View Full Version : AfterRonPaul.com

FTL_Ian
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Has anyone seen this?

http://afterronpaul.com/

:cool:

sevin
10-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Pretty cool, but it looks like it's just about the Free State Project. I was hoping it'd be more about articles and ideas on what we should be doing to keep fighting for our country.

http://www.tomwoods.com/afterpaul/

FTL_Ian
10-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Pretty cool, but it looks like it's just about the Free State Project. I was hoping it'd be more about articles and ideas on what we should be doing to keep fighting for our country.

http://www.tomwoods.com/afterpaul/

Why bother? Who wants to fight for the federal government. I say it's time to secede - there is no hope of changing the federal government, and why would anyone want to continue spending time and money trying? It's a huge waste. They do nothing worth saving.

Liberty-loving people are moving to NH, getting active, and having success getting elected, creating media, doing outreach, and civil disobedience. There is no other viable plan for liberty in our lifetime. If you know of one, I'd love to hear it. Meantime, we're here doing what it takes, and more are joining us every month.

I recommend seriously looking at the 101 reasons to move to NH at http://freestateproject.org/101Reasons

fr33
10-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Why bother? Who wants to fight for the federal government. I say it's time to secede - there is no hope of changing the federal government, and why would anyone want to continue spending time and money trying? It's a huge waste. They do nothing worth saving.

Liberty-loving people are moving to NH, getting active, and having success getting elected, creating media, doing outreach, and civil disobedience. There is no other viable plan for liberty in our lifetime. If you know of one, I'd love to hear it. Meantime, we're here doing what it takes, and more are joining us every month.

I recommend seriously looking at the 101 reasons to move to NH at http://freestateproject.org/101ReasonsWell you have some subjective opinions in your argument. There are reasons to bother with trying to change the system in other ways. It might be that the FSP will not accomplish enough to stop the feds. Remains to be seen of course.

You want me to abandon my property and family to move to NH where my profession is not an abundant job source. Can't do it. Not willing to take such a risk.

I support what the FSP is doing but I also think the shit is about to hit the fan with monetary/economic collapse. At this point in time even if the state as we know it dissolves, a new one that is worse would likely take it's place. Mainly because the majority of people would demand it. Not enough people are educated on what government really is all about. If that were to happen, then liberty lovers are corralling themselves into an easy execution situation in NH.

I do wish you would consider adding more options to your site because there are more options for liberty lovers. But of course it's your domain name so you can do whatever you want. Good domain buy btw.

I love Free Talk Live btw. Great show.

FTL_Ian
10-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Glad you like the show. Can you tell me what the other options are besides the Free State Project (http://freestateproject.org)? I would love to hear something even near as effective as the FSP.

If you want the populace to accept liberty, you'll need a large concentration of people in an area talking about liberty with that populace. We are creating that here.

I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do - that would be silly. I only want the people to move here who are looking to accomplish liberty in their lifetimes and want to join with other activists who are willing to do what it takes. If your career and family have priority, I understand.

Besides some far off future liberty wonderland like the Honduras "Free city" project and the other speculative venture of seasteading - what is actually happening that you think is actually an option? Is there a persuasive video for it you can point me to that could be added to that site? (It's not my site, by the way.)

S.Shorland
10-10-2012, 01:47 AM
After Ron Paul...... Judge Andrew Napolitano.I like Rand although he isn't Ron.I like Napolitano in his own right.I think he's pure if that makes sense.

FTL_Ian
10-10-2012, 09:54 AM
S.Shortland - that is not a plan to achieve liberty in our lifetime. That is just another man-savior for you to get behind in the hopes that he can change everything. If your idea of a plan is to try to elect someone to president in 2016, you are fooling yourself.

Sola_Fide
10-10-2012, 10:30 AM
S.Shortland - that is not a plan to achieve liberty in our lifetime. That is just another man-savior for you to get behind in the hopes that he can change everything. If your idea of a plan is to try to elect someone to president in 2016, you are fooling yourself.

