PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mitt and Barry, I can keep myself "safe"

smithtg
10-03-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't need your "view" that the most important thing for the gov't to do is to keep me "safe". I have a three letter word for you "gun"

yours truly

Mr. Liberty

Anti Federalist
10-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Did they both really say that?

Government's first directive is to keep us "safe"?

buck000
10-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Agreed. What does the Oath of Office affirm, again? Not about safety ;)

And Rmoney's interpretation about the government giving you your pursuit of happiness...please.

Anti Federalist
10-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Pop Quiz:

Which of the currently active US presidential candidates actually signed into law a gun ban?

Origanalist
10-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Pop Quiz:

Which of the currently active US presidential candidates actually signed into law a gun ban?

Too easy.

fr33
10-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Mitt said in the debate that the "pursuit of happiness" means that government should take care of people.

LibertyEagle
10-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Pop Quiz:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWaiMEhmPaYBdBkoD4_o45ENfLvsIiD 2Dnx4PngWYp6MmM1BJqVjwFI1nq

mport1
10-03-2012, 09:35 PM
How exactly do they keep me safe? By robbing me blind, threatening to jail me for victimless crimes, and stirring up hostilities abroad? If I'd be much safer without them.

smithtg
10-03-2012, 09:35 PM
barry said "the first role of the federal gov't is to keep the people safe, that is its most basic function"
Mittens said "the constitution and the declaration of independance". "promote and protect the principles of those documents" "life and liberty. we have a responsibility to protect the lives and liberties of our people and that means a military second to none, I do not believe cutting our military... Ok, does that mean the military really protects "me" on controls "me"

Philhelm
10-03-2012, 09:37 PM
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,” Romney said at the bill-signing ceremony in 2004, according to a news release issued by the governor’s office at the time. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Philhelm
10-03-2012, 09:38 PM
How exactly do they keep me safe? By robbing me blind, threatening to jail me for victimless crimes, and stirring up hostilities abroad? If I'd be much safer without them.

Well, if you're inside of a cell, there is a lot less that can happen to you than in the nasty, big, wide world (aside from the psychopaths that would be posted as guards).

Origanalist
10-03-2012, 09:39 PM
barry said "the first role of the federal gov't is to keep the people safe, that is its most basic function"
Mittens said "the constitution and the declaration of independance". "promote and protect the principles of those documents" "life and liberty. we have a responsibility to protect the lives and liberties of our people and that means a military second to none, I do not believe cutting our military... Ok, does that mean the military really protects "me" on controls "me"

What if I don't want to be "protected"? Tough titty, you will be protected. And we're going to kill a whole lot of brown people to make sure of it.

smithtg
10-03-2012, 09:41 PM
whats the neocon motto "peace through strength?" in other words stuff our favorite defense contractors pockets full and then some?