PDA

View Full Version : So who honestly stayed up last night to watch Obamney argue with himself in the mirror?

KEEF
10-04-2012, 05:14 AM
I know I went to bed early.

JVParkour
10-04-2012, 06:10 AM
I shut it off after 20 minutes. For some reason I had a faint hope it would be interesting, and of course I was proven wrong.

Chester Copperpot
10-04-2012, 06:25 AM
i didnt bother.... Establishment Candidate 'A' vs. Establishment Candidate 'B'

VBRonPaulFan
10-04-2012, 06:26 AM
i just barely stayed conscious to watch it all... i was playing this...

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541149_472126682810578_254727475_n.jpg

nasaal
10-04-2012, 06:36 AM
I did. Things like that are funny to me. Watching one guy be like "No I'm gonna tell a lie," candidate B responds with "No I'm gonna tell a BETTER lie," and the whole thing was exactly like that. The whole time I was wishing Ron Paul was gonne break through one of the constitution screens and drag them both by the ear. Would have been so easy for him to crush either one of them, especially Obama.

tangent4ronpaul
10-04-2012, 06:53 AM
i just barely stayed conscious to watch it all... i was playing this...

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541149_472126682810578_254727475_n.jpg

Is anyone in the ER getting their stomach pumped? That game sounds like a serious case of alcohol poisoning...

I tried to stay up and dozed off during the first 15 mins. Caught the re-run in the weee hours of the morning.

-t

luctor-et-emergo
10-04-2012, 06:56 AM
I watched it...
It started at 3am local time.

I still wonder how I made it to the end without falling asleep, amazing.

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-04-2012, 07:06 AM
I literally heard Mitt Romney say last night during the debate. "You can't have a free market without regulation".

As the masses of mindless idiots applauded him.

angelatc
10-04-2012, 07:21 AM
I literally heard Mitt Romney say last night during the debate. "You can't have a free market without regulation".

He didn't mean it wasn't possible. He meant it wasn't allowed, komrade!

We watched it only because my 17 yo son wanted to watch. My perception was that Romney was spinning like Romney does, and Obama got his clock cleaned.

ShaneEnochs
10-04-2012, 07:25 AM
I turned it off after each of them answered the second question... mainly because neither of them answered the second question and instead went on a stream of consciousness.

Root
10-04-2012, 07:50 AM
I set my dvr to record the debate and it didn't record. Sounds like my dvr did me a favor.

V3n
10-04-2012, 08:04 AM
I watched so I could debate with the folks (R's/D's) in the office who watched.

tangent4ronpaul
10-04-2012, 08:14 AM
I set my dvr to record the debate and it didn't record. Sounds like my dvr did me a favor.

C-SPAN1 has been playing it several times as a re-run. You can also stream it from their site: c-span.org

-t

Matthew5
10-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Fox News broke it down into segments on their website so I picked and watched a few after school...I heard Obama trying to set the narrative of unity and hope (with no substance) and Romney pandering to Ron Paul republicans interestingly enough. This should be the real take-away I feel, Romney did a very smart move in attacking Obama while going after a key demographic he lacks.

VBRonPaulFan
10-04-2012, 08:19 AM

Yeah, I was speechless when he said that. Neither he nor Obama have any kind of fundamental understanding of economics.

Q11Q
10-04-2012, 08:22 AM
The audacity of Romney to use the back wall of the stage that had the words of the US Constitution on it as a prop for his meandering severe conservative messaging was absolutely noxious. That man has no right to pretend to be for liberty after what he did to Ron Paul.

angelatc
10-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I'm not fooled. But I think a lot of people will be. Romney was armed with facts and figures, while Obama had nothing.

Even the body language...Romney addressed Obama, while Obama stared at the podium. When Obama spoke, he spoke to the audience, not Romney. He came off more unlikeable than Mitt, which is hard to do.

Romney had the lines of the night. "I have 5 boys. I'm used to people saying the same things over and over hoping they'll become true." and (re: Solyndra) "You don't pick winners and losers. You pick the losers."

wgadget
10-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Fox News broke it down into segments on their website so I picked and watched a few after school...I heard Obama trying to set the narrative of unity and hope (with no substance) and Romney pandering to Ron Paul republicans interestingly enough. This should be the real take-away I feel, Romney did a very smart move in attacking Obama while going after a key demographic he lacks.

Dint work.

Root
10-04-2012, 08:42 AM

C-SPAN1 has been playing it several times as a re-run. You can also stream it from their site: c-span.org

-t
Thanks, but Philosophy_of_Politics posted everything I need to know about the debate (quoted). I will not be voting for Obamney.

wgadget
10-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I thought Romney's smirk was obnoxious. I thought his demeanor was overly aggressive. I think in a strange way, Obama's fumbling in the face of his attacker will endear him to some voters. As for Mitt's "facts," their veracity is questionable.

sailingaway
10-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I was speechless when he said that. Neither he nor Obama have any kind of fundamental understanding of economics.

Orwell is their debate coach.

thoughtomator
10-04-2012, 09:31 AM

Romney understands economics quite well IMO. Keep in mind that regulation very strongly favors those already at the top, and those are the folks Romney serves.

angelatc
10-04-2012, 09:34 AM
I thought Romney's smirk was obnoxious. I thought his demeanor was overly aggressive. I think in a strange way, Obama's fumbling in the face of his attacker will endear him to some voters. As for Mitt's "facts," their veracity is questionable.

Romney's smirk is obnoxious. I was working and listening, and every time I glanced over at the screen I recoiled from that smirk.

I saw this in the comments of a debate review, and I think it might have merit:

A very interesting point was made by a stand-up comic, John Fugelsang, last night. Denver is one of the USA's highest cities above sea level. When Fugelsang played a gig there for the first time, he found it difficult to think and breathe.
Romney was there for a few days before the debate and could acclimatise while Obama flew in with a few hours to go. Having watched the debate in full and seen a simply woeful performance from Obama, I can well believe that the schoolboy error of not taking the 'Mile High' city seriously might well have cost Obama the debate last night.

sailingaway
10-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Romney's smirk is obnoxious. I was working and listening, and every time I glanced over at the screen I recoiled from that smirk.

I saw this in the comments of a debate review, and I think it might have merit:

Meh, my Dad lived in Colorado for some time, and when I visited from sea level I might have had a disconcertingly hard time walking up the long hill to the house, for being short of breath, but I don't recall it ever impacting my cognitive abilities.

ClydeCoulter
10-04-2012, 09:51 AM
It became, Who's government intervention into all things would cost the least (detached from any reality known to the average person as far as cost of living).

buck000
10-04-2012, 09:56 AM
The big government war is OK we're here for your safety candidate did quite well last night.

;)

I love how Mr O. is giving folks all this money, and Mr. R will head up the organization that will give you your pursuit of happiness...

devil21
10-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Romney understands economics quite well IMO. Keep in mind that regulation very strongly favors those already at the top, and those are the folks Romney serves.

This is a good point. One of the biggest purposes of "regulation" is to allow the pre-existing big corps to consolidate and prevent small and new businesses from taking market share by overburdening them with huge up front costs imposed by regulations.

"I'll repeal Dodd-Frank. Then I'll replace it." - Romney