PDA

View Full Version : General Pat Buchanan: Romney had Best debate performance in 52 years

DeMintConservative
10-04-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/romney-best-debate-performance-in-52-years/

Mitt Romney on Wednesday night turned in the finest debate performance of any candidate of either party in the 52 years since Richard Nixon faced John F. Kennedy, with the possible exception of Ronald Reagan’s demolition of Jimmy Carter in 1980.

But where Reagan won with style and quips – “There you go again” – and his closing line, “Are you better off now than you were four years ago?” Romney crushed Obama on both substance and style.

Mitt was like a contender so keyed up by his title shot that, between rounds, he could not sit on his stool, but stood in his corner to rush out and re-engage the champ the instant the bell sounded for the next round.

Obama was mauled, with facts, figures, anecdotes, arguments, jokes, quips. A smiling Romney was on offense all night. And the president’s performance seems inexplicable.

With the split screen showing his response to Romney’s swarm attacks, he appeared diffident, sullen, pouting, flustered, petulant.

Obama made no serious blunder. Yet, on the split screen, as Romney lectured him with a stern smile, Obama seemed a chastened schoolboy, head down, being instructed by a professor that if he did not get his grades up he would not be back next semester.

The verdict on the Denver encounter – that Romney turned in the performance of his life and one of the most impressive in the history of presidential debates, and that the president underperformed, was outclassed and lost badly – was virtually unanimous.

(...)

Read more (including Uncle Pat's views on the state of the race and how it might evolve) here: http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/romney-best-debate-performance-in-52-years/

I can't say about the 52 years but it was the most lopsided debate victory I've ever seen.

I agree with his conclusion:

Given his performance, one of the worst in debate history, Obama cannot afford to lose a second or third debate like that. This crushing defeat has to be shown to be, and to be seen as, an aberration.

Otherwise, the country may conclude that no matter how much it likes him, Obama as a leader is burned out, a mechanic who has tried every tool in the toolbox but cannot get the machinery running again.

The first debate made the race a toss-up again. The second could decide it.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Pat if you took your blinders off you'd realize Romney is Obama!

LibertyEagle
10-04-2012, 08:10 PM

He is no fan of Romney. That doesn't change the fact that Romney outdid Obama on rhetoric last night.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Pat loves debates. He's a former speechwriter for Nixon and Reagan. Expected him to chime in.

Cowlesy
10-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Pat loves debates. He's a former speechwriter for Nixon and Reagan. Expected him to chime in.

How amazing would it have been to have PJB up against Clinton in a debate. Pat would have steamrolled him.

RickyJ
10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
This is utter BS. Clinton was very good debater, sucked as a president, but a very good debater, much better than Romney. Reagan was better than Clinton, he knew how to talk straight to the American people bypassing the media filter which he did so very well. Romney wasn't that good really, he only looked sort of good because Obama looked so bad.

Bastiat's The Law
10-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Pat is getting hard to listen to.

trey4sports
10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
look i can't stand Mitt, but he absolutely crushed Obama. I mean MSNBC wasn't even trying to spin it. When the first words you hear on MSNBC after the debate is "I personally don't know who won the debate." You know who won the debate.

jmdrake
10-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I watched some highlights (lowlifes?). Of course Romney's going to sound better on domestic policy. He's trying to get people like us to vote for him. And of course Obama's going to sound better on foreign policy. And they both ultimately suck. So Romney is going to cut spending while increasing military spending? Yeah. Like even if that were possible that would fly. Once this all went through the sausage grinder the deficit would balloon under Romney just like it did under Reagan. Thinking about either of these clowns in the Whitehouse is depressing. My only joy this November will be knowing that either the insufferable Obamabots or the insufferable RoboRomneys will be sad after it's all over. I know, I know, it's better for the liberty movement if a liberty candidate doesn't have to face a republican incumbent in 2016. But if I hear Obamabots cheering "4 more years" on election night, I'm going to hurl. And if I hear RoboRomneys cheering their plastic man on I'm going to hurl. In fact, I think I'll just go to bed early on election night. I don't drink, but this election could drive me to it.

Cowlesy
10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I watched some highlights (lowlifes?). Of course Romney's going to sound better on domestic policy. He's trying to get people like us to vote for him. And of course Obama's going to sound better on foreign policy. And the both ultimately suck. So Romney is going to cut spending while increasing military spending? Yeah. Like even if that were possible that would fly. Once this all went through the sausage grinder the deficit would balloon under Romney just like it did under Reagan. Thinking about either of these clowns in the Whitehouse is depressing. My only joy this November will be knowing that either the insufferable Obamabots or the insufferable RoboRomneys will be sad after it's all over. I know, I know, it's better for the liberty movement if a liberty candidate doesn't have to face a republican incumbent in 2016. But if Obamabots cheering "4 more years" on election night, I'm going to hurl. And if I here RoboRomneys cheering their plastic man on I'm going to hurl. In fact, I think I'll just go to bed early on election night. I don't drink, but this election could drive me to it.

jmdrake, how close are you to the chance Dean Wormer says he's going to vote for Romney or Obama?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

Origanalist
10-04-2012, 10:56 PM
I watched some highlights (lowlifes?). Of course Romney's going to sound better on domestic policy. He's trying to get people like us to vote for him. And of course Obama's going to sound better on foreign policy. And the both ultimately suck. So Romney is going to cut spending while increasing military spending? Yeah. Like even if that were possible that would fly. Once this all went through the sausage grinder the deficit would balloon under Romney just like it did under Reagan. Thinking about either of these clowns in the Whitehouse is depressing. My only joy this November will be knowing that either the insufferable Obamabots or the insufferable RoboRomneys will be sad after it's all over. I know, I know, it's better for the liberty movement if a liberty candidate doesn't have to face a republican incumbent in 2016. But if Obamabots cheering "4 more years" on election night, I'm going to hurl. And if I here RoboRomneys cheering their plastic man on I'm going to hurl. In fact, I think I'll just go to bed early on election night. I don't drink, but this election could drive me to it.

Yep, crap in one hand and piss in the other. Either way stinks to high heaven.

tuggy24g
10-05-2012, 02:28 AM

I made a sign and put it out saying Romney = Obama. LOL

surf
10-05-2012, 07:18 PM
the Obama camp should invite Johnson with the belief that he will draw votes from Mittens.... - they may be that dumb.

BlackTerrel
10-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Of course Pat would say that... this guy is so transparent.

Aratus
10-06-2012, 07:08 AM
romney = nixon = reagan? he's dodging being lumped in with jerry ford.