PDA

View Full Version : The Left is Spinning Like a Top

sailingaway
10-04-2012, 02:00 PM
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/10/the-left-is-spinning-like-top.html

Anti-Neocon
10-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Can't say I disagree with anything in that whole article. Nice!

AlexAmore
10-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Seems like all these media puppets are surprised yet....

How in the world does Rand Paul at the beginning of Stewart's interview pre-emptively say "I can look into the future and say Romney won, overwhelmingly. He was a juggernaut" ...he then says again "I can tell the future, but..."

I know he endorsed him but what a thing to come out and say on The Daily Show. It was like he was showing off that he knew what was going down. Perhaps it was all just a joke.

Btw I'm a huge Rand fan, so I'm not doubting him in a bad way. I'm just baffled.

VBRonPaulFan
10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Don't worry folks, all part of the show!

You didn't think we'd let Obama completely smash any possible chance of Romney even putting up close to a good fight - did you? That doesn't make for good TV, high ratings, or nearly enough decisiveness! No, no, that wouldn't do! We'll let Romney have one more good debate before we tell him to stupid up again so Obama can take home the gold! Greatest show in the world folks!

/PT Barnum voice

Panem et circenses seems to apply nicely here.

LadyBastiat
10-04-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/10/the-left-is-spinning-like-top.html

I'm now indebted to my employer the cost of one Mtn. Dew drenched monitor because of the following comment to the article:

"So according to Al Gore we should be very concerned should Obama negotiate any deals with any leaders in the capital cities of La Paz, Bolivia (11,942 ft); Quito, Ecuador (9,350 ft); Bogota, Columbia (8,612 ft); Mexico City, Mexico (7,350 ft) and Nairobi, Kenya (5,889 ft)."

:D

July
10-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Seems like all these media puppets are surprised yet....

How in the world does Rand Paul at the beginning of Stewart's interview pre-emptively say "I can look into the future and say Romney won, overwhelmingly. He was a juggernaut" ...he then says again "I can tell the future, but..."

I know he endorsed him but what a thing to come out and say on The Daily Show. It was like he was showing off that he knew what was going down. Perhaps it was all just a joke.

Btw I'm a huge Rand fan, so I'm not doubting him in a bad way. I'm just baffled.

I think it was a joke, lol...

But you know, it is the media who decides who "wins" these debates anyway.
Not that Romney didn't really win the debate, objectively, but the media spin could have gone a different way.

I wonder if Rand's other prediction will come true, that Romney will actually win...

TheTexan
10-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I didn't watch the debate, but the conspiracy theorist in me makes me think that Obama's epic debate loss was manufactured to give Romney the illusion of a chance

EBounding
10-04-2012, 05:40 PM
I think Obama performed the way he did on purpose just to size up Romney, but it was a tactical blunder. Whatev's

puppetmaster
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Facts are that a good debater is just that, a good debater. Nothing more or nothing less. It is the substance of the debate that shows the true colors. In this case it is the lack of substance that show each candidates true colors. Not a word about the Fed destroying our country from either Goldman Saks sponsored candidate.

Feeding the Abscess
10-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I didn't watch the debate, but the conspiracy theorist in me makes me think that Obama's epic debate loss was manufactured to give Romney the illusion of a chance

Nah, Bush was pretty solid in 2000 in the debates, but was god awful in his first 2004 debate. The sitting president hasn't debated in years, and he's surrounded by yes men - every one - and that's why the incumbent always sucks his first time back. Romney went through like 25 debates in the last year.

Obama never really did spectacularly in debates anyway, but he'll be better next time.

liberty2897
10-04-2012, 06:37 PM

I didn't watch it either, but sounds like Obama went down on the first date debate.

I had people asking me if I watched today at work.. people asking me if I wanted to watch last night... I avoided it all. All except for reading RPF discussions about it. The whole election system seems so contrived.

Lindsey
10-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I loved this line from the article:

The American public is not interested in facts.

If they were, Ron Paul would've been up there as one of the two candidates.