PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman sues NBC for racial accusation?

AME3
10-04-2012, 12:55 PM
What damages exactly did Zimmerman suffer as a result of this atrocity? Isn't that the issue here in regards to a civil suit. This dispicable action by NBC possibly caused an escalation of the racial tension, but I wonder how hard it would be to win anything for Zimmerman. I personally would love seeing NBC shut down but don't think it's gonna happen.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/04/trayvon-martin-shooter-considers-defamation-lawsuit-against-nbc/

LibertyEagle
10-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Good. He should sue the crap out of all of them.

acptulsa
10-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Guess they got in such a rut reporting on Ron Paul, us, and the 'tea party' that they forgot that the first amendment doesn't give them carte blanche to fabricate non-political news stories.

Good. Sue the bastards so hard you wind up owning GE's locomotive division, Zimmerman. More power to ya.

Dr.3D
10-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Wow, isn't his trial done yet? A speedy trial is his right, did he decline to have one?

AME3
10-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I bet his council advised him to delay it as long as possible because of the escalating racial tension and outside pressures to crucify him.
Wow, isn't his trial done yet? A speedy trial is his right, did he decline to have one?

better-dead-than-fed
10-04-2012, 01:27 PM

What incentive do they have to give him a speedy trial? They can hold people indefinitely, and few will lift a finger to deter them, when it comes down to it.

The whole thing about "rights" is, their promise tricks people into laying down when the police close in. That's all they're good for.

VBRonPaulFan
10-04-2012, 02:49 PM
What damages exactly did Zimmerman suffer as a result of this atrocity?

defamation of character and serious emotional hardship due to death threats, probably just to start. i'm sure for a while there he was probably scared to go outside for fear of getting shot.

AME3
10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
If Zimmerman had been tried, there is little doubt that there would have been many deaths (ref Rodney King riots), or Zimmerman would have been crucified and probably executed in prison (ref Jeffrey Dahmer). Why would he opt for either of those options....
Much better strategy to delay it until things calmed down and the blood has disipitated in the water IMHO.

The Free Hornet
10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Maybe this guy will be next:

When Zimmerman takes the stand in his second-degree murder trial next year, he will tell his story of a life-and-death struggle once more. How he was cold-cocked by Trayvon. How his head was repeatedly slammed into the sidewalk. How he stopped Trayvon from using his gun on him. This time Zimmerman will tell his version of events under oath before a jury. And upon cross-examination, he will have to explain why and how there’s precious little DNA evidence to back it all up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/george-zimmermans-dna-problem/2012/09/30/40605a58-0a46-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html

I don't know much about DNA evidence, but the assumption seems to be that if MrX attacks MrY, then MrX's DNA must be all over MrY's hoodie. Plus there are other assumptions like if MrY grab's MrX's gun, then MrY's DNA should tranfer to the gun and be easily detected with our technology.

It is unsurprising that DNA could be on everything we touch, but I would question both the persistance of it and our ability to detect it. Then there is whatever extreme degree of handling caution might be required. What if Zimmerman consciously or unconsciously rubbed his gun after firing it??

Did they test the Skittles and Ice Tea for Trevor's DNA?

The DNA findings could play a role in the trial, allowing the prosecution to argue against self-defense since it now seems that Martin never touched the weapon. The defense could counter that Zimmerman shot before Martin could get to the gun.

Zimmerman was not arrested the night of the shooting. After weeks of protests about that fact, a special prosecutor charged Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, with second-degree murder.

Among other material released Wednesday was an interview with a clerk of the convenience store where Martin had gone to buy a package of Skittles and a can of iced tea. Martin was returning from the store when the confrontation with Zimmerman took place. The unidentified clerk told authorities he had no recollection of serving Martin.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-zimmerman-prosecution-dna-evidence-20120919,0,120380.story

AME3
10-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Defamation of character and emotional distress...a very difficult one to get much for unfortunately...NBC has terminated some employees (probable fall guys) which was IMO an admission of wrong doing...Zimmerman is probably looking at a significant civil suit which is probably not going to be in his favor not to mention a nasty criminal trial, which if justice is served is going to find him not guilty of murder. Not to rehash old discussions, but just to remind whomever of where this mess is at.
defamation of character and serious emotional hardship due to death threats, probably just to start. i'm sure for a while there he was probably scared to go outside for fear of getting shot.