Ian, I agree with you that the answer to our problem is not to elect a single man to office.

tremendoustie
10-10-2012, 10:48 AM

I completely agree.

I recommend seriously looking at the 101 reasons to move to NH at http://freestateproject.org/101Reasons

Yep. FSP FTW ;)

Keith and stuff
10-10-2012, 11:24 AM
The website seems to include 2 videos and nothing else.

The first video is interesting. The 2nd video is interesting. There doesn't seem to be anyway to take action, though. What are we supposed to DO after Ron Paul? That is something the website doesn't seem to address unless by DO you mean maybe move to New Hampshire at some point.

tremendoustie
10-10-2012, 11:51 AM

The first video is interesting. The 2nd video is interesting. There doesn't seem to be anyway to take action, though. What are we supposed to DO after Ron Paul? That is something the website doesn't seem to address unless by DO you mean maybe move to New Hampshire at some point.

Yeah, I'm not as enthusiastic about the website.

fr33
10-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Glad you like the show. Can you tell me what the other options are besides the Free State Project (http://freestateproject.org)? I would love to hear something even near as effective as the FSP.

If you want the populace to accept liberty, you'll need a large concentration of people in an area talking about liberty with that populace. We are creating that here.

I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do - that would be silly. I only want the people to move here who are looking to accomplish liberty in their lifetimes and want to join with other activists who are willing to do what it takes. If your career and family have priority, I understand.

Besides some far off future liberty wonderland like the Honduras "Free city" project and the other speculative venture of seasteading - what is actually happening that you think is actually an option? Is there a persuasive video for it you can point me to that could be added to that site? (It's not my site, by the way.)I just don't agree when you say trying to change things at a national level won't work. I hasn't worked yet. That's for sure. But Ron Paul's national campaign has awakened more people to the concept of liberty than anyone else in my lifetime. I think it is a worthy effort to continue with these types of campaigns and of course working locally as well.

It's dishonest to say that the only option "after Ron Paul" is to move to New Hampshire. For many it's not an option at all. Many people simply can't leave their property and family; and just up and move to New Hampshire.

Keith and stuff
10-10-2012, 12:22 PM
I just don't agree when you say trying to change things at a national level won't work. I hasn't worked yet. That's for sure. But Ron Paul's national campaign has awakened more people to the concept of liberty than anyone else in my lifetime. I think it is a worthy effort to continue with these types of campaigns and of course working locally as well.

It's dishonest to say that the only option "after Ron Paul" is to move to New Hampshire. For many it's not an option at all. Many people simply can't leave their property and family; and just up and move to New Hampshire.

The free the world by trying to free all US states at once project has been going on for 100s of years. The results have been disastrous. All of the states are much, much less free and the same is true for most of the world. The results this bad, it would be interesting to debate if trying to increase freedom using the methods and ways used for 100s of years is just completely ineffective or if it is actually decreasing freedom.

Doing what has been done for 100s of years is certainly a failure. However, in theory, it may someday work. There is no evidence to suggest that, though.

On the other hand, trying to bring about freedom to the world by concentrating the best of the best and others who want to come along in NH has been tried since 2003 or so. It has, without a doubt, shown signs that it may work. In fact, you could even argue that it is already working.

So on the 1 hand there is the path that has never worked, there is no evidence it might work and is arguably decreasing freedom. On the other hand there is a path which arguably is working and there is evidence it might work.

The vast majority of people in the US are able to move to New Hampshire. These people don't necessarily need to leave their property or family to move. All to most of their property could be taken to New Hampshire. All of most of their family could be taken to New Hampshire. There are also other options, like visiting family. Another common option is living in New Hampshire part-time. This type of lifestyle is common in the Northeast and especially Northern New England. In fact, I think the 3 Northern New England states are the 3 states with the highest percentage of 2nd homes.

