PDA

View Full Version : 47 Schoolchildren Pepper-Sprayed in LA when two girls started to fight

sailingaway
10-04-2012, 08:29 PM
At least 47 Los Angeles high school students were pepper-sprayed by police on Thursday following a fight between two girls.

“They just started fighting,” ninth-grader Damond Williams told the Pasadena Star-News while he was sitting in the back of an ambulance. The incident took place at Narbonne High School in Harbor City.

“I walked past and I got sprayed. My eyes hurt. My nose got irritated and my throat is congested,” he added. One student said that “the school cop just came and pepper-sprayed everyone.”

Another witness said, “The lady just said, ‘Disperse.’ She didn’t give nobody no time to leave, she just started spraying (sic). She was going crazy with the spray,” according to NBC Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles Fire Department confirmed that 47 patients were examined on campus, according to the station. One 16-year-old student was admitted to the hospital with “lingering respiratory irritation,” the Department said.

Students said the officer sprayed the students to quell the melee that was escalating between the students, the Star-News reported.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/united-states/47-schoolchildren-pepper-sprayed-in-la-300224.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Gee, I remember fights just had circles of kids around them (or people avoiding them), no pepper spray. Those were the days, huh?

Anti Federalist
10-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Circular Force Continuum.

http://neurobonkers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/pepper-spray-cop.jpg

Indy Vidual
10-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Didn't you all go to pubic skool?
Pepper is a vegetable, so is ketchup.

ShaneEnochs
10-04-2012, 10:54 PM
This happened when I was in school. There was a deputy that taught one class of "Criminal Justice" a day. I guess it was some kind of outreach program. I don't know. It was an easy credit. We watched The Price Is Right every day.

Anyway, one day this girl just flipped her shit in the hallway. She was tearing crap off the walls and punching lockers and screaming. Just going wild, right? Anyway, he tried to detain her, but she was a shifty little thing. He threatened to use pepper spray, and then he did. He might have hit her for a quarter of a second before she whacked his arm and he sprayed about five of us right across the face.

Let me tell you, that shit burns.

Nothing was done about it, of course.

sailingaway
10-04-2012, 10:55 PM
This happened when I was in school. There was a deputy that taught one class of "Criminal Justice" a day. I guess it was some kind of outreach program. I don't know. It was an easy credit. We watched The Price Is Right every day.

Anyway, one day this girl just flipped her shit in the hallway. She was tearing crap off the walls and punching lockers and screaming. Just going wild, right? Anyway, he tried to detain her, but she was a shifty little thing. He threatened to use pepper spray, and then he did. He might have hit her for a quarter of a second before she whacked his arm and he sprayed about five of us right across the face.

Let me tell you, that shit burns.

Nothing was done about it, of course.

that is absolutely bad enough, but 47 seems, um, avoidable.

ShaneEnochs
10-04-2012, 11:00 PM
that is absolutely bad enough, but 47 seems, um, avoidable.

47 kids is a shit load of people. I'd bet that at least half of them may have gotten a drop on their skin or something, and wanted to ditch school. I'm not saying that makes it any more okay, I'm just saying that I really doubt 47 kids got full-on pepper sprayed.

opal
10-04-2012, 11:00 PM
We never had a school cop when I was growing up.. school nurse sure and our *enforcer* was PROF - a really obnoxious shop teacher. Any of his students got out of line.. he'd take em out in the woods behind the parking lot and whip the crap out of them - sometimes he got the shit kicked out of him too. He had the metal/wood and auto shops under his thumb - brut force was kind of his language.
school cop.. geeze