PDA

View Full Version : New TV ad: Republicans Blow the Whistle on Romney

Zack
10-04-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.GrandOldPrinciples.com

For those of us that plan to have even the slightest future participation in ANY kind of party politics, the 2012 Presidential election comes down to one choice above most others: Do we want to A.) set a precedent of capitulating to cheaters, letting them know that they will only be hurt by their own incompetence, or B.) set a precedent of letting cheaters know the WE are the ones that hold the power of determination? Our answer will define how people treat us far into the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFW1z-QSlSs

It has little to do with who you think will win this election, or whether or not Romney "needs our help to lose". People like Reince Priebus already knew that we weren't going to vote for Romney. They already knew we would fight for fair elections along the way. And guess what? They probably knew that Romney was a poor politician and a likely loser. You don't effect change in people by showing them that all their predictions were correct. You do it by showing them that there were key variables that they DIDN'T take into account. A Republican, national anti-Romney TV campaign, aired in swing states, during the general election, will be a shocking show of self-determination that never even crossed their little minds.

But it's all on you and me. Are we talkers, or are we walkers? Please post this video around the intertubes, and go to http://www.grandoldprinciples.com to donate for airtime. There are no limits on the amount of money you can donate.

One last thing: In case any of you have fading memories and your blood has gone from boil back down to simmer, I ask that you at least spare 35 seconds and watch this old Reality Check from 0:40 sec to 1:15 sec to refresh your memory of just ONE example of what we're fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzuSDqam5T4

For detailed answers about fundraising/strategy/etc., see: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?390983-finish-the-fight.-VIDEO-Anti-Romney-TV-ad...-from-Republicans.

Zack
10-04-2012, 08:18 PM
bump for evening people, and omigod the general politics forum is like 500 posts from post 1,000,000

paulbot24
10-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Did you steal my notepad? I think I saw it in your video. Wait. No never mind, I had Romney (and Obama) already checked off, but the last three choices left for us on election day are giving me a migraine.

ClydeCoulter
10-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Did you steal my notepad? I think I saw it in your video. Wait. No never mind, I had Romney (and Obama) already checked off, but the last three choices left for us on election day are giving me a migraine.

Two asprin followed by a hot tottie :)

Keith and stuff
10-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Total waste of money. Instead, donate to pro-liberty local candidates.

sailingaway
10-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I love the commercial, I wish it said more up front, at least a list of crap. I would certainly circulate videos of RNC forever if people would watch them.

Zack
10-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Total waste of money. Instead, donate to pro-liberty local candidates.

As for the first part, since I argued a set of very specific, and at least generally explained, opposing theses in this post and especially in the post that it linked to, just saying "nuh uh", while perhaps correct, is not in any way shown to be correct without explaining the the logic of the opposing arguments. As for the second part, using the word "instead" implies the kind of dichotomous relationship which I generally take to be kind of silly when you really start thinking about it. Is working on local efforts always more efficient than ANY kind of nationwide effort if your talking about tangible legislative results? Theoretically sure, but things can't be weighed and measured that way, as the tipping dominos of the two RP campaigns demonstrate. And really, if people want there to be even a 1% chance of meaningful freedom in people's lives a century from now (and really, still only 1% :()instead of a 0.0001% chance, then there is only place to put resources, and that is shown in your avatar, but I wouldn't say that people should ONLY donate resouces to the FSP, because again, those kinds of measurements don't exist. The falling dominos intermix, and for my part I don't pretend to know in exactly what ways, but at least I explain the general logic of my theses.

I love the commercial, I wish it said more up front, at least a list of crap. I would certainly circulate videos of RNC forever if people would watch them.

Thanks, I tried a lot of different scripts, and I couldn't find a way to do that kind of thing in the 26 seconds, myself. I did have a couple other totally different concepts that would have been better, but wouldn't have been possible without a starting budget.

Aratus
10-06-2012, 07:14 AM
methinks vtake thy favorite coin with you into the voting booths if you can't do write-ins or go 3rd party
and lie like the divvel his~self if you see people conducting an entrance or exit poll for the mass media...