No on is asking people to just up and move to New Hampshire. The 1st video says come here maybe. I recommend that people sign the Free State Project statement of intent (http://freestateproject.org/join) and then spend sometime planning their move to New Hampshire. When I signed up, I still had some loose ends to tie up. I ended up moving a few years after I signed up. Read the 101 Reasons to Move to New Hampshire (http://freestateproject.org/101Reasons). Take you time. Figure out what is right for you. Move to New Hampshire when it is right for you :)

jllundqu
10-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Freedom lost is never regained.... power only flows one way, from the individual to the tyrant. I would agree that this country is WAY too far gone down the wrong road to return to anything even close to resembling a constitutional republic. Our course as a nation is set, the people have failed our founders. Only revolution results in reversing that flow.

*** Disclaimer to DHS/DOJ: I, in no way, advocate for violent revolution resulting in more freedom and less government, nor do I have stockpiles of weapons and food for the aforementioned revolution.***

NoOneButPaul
10-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Can anyone from Kenne give me some info about it?

Out of all of the places i've looked into in NH I've liked it the best but what are the odds on finding employment? What are the taxes like there? What is the community like? Are Ron Paul People rampant or few and far between? What type of political organizations are there? What are the gun laws like in that particular city? Etc etc etc

The more info the better... it seems pretty awesome and I can definitely afford the rent compared to living in Chicago. My issue is I'm not sure i'm going to see Chicago money out there... regardless I don't need that much... just enough to live and I imagine i'll save a lot on the taxes alone...sales tax here is 12.5%.

FSP-Rebel
10-10-2012, 07:23 PM

From the dozen or so times I've been in Keene, it looks and feels like most of NH outside of the fact that it's about as left as you can get (regarding your question about political orgs). Property taxes are outrageous if you were ever to be a home owner and many of the upper echelon of the community seem to make money through the government, tho there are plenty of small biz owners. As far as other employment, seems like much of it is retail or chain restaurants/fast food and most of the city revolves around the college there and what that entails. Like the rest of NH, there's no sales tax but there is the prepared food tax of ~9%. I used to open carry whenever I was there and never had a problem, just the few deer in headlight looks from the lefties. It has the feel of a quaint New England small city and everyone seems nice.

There's a difference in what some would consider a Ron Paul person and the other pro-liberty people there. Free Keene (http://www.freekeene.com) is what the bulk of the liberty movement is in the area and after you dig around the site enough, you might be able to get an idea on what the public at large thinks about some of them. The OP is running for state rep as a libertarian and obviously doesn't share good will towards others outside of NH that are involved in restoring the GOP, which I forgive him for since he's NH-centric on virtually everything. I've supported FTL for quite a while, not because they jive with my mission to restore the GOP but because they're very good at what they do and they promote the FSP.

If you are used to Chi-town, you'd be suited a lot better near Manchester as there's plenty more opportunities plus it's a hotbed of where most FSPers settle initially. Anecdotally, two of the state rep wards in Manch both have FSPers running as the dem and rep in the general so it's a win either way. Plus, many other state rep wards around the Manch area are FSP represented whilst many others are locked up by the NHLA (http://www.nhliberty.org).

Keith and stuff
10-10-2012, 08:03 PM

I family I know just sold their nice condition 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage home for $115k. A decent condition 2 1/2 bedroom 1 bath, 1 car garage (that is for each of the 2 units) duplex goes for around $200k. Overall property tax bills are a little higher in Keene than most of the populated areas of southeastern NH. The property tax rates in those communities tend to be lower but the property values tend to be higher. The property tax bills in either Keene or the populated areas of southeastern NH are higher than the rural sections of southwestern NH and especially the rural, nonlake sections of central and northern NH.

Keene is a college town. Keene is the retail and workforce leader for the 80k or so people in the greater Keene region. This includes the Monadnock region in NH and the near-by communities in VT and MA. It is in a valley and there are forested hills in all directions. Just like in all of the towns within 20-30 miles of Mt. Monadnock, you can see Mt. Monadnock in parts of Keene. This is the most hiked mountain in the Western Hemisphere. Keene is 1 town away from the CT River. Like most of the NH communities near the CT river, Keene leans Democratic. The Democrats in Keene tend to be a little more open to ending the war on drugs than the average NH Democrat and much more open to creating a state sales or income tax than the average NH Democrat. Keene has a wonderful main street that is very walkable. In fact, the city as a whole is very walkable. See more on Keene from these 2 places.
150+ reasons to move to Keene http://freekeene.com/come-to-keene/reasons-to-move-to-keene/
http://www.keenenh.com/

