PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blimp

Jordan
11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm certainly not trying to derail the thread about purchasing a Ron Paul blimp, but I'd like to show you something that would be A) a hell of a lot cheaper and B) give us huge exposure:

I found a 30' Remote controlled, 2 side painted blimp for $3400 at http://www.advertisingballoons.com/remote-control-blimps.htm

We could paint both sides with any RP message. We could also add a banner system, so that the blimps can be reused later.

For $3400, and the cost of helium, we could fly an RP blimp all over a major city and highways anytime wind speed is less than 12mph. These blimps would bring serious viewership and are very cheap per impression. 500,000 people could see our blimp each and everyday for less than $4000. The operating cost is extremely low and will be very viral. Imagine the news coverage when there are 5 RP blimps flying around NYC.

I'm just proposing this as an alternative to the expensive $250,000 a month full scale blimps. I think 80 of these 30' blimps hovering over high traffic areas would be a much better promotion. Further, the benefit of actually owning as opposed to renting is huge!

kutibah
11-19-2007, 07:43 PM
That's actually a really good idea. But someone needs to check the legality of how high it can be flown, because I'm sure there's a hight restriction of how low it can go.

born2drv
11-19-2007, 07:45 PM
30' might look big on the ground, but up in the air it probably looks like the size of a car, maybe less? i could be wrong....

kutibah
11-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Well it depends how high you put it. Here's the same sized blimp up in the air:

http://www.advertisingballoons.com/images/remoteoutdoor20ft-inair.jpg

P.S. If you do this, you better hope you're good at driving one of those remotely haha

Mark Rushmore
11-19-2007, 07:58 PM
I love the idea but unfortunately I don't think the site is kidding when they "don't recommend" flying them outdoors. If a breeze picks up your blimp is gonna go AWOL, the electric motor isn't going to cut it with that surface area and any sort of sustained wind.

Now, tethered to your home - that's where I plan to put mine if I can scrounge up the cash ;).

Elijah
11-19-2007, 08:09 PM
If you scroll to the bottom of the page they have the Outdoor 30 footer there. I love this idea too!! We need to find out what the legal limits are? Imagine having one in every town across America!!!!
I am still for the 135 foot VIRAL PR MACHINE blimp and if anyone out there has a quarter million to donate for the BIG VIRAL ONE then please do it tomorrow!!
How much is a bloody billboard for a month? This one is portable!! It is a portable billboard.

We need chip ins for 100's/1,000's of these across the nation and theywill become a huge Viral PR machine as well!

I like the Google Ron Paul blimps the most! Everyone knows who google is!! Well not everyone but majority!! We will keep picking up more supporters and more money!!

cmc
11-19-2007, 08:16 PM
I think 80 of these 30' blimps hovering over high traffic areas would be a much better promotion.
HAHAHAHAAHAHA!!! :D :D

I can see it now, "Zeppelin Attack: Ron Paul supporters hover ominously over traffic with 80 helium airships!"

Definitely creative.

cmc
11-19-2007, 08:18 PM
As for the full-sized blimp idea, just imagine if RP made that his primary mode of transportation.

EDIT: just kidding :D

Man from La Mancha
11-19-2007, 09:59 PM
As for the full-sized blimp idea, just imagine if RP made that his primary mode of transportation.Way to slow, I've seen these small ones and they aren't that visible and are hard to read unless very close. The big blimp idea is way to costly. $300,000 = $200/hr(max) plane banner towing or schooling lights =1500 hrs of advertisement plus can be run simultaneously nation wide. PLus can be funded much faster when their neded.
Video without sound is useless.IMO

kutibah
11-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure a 30 FT "RON PAUL" blimp would be pretty readable on a freeway. I mean 30 ft is pretty big. What makes it any different than hanging a sign from a bridge (other than it will attract more attention).

Primbs
11-20-2007, 02:56 AM
For Volunteers looking for a Ron Paul rally, a blimp can come in handy.

Elijah
11-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Lets do both!! Can u imagine there being mini blimps scattered around america! And a few huge motherships in the primary cities!

vendetta
11-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Lets do both!! Can u imagine there being mini blimps scattered around america! And a few huge motherships in the primary cities!

someone's watching too much sci-fi's **motherships** :)

J/K ;)

freedominnumbers
11-21-2007, 08:31 PM
LOL I had a vision of the huge blimp hovering over the superbowl when all of a sudden 80 30ft blimps come out of it and descend on the crowds.

kutibah
11-21-2007, 08:47 PM
LOL I had a vision of the huge blimp hovering over the superbowl when all of a sudden 80 30ft blimps come out of it and descend on the crowds.

hahaha. That sounds awesome! Let's do it!

JuniorNJ
11-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Headline next day: "Ron Paul Bots Strike Again: Attack Super Bowl. President Bush declares National Emergency"

Mithridates
11-21-2007, 08:50 PM
A quick search turns up this site that talks about 30-50 foot blimps:

http://www.allbusiness.com/management/3592895-1.html

There's another company called JPAerospace that is working on a new method of getting to space without using rockets, and they've been testing it for the past few years by sending balloons to the edge of space. They have advertising there too and though it certainly isn't visible from down here there might be some value in having Ron Paul's name be the closest one to the edge of space:

http://jpaerospace.com/100spacead.html

Prices for that max out at $1400 so relatively it's not that expensive.

ronpaulfollower999
11-21-2007, 08:52 PM

That would scare the crap out of me if I saw something like that. :D

cien750hp
11-21-2007, 09:10 PM
here is a site where you can get an advertising blimp up to 60ft
http://www.bonanzaballoons.com/generic5.html

edit: these aren't motorized or remote controlled, just a giant balloon, but it would be pretty big and probably not too expensive

tangent4ronpaul
11-21-2007, 09:27 PM
That's actually a really good idea. But someone needs to check the legality of how high it can be flown, because I'm sure there's a hight restriction of how low it can go.

150' tethered. cannot be flown next to major highways or power lines. if there is low cloud cover it has to be so many feet under the clouds 20, or 50 something like that.

-n

cien750hp
11-21-2007, 09:28 PM
and here is even more blimps, tethered up to 130 ft:
http://www.aerostar.com/helium/aerostat.htm

remote control up to 23 ft:
http://www.aerostar.com/Remote.htm

even we could get a ron paul parade balloon:
http://www.aerostar.com/Parade.htm

Elijah
11-21-2007, 09:32 PM
There is gonna be some blimpin' going on real soon!!

Drknows
11-21-2007, 10:00 PM
HAHAHAHAAHAHA!!! :D :D

I can see it now, "Zeppelin Attack: Ron Paul supporters hover ominously over traffic with 80 helium airships!"

Definitely creative.

Haha this thread is hilarious.

Drknows
11-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Bumping because this is the greatest thread ever conceived in the history of mankind.

jrich4rpaul
11-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Personally I think it'd be dangerous to unleash a giant blimp over major cities manned by people using remote controls on the ground lol

For the added safety, the real blimp is worth the money.

Primbs
11-22-2007, 02:55 PM
These will be the best signs ever.

Jaykzo
11-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Haha this thread is hilarious.

QFT

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 07:35 PM
[Admin note = off topic post removed ]

Randy Aronov
12-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I thought the "blimp fund" pledges was over 400k. Why have they only collected 217K. Did people not donate what they pledged?

alexpasch
12-07-2007, 10:23 PM
I thought the "blimp fund" pledges was over 400k. Why have they only collected 217K. Did people not donate what they pledged?

There were evil-doers that pledged money they didn't have in an attempt to thwart the project. They're being waterboarded right now though, so it's all good. ;)