearing something about how the Barr campaign or LP would not leave Paul alone about an endorsement and that's the only reason he endorsed chuck. Any way it does not much matter now. I don't see Paul endorsing anyone this time around.

what happened, was Ron wanted to endorse all third party candidates. He called a press conference to anounce to everyone to vote 3rd party. Barr stands ron up and has his own press conference at the same time. apparently Barr wanted to be the superstar, and in the end- he was just a dick.
Barr was like Romney in the sense that i didn't know anyone in the LP that was excited about him.

torchbearer
10-05-2012, 04:49 PM
now contrast Barr, who stood Ron up- with Gary who is going out of his way to emulate Ron and associate with Ron.
Barr was just a dick. Gary is completely imperfect, but is trying. Getting a third party up in the percentages is one way to end the mental control the media has over the drones.

Carehn
10-05-2012, 04:58 PM
now contrast Barr, who stood Ron up- with Gary who is going out of his way to emulate Ron and associate with Ron.
Barr was just a dick. Gary is completely imperfect, but is trying. Getting a third party up in the percentages is one way to end the mental control the media has over the drones.
Yep Gary is not perfect but Ron is not either. Only this time around I will be voting Libertarian because I actually like Gary. Any one on this thread that says Gary would be bad in office is not being intellectually honest. Gary would not be perfect but he would be the best President this country has had in years and years and years.

Any way Gary more then likely has my vote unless he messes up really really bad between now and November. It would be fun to see Gary where out hundreds of veto stamps lol

Agorism
10-05-2012, 05:40 PM
DailyPaul is spinning that headline big time.

I like Gary Johnson, but not enough to try to make a headline out of everything for him.

http://usefulinfonation.com/p/paul.gif

LOL, bad to compare him to Barr though. What about to Chuck Baldwin?

Ruwart probably would have been good, but she needed to do a better job threading the needle on immigration somehow. I don't think you can just say you're for 100% open borders even if you are because people will misinterpret your intentions and even your rationale for it.

sailingaway
10-05-2012, 05:43 PM

funny, Barr showed up right after, handed out papers to those at Ron's event to stay to see why he hadn't gone, then said Ron should have endorsed him alone. I don't recall that Baldwin was mentioned other than another person Ron shouldn't have (according to Barr) endorsed.

Dick Chaney
10-05-2012, 06:09 PM

I'm not saying Johnson would make a bad candidate but he has some questionable flaws. And yeah I think Baldwin would make a much better liberty candidate.