Out of all of the places i've looked into in NH I've liked it the best but what are the odds on finding employment? What are the taxes like there? What is the community like? Are Ron Paul People rampant or few and far between? What type of political organizations are there? What are the gun laws like in that particular city? Etc etc etc

I answered some of that above. As for employment, only 25k or so of the 80k people in the greater Keene area live in Keene. Quite a few of the jobs in the area aren't in Keene. Brattleboro, VT is the 2nd largest employment town in the area. Since it is in VT, likely, VT income taxes will need to be paid. If you are willing to look for a job in the whole area, you should have no problem finding a job. However, people are paid noticeably more in southeastern NH; though, it is generally (though not always) more expensive to live in southeastern NH. The other issue is that since the population area is so low (only 80k), the job you find may not be a job you like. The greater Manchester area likely has 4 or more times as many jobs. The greater Nashua or Salem, NH areas, even more opportunities. Though, some of those opportunities are in MA.
I recommend the FSP jobs resource http://freestateproject.org/jobs

I generally recommend that people start out within 60 minutes of Manchester or Nashua. Take any job. Look for a good job and a good place to live. Once you find those, if you don't want to continue living near Manchester, move. It seems to be 1 of the easier paths. If you are single or have a lot of savings, you could do something similar by moving within 30 minutes of any decent sized job market in NH so (Lebanon, Keene, Rochester, Seabrook, Derry, Salem, Dover, Concord or even Laconia).

Keith and stuff
10-10-2012, 08:08 PM
There's a difference in what some would consider a Ron Paul person and the other pro-liberty people there. Free Keene (http://www.freekeene.com) is what the bulk of the liberty movement is in the area and after you dig around the site enough, you might be able to get an idea on what the public at large thinks about some of them. The OP is running for state rep as a libertarian and obviously doesn't share good will towards others outside of NH that are involved in restoring the GOP, which I forgive him for since he's NH-centric on virtually everything.

A couple points on this. There are some towns in NH that lean strongly GOP. There are other towns that are swing communities. I think all of the FSPers who have been elected as state rep were elected in 1 of these types of towns. Keene is a strong Democratic leaning town. If a FSPer was to be elected, it would have to be as a Democrat (IMO). That has been tried but it is very hard for a pro-liberty candidate to get through a Democratic primary in a strongly Democratic area. It happens in swing districts of NH, though.

Free Keene has hurt the image of liberty and freedom in Keene, IMO. I don't expect many political victories in Keene. On the other hand, they are happening in much of the state.

FTL_Ian is running for the NH House as a Libertarian as in the LP. I just wanted to make sure that was clear because you said libertarian, without capitalizing the l, which is confusing. To make matters even more confusing. He is also running for the same position for the unrecognized party known as the Liberty Party. Read his Liberty Party information. http://nh-liberty.info/candidates/ian-freeman-for-state-rep-2012/

FTL_Ian
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM

The top video clearly suggests moving to NH and points people at the FSP site to get 101 reasons. The bottom video specifically suggests moving to Keene, NH and also provides a link to over 150 reasons to do so. I am sorry you were so confused, Keith. I'll pass your suggestions to the site owner.

FTL_Ian
10-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I'm not as enthusiastic about the website.

The webmaster is very busy and I think he just wanted to get something online. Feel free to post some suggestions, or better yet offer to help!

mport1
10-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Has anyone seen this?

http://afterronpaul.com/

:cool:

Absolutely, people really need to consider the FSP. If you are doing political or outside the system activism, New Hampshire is the place to be. We need to stop wasting our efforts with national politics and concentrate where we can actually make a difference.

fr33
10-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Absolutely, people really need to consider the FSP. If you are doing political or outside the system activism, New Hampshire is the place to be. We need to stop wasting our efforts with national politics and concentrate where we can actually make a difference.Which has convinced more people that liberty is superior?

Ron Paul

or

Free State Project

Without Ron Paul's campaigns I bet the FSP would have less than half it's current number of signups. To say we should not try to repeat this campaign method is stupid.

mport1
10-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Which has convinced more people that liberty is superior?

Ron Paul

or

Free State Project

Without Ron Paul's campaigns I bet the FSP would have less than half it's current number of signups. To say we should not try to repeat this campaign method is stupid.

Ron Paul for sure. I still think promoting a good presidential candidate is worthwhile as one of the better methods of educating the public. However, that in itself isn't going to change anything an there isn't another Ron Paul waiting to take up the reigns.

fr33
10-11-2012, 12:08 AM
The free the world by trying to free all US states at once project has been going on for 100s of years. The results have been disastrous. All of the states are much, much less free and the same is true for most of the world. The results this bad, it would be interesting to debate if trying to increase freedom using the methods and ways used for 100s of years is just completely ineffective or if it is actually decreasing freedom.

Doing what has been done for 100s of years is certainly a failure. However, in theory, it may someday work. There is no evidence to suggest that, though.

On the other hand, trying to bring about freedom to the world by concentrating the best of the best and others who want to come along in NH has been tried since 2003 or so. It has, without a doubt, shown signs that it may work. In fact, you could even argue that it is already working.

So on the 1 hand there is the path that has never worked, there is no evidence it might work and is arguably decreasing freedom. On the other hand there is a path which arguably is working and there is evidence it might work.

The vast majority of people in the US are able to move to New Hampshire. These people don't necessarily need to leave their property or family to move. All to most of their property could be taken to New Hampshire. All of most of their family could be taken to New Hampshire. There are also other options, like visiting family. Another common option is living in New Hampshire part-time. This type of lifestyle is common in the Northeast and especially Northern New England. In fact, I think the 3 Northern New England states are the 3 states with the highest percentage of 2nd homes.

No on is asking people to just up and move to New Hampshire. The 1st video says come here maybe. I recommend that people sign the Free State Project statement of intent (http://freestateproject.org/join) and then spend sometime planning their move to New Hampshire. When I signed up, I still had some loose ends to tie up. I ended up moving a few years after I signed up. Read the 101 Reasons to Move to New Hampshire (http://freestateproject.org/101Reasons). Take you time. Figure out what is right for you. Move to New Hampshire when it is right for you :)I've never made the claim that a national liberty campaign will be successful.

The main barrier to a free society is an uneducated population. You can't be free because most of your neighbors are willing to point govt guns at you and keep you from it. I have not witnessed a more successful educational process for liberty like Ron Paul's presidential campaigns in my life. Heck, he even helped turn people into anarchists without really meaning to. Ron Paul was the only candidate promoting authors and their books.

I refuse to give up on this method of educating the public by getting the concept of liberty on the national stage. Even though we got screwed by the media, enough reason broke through to the gen pop to wake people up.

FTL_Ian
10-11-2012, 02:34 AM
NooneButPaul,

Here's what you should do to learn more about Keene. Check out the 150+ reasons to move at http://move.freekeene.com after you look at the 101 reasons to move to NH at http://freestateproject.org/101Reasons

Many of your questions are answered there.

If you still have questions after that, I recommend stopping by the Shire Society forums at http://forum.shiresociety.com where activists from across NH are present and are happy to help you with your questions!

FTL_Ian
10-11-2012, 02:37 AM
I've never made the claim that a national liberty campaign will be successful.

The main barrier to a free society is an uneducated population. You can't be free because most of your neighbors are willing to point govt guns at you and keep you from it. I have not witnessed a more successful educational process for liberty like Ron Paul's presidential campaigns in my life. Heck, he even helped turn people into anarchists without really meaning to. Ron Paul was the only candidate promoting authors and their books.

I refuse to give up on this method of educating the public by getting the concept of liberty on the national stage. Even though we got screwed by the media, enough reason broke through to the gen pop to wake people up.

So don't give up - no one is suggesting you stop doing what you feel is effective. I gave over $1500 to Ron Paul's campaign because I believe he brings people to liberty. However, if you want to see liberty in your lifetime, it makes sense to concentrate activism in one geographic region. Not only does it make sense - it's working already. You can do both national and local stuff, but it's ALL more effective in NH.

tremendoustie
10-11-2012, 09:43 AM
I'd recommend Nashua over Manch. Much nicer town imo, with much more retail, and closer to Boston if you get a hankering for a really big city.

The seacoast is also very nice.

There are lots of jobs in NH -- unemployment is among the lowest in the nation. Most of the jobs are in the southeast part of the state -- Nashua/Manch/Seacoast, and in-between.

tremendoustie
10-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Interesting chart:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/550379_10151220730121195_767286480_n.jpg

Keith and stuff
10-11-2012, 05:30 PM
The chart is interesting but can you please explain exactly what it means? I don't understand it.

tremendoustie
10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
The chart is interesting but can you please explain exactly what it means? I don't understand it.

I'm not the creator of the chart, but my understanding was that it's total donations to Ron Paul + Gary Johnson in 2008 and 2012 divided by total personal income in the state in thousands of dollars.

So, if state X, for example, had 1000 residents who made on average $5,000 in personal income, and donated a total of $10,000 to RP and GJ in 2008, and $20,000 in 2012, state X would have a (1000*$10,000)/(1000*$5,000)=2 rating for 2008 and a (1000*$20,000)/(1000*$5,000)=4 rating for 2012, and appear at coordinate position X=2, Y=4.

But, now that I say that, I realize it can't possibly be true, because the numbers here would have to be much, much smaller. If it were divided by personal income in millions of dollars, the numbers would be reasonable.

Keith and stuff
10-11-2012, 06:34 PM
The creator posted this to Facebook to explain the chart.

A figure of "3" in the above chart means that state residents spent 0.3% of their income on donations to Ron Paul and Gary Johnson.

tremendoustie
10-11-2012, 06:48 PM
The creator posted this to Facebook to explain the chart.

I think the stats he grabbed for personal income were in thousands of dollars, instead of dollars.

Ron Paul only pulled in what -- 20 million dollars or so? If that represented something like 0.1% of everyone's income (a 1 rating), that would mean total income for the entire country is only 20 billion dollars, for 300 million people -- less than $100 per person.

Really, RP's total donations are more like 0.0001% of everyone's income. Also, if you google "total personal income", most of the charts you get are in thousands (and not obviously labeled as such).

The chart is correct in terms of the states' relative position, but I think the creator missed a few decimal places.

J_White
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
i think there should be a website called "Ron Paul was Right" or something with all his videos which warned of things like more debt, more QEs, more blowback, and when talking to people about these issues, even after the elections, we can quote them that site. Once the elections are over, the RNC will give up their iron grip on people and we would have time to make some inroads. it would be easier without all the media and RNC attack mode during the election cycle.

fr33
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
i think there should be a website called "Ron Paul was Right" or something with all his videos which warned of things like more debt, more QEs, more blowback, and when talking to people about these issues, even after the elections, we can quote them that site. Once the elections are over, the RNC will give up their iron grip on people and we would have time to make some inroads. it would be easier without all the media and RNC attack mode during the election cycle.I just checked on godaddy for ronpaulwasright(dot)com and:

RonpaulWasRight.com
is a Premium Domain Name and
is available for $2,595.00*

KMX
10-12-2012, 09:48 PM
I like the website. Needs more pages, however a good start.

I will be in New Hampshire in the spring. Can't wait! ;0)

Dave Nalle
10-13-2012, 10:09 AM
A lot of us believe that the best strategy for the post-Paul era is to elect more people who share his belief in less government and more liberty to office on the state and national level and to organize to pass pro-liberty legislation and hold government and elected officials accountable. If we work together and focus on achievable goals we can change the Republican Party from within as precinct chairs and activists and by getting elected to positions of leadership. We've already made huge progress in this area and this is just the beginning.

Most of this effort is taking place through the Republican Liberty Caucus and its state and local chapters all over the country. You can find out more about the RLC, its pro-liberty principles, its activism initiatives and your local RLC organizations at http://www.rlc.org.

Dave

FTL_Ian
10-15-2012, 11:16 AM
A lot of us believe that the best strategy for the post-Paul era is to elect more people who share his belief in less government and more liberty to office on the state and national level and to organize to pass pro-liberty legislation and hold government and elected officials accountable. If we work together and focus on achievable goals we can change the Republican Party from within as precinct chairs and activists and by getting elected to positions of leadership. We've already made huge progress in this area and this is just the beginning.

Most of this effort is taking place through the Republican Liberty Caucus and its state and local chapters all over the country. You can find out more about the RLC, its pro-liberty principles, its activism initiatives and your local RLC organizations at http://www.rlc.org.

Dave

Dave, people have tried that for years. I think this election with the shenanigans the old guard in the Republican Party pulled to keep things status quo proved how futile of a strategy that is. However, that strategy WILL work if you concentrate activists in a geographic area, as we are doing in NH. In fact, that strategy IS working. It's actually working so well, that we're taking over the Republicans and Democrats to the point where this year in Manchester there are two state house elections where BOTH the Republican and Democrat candidate are Free State Project participants. Whoever wins, liberty wins. Is that happening anywhere else? (Nope!)

So, if you really want your plan to work, move to NH and get active. If you think that you can make it work in your state, by all means, keep trying - but when you finally get tired of banging your head against the good ol' boys' brick wall - you know where to find us: http://freestateproject.org

FTL_Ian
10-15-2012, 11:20 AM
By the way, there is a new video up on http://AfterRonPaul.com which is a brand new interview of Ron Paul (recorded 10/12/12) where he endorses the Free State Project: http://freekeene.com/2012/10/14/ron-paul-loves-the-free-state-project/

Ron says, among other nice things: “I love the idea of the Free State movement and hopefully they can set the example for others to follow.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYW7RXRB90

fr33
10-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Ian I heard yesterday's show and you cite this topic while totally misrepresenting what we've said. You claim that we're naive and that we think we're going to save the country but really what some of us have said in this topic is that we aren't willing to abandon our land, family, or businesses. My main criticism is that "after Ron Paul" includes many other options than just moving to NH. Because moving to NH is not an option at all for me.

fr33
10-25-2012, 01:33 AM
I understand how you want to promote your project but stop slandering people that are not willing to give up what they have worked hard for.

FTL_Ian
10-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Slander is to defame you personally. It's not slander to have the opinion that staying diluted is ineffective. Your activism movement is diluted if you are not in NH.

Concentrating activism is a winning strategy. Do you have an influx of new movers who love liberty coming to your area? Do you have more liberty-oriented people around than you could possibly know?

I'm sorry you can't make it. It sounds like you are suffering from experiencing "sunken costs". Good luck where you are. I'd be upset if I couldn't move to NH too, but I sold my home at a huge loss and moved my business to come to NH. I'm so glad I did.

Keith and stuff
10-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Ian I heard yesterday's show and you cite this topic while totally misrepresenting what we've said. You claim that we're naive and that we think we're going to save the country but really what some of us have said in this topic is that we aren't willing to abandon our land, family, or businesses. My main criticism is that "after Ron Paul" includes many other options than just moving to NH. Because moving to NH is not an option at all for me.

Maybe it is just a miscommunication. I didn't listen to that episode of FTL but likely both Ian and you mean well.

Why is moving to New Hampshire not even an option? Either way, you can still do a lot of good from TX. You can donate to NH candidates. If you don't have a strong TX accident, you can do phone from phone for NH candidates. You can promote the FSP online. You can attend events in TX and promote the FSP there. For example, folks promoted the FSP at the Students for Liberty Dallas Regional Conference the last 2 years.

fr33
10-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Why is moving to New Hampshire not even an option? Either way, you can still do a lot of good from TX. You can donate to NH candidates. If you don't have a strong TX accident, you can do phone from phone for NH candidates. You can promote the FSP online. You can attend events in TX and promote the FSP there. For example, folks promoted the FSP at the Students for Liberty Dallas Regional Conference the last 2 years.It's not an option because I own farmland that can't be replicated in NH. Plus our family members live nearby and are somewhat dependent on us. Nobody can justify my options being limited to abandoning such things that I worked so hard for; 7 days a week. I do promote FSP. I hope to attend PorcFest one of these years during our yearly vacation.

Keith and stuff
10-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Besides some far off future liberty wonderland like the Honduras "Free city" project and the other speculative venture of seasteading - what is actually happening that you think is actually an option? Is there a persuasive video for it you can point me to that could be added to that site? (It's not my site, by the way.)

The chartered cities in Honduras were declared unconstitutional by the Honduran Supreme Court so that project was pushed back or may not even happen now. Honduras is the most dangerous part of North America anyway, so it isn't like move there is even a remotely smart idea. 1 of the things I like about NH is that it has the lowest crime in the US. VT and ME have similarly low crime. Northern New England, in addition to being the safest part of the US, has the least restrictive self defense laws in the US. Oh, and it is the part of the country Ron Paul did best in. Yeah, I like it here :)

I hear there is a cool Ron Paul supporter with some land in Texas. Maybe some folks from NH could vacation there sometime in the winter :)

FTL_Ian
11-07-2012, 02:59 AM
The Free State Project - More political success in just serveral years than the Libertarian Party can still dream of after 40 years of failure.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.334.334/p403x403/486195_10151210567247973_1499907013_n.jpg

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-07-2012, 03:08 AM
The Free State Project - More political success in just serveral years than the Libertarian Party can still dream of after 40 years of failure.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.334.334/p403x403/486195_10151210567247973_1499907013_n.jpg

Congrats on getting ~10% if I am not mistaken. :p

FTL_Ian
11-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks! Actually it's 10% of votes cast in the race, but just over 20% of voters in that race chose me.

Here are the wins: http://freekeene.com/2012/11/06/live-nh-election-results-blogging/

Keith and stuff
11-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks! Actually it's 10% of votes cast in the race, but just over 20% of voters in that race chose me.

Here are the wins: http://freekeene.com/2012/11/06/live-nh-election-results-blogging/

That is a tiny amount of the wins. The wins will be report on the List within the next 36 hours. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?385401-Huge-list-of-New-Hampshire-2012-pro-liberty-candidates-and-recommendations

LibertyRevolution
11-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Am I the only one who things putting all the liberty people in one place in NH is not the smartest plan?
Something about not having all your eggs in the same basket in case a drone accidentally levels Manchester..

My other issue with NH is the cost of living..
Property taxes in NH are WAY TO HIGH. $5,000+ a year on a 200K house in the Manchester area, I looked into moving there..
That is $420+ a month in taxes.. That is more than my car payment, it is more than half my mortgage payment..

Keith and stuff
11-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Am I the only one who things putting all the liberty people in one place in NH is not the smartest plan?
Something about not having all your eggs in the same basket in case a drone accidentally levels Manchester..

I don't think anyone has suggested every putting 1/10 of the liberty people in NH. We are looking for 20,000 liberty activists. Well, if you think there are only 20,000 liberty activists in the world, than I guess I am wrong. I think it is a good idea. My rent is under $300 a month (and that includes the property taxes my landlord pays the city I live in). I live downtown and love the city I live in.

FTL_Ian
11-07-2012, 07:30 PM

My other issue with NH is the cost of living..
Property taxes in NH are WAY TO HIGH. $5,000+ a year on a 200K house in the Manchester area, I looked into moving there..
That is $420+ a month in taxes.. That is more than my car payment, it is more than half my mortgage payment..

If you don't concentrate activism, you will continue to get what you've always gotten - failure. We're winning in NH and we'll win more with more help.

Taxes here overall are lower than the rest of the country, is that right, Keith? Besides, the idea is to come here and roll back the state and taxes - we could use your help!