PDA

View Full Version : Need help with conversation I am having with a friend

randpaul2016
10-03-2012, 03:31 PM
need some help here. Me and my brothers friend which is 23 are having a little battle over my facebook post in which I said I wont be watching the debate.

HIM: Why arnt you watching?

ME: I dont see the point...

HIM: To form a better opinion and overall better perspective on one of the two men who is going to run our country for at least the next 4 years? Even if you dislike them both its still important to know your politicians. One of the reasons we are in a ****ty situation is because we vote without doing our due diligence of investigating our politicians and instead vote based of media bias and their "likability."

ME: I'm not really all for the 2 party system...Romney and Obama are just different sides of the same coin.

HIM: Ignoring reality will only make you ignorant bro.

Gimme something to say back to him. Can be short, or can be really long...maybe a long one will be better. Cmon guys help me educate him :D

thoughtomator
10-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I suggest responding with something along the lines of "Ignoring reality will only make you ignorant bro."

randpaul2016
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I suggest responding with something along the lines of "Ignoring reality will only make you ignorant bro."

haha I like ;) anyone think they can top this?

JK/SEA
10-03-2012, 03:47 PM
say...''i reserve the right to say i told you so when nothing changes in the next 3-4 years'' because people like you keep voting for the same old cowboys...financed by bankers and the love of power.

randpaul2016
10-03-2012, 03:50 PM
say...''i reserve the right to say i told you so when nothing changes in the next 3-4 years'' because people like you keep voting for the same old cowboys...financed by bankers and the love of power.

hmmm not bad, might be a little too personal. I want to educate him.

unklejman
10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Watching the debates will NOT help you know the politician. It will just familiarize you with their style of deception.

dannno
10-03-2012, 03:58 PM
He's ignoring the reality that it isn't going to make a substantive difference who is elected because they are both pro-establishment.

dannno
Watching the debates will NOT help you know the politician. It will just familiarize you with their style of deception.

Another good point.

jbauer
The reality is that the D's and R's have pushed through rules to the debate commision that only allow the D's and the R's to debate the pre-approved softball questions.

The reality is that the 2 stand for the same ideas, ideals and policies. I suspect the debate will be exclusivly about R and D's talking points rather than the real issues that face this nation such as: $16T debt, $200T in unfunded liabilites and frankly the unavoidable demise of the world we know today. 2 Vietnam style wars with one more coming in short order (Iran) and a country coming appart at the seams as we speak.

The reality is that I've spent more time educating myself about the issues important to me and my country over the past ___X__ years then you'll invest over your lifetime which is why I know tonight is only WWE style prescripted wrestling match made for entertainment purpouses only.

The reality is that regardless of which bafoon wins in November we get what we deserve. More Government, More Wars, More Welfare. Less Liberties, Less Freedom & Less economic independance.

If you want to watch Tom and Jerry chase each others tails around for 2 hours go for it. Tommrow we'll be told if Hulk Hogan or Jessie the Body (honestly don't know any wrestlers names) won. My time would be better spent actually reseaching and educating people that are willing to listen to the truth. Truth is treason in the empire of lies ~ Ron Paul

emazur
10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Here's my attack paragraph on Romney (sources linked in the article). Ask you friend in what ways do Obama and Romney differ on the issues presented in it?
http://www.nolanchart.com/article9233-if-ron-paul-isnt-electable-just-who-the-hell-is.html

Mitt Romney said, 'We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them; I won't chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety.' Mitt Romney described his political views as 'progressive'. When asked if his MA health care mandate, which made up nearly 1/3 of of the state's $1.3 billion deficit in 2009, would be a 'good model for the nation', Mitt Romney replied "well I think so", and White House records show that Romney's health care advisers went on to help craft Obamacare. After Obamacare was passed, Mitt Romney stated he wanted "to eliminate some of the differences, repeal the bad, and keep the good". Mitt Romney praised the No Child Left Behind Act, which increased the size, scope, and cost of the Department of Education. Mitt Romney flip flopped on the Iraq War, and then flipped back again to his original position by calling the Iraq troop withdrawal an 'astonishing failure'. Mitt Romney supported the TARP banker bailout. Mitt Romney stated "I don't want to raise taxes on the American people but..." Mitt Romney won't rule out implementing a European-style Value Added Tax (VAT) in America. Mitt Romney supported a stimulus package in 2008 that called for infrastructure spending and an increase in the money supply by the Federal Reserve, but later went on to say the stimulus hasn't worked. Mitt Romney is unelectable.

randpaul2016
10-03-2012, 04:14 PM
POSTED THIS:

Only a truely ignorant person would not know that both the major party candidates support the same things, such as, ndaa, fiat money, military interventionism, crony capitalism, corporate fascism and are pro-establishment.

The time for due dilligence is long before we are stuck with two, major party, candidates that only watch out for the monied interests and could care less about the citizens of this country or the country itself.

There is nothing that either one of these puppets could say that would change my opinion of how corrupt they and their system is, because i know that they are only pandering for a vote and haven't got an honest bone in their bodies.

Ignoring reality is what has left our constitution in a shambles and our freedoms in jeopardy.

I've done my due diligence and the reality is, a vote for either of the major party annointed candidates is a vote for tyranny.

randpaul2016
10-03-2012, 04:18 PM
his response

I understand all that but as our system stands now we are left with these two extremes and ignoring the system and thinking that not voting or voting for a 3rd party is going to do something is useless right now. Our Media and our government decide our politicians and instead of having people rally up against this shit hole government they instead blame only wall street and corporations. But back to my original argument even though, I agree, this system sucks its still important to learn and understand the candidates that was you know their shit. That's all I'm saying.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-03-2012, 04:27 PM
need some help here. Me and my brothers friend which is 23 are having a little battle over my facebook post in which I said I wont be watching the debate.

HIM: Why arnt you watching?

ME: I dont see the point...

HIM: To form a better opinion and overall better perspective on one of the two men who is going to run our country for at least the next 4 years? Even if you dislike them both its still important to know your politicians. One of the reasons we are in a ****ty situation is because we vote without doing our due diligence of investigating our politicians and instead vote based of media bias and their "likability."

ME: I'm not really all for the 2 party system...Romney and Obama are just different sides of the same coin.

Gimme something to say back to him. Can be short, or can be really long...maybe a long one will be better. Cmon guys help me educate him :D

They don't disagree on anything and if they pretend to, they're faking it. The only extremes are between them and the people they are supposed to represent. (us)

bunklocoempire
10-03-2012, 04:31 PM

And the reality is, neither of those two candidates will walk you through how individual liberty is the end all solution that they supposedly promote.

At some point the policies they both support ALWAYS deny individual liberty. I'm not afraid of what happens when folks have individual liberty, therefore I cannot promote the fear of individual liberty that both of these candidates promote both 'seperately' and together.

Exponent
10-03-2012, 04:42 PM
HIM: One of the reasons we are in a ****ty situation is because we vote without doing our due diligence of investigating our politicians and instead vote based of media bias and their "likability."

This is true, IF you were ultimately going to vote for one of the two despite not liking either. But you've do done your due diligence, and I suspect you're not going to vote for either of them. If so, his argument that you're ignoring reality, by voting while remaining ignorant and uninformed, doesn't hold water.

Edit:

HIM: Its still important to learn and understand the candidates that was you know their shit. That's all I'm saying.
Does he think that the debates are one of the only or most reliable ways of being informed about politicians? That seems rather limited to me. And rather unreliable, given the styles of the debates, the questions, and the methods of moderation I've seen since I started paying attention. Debates reveal very little when it only involves insincere politicians spewing pre-formed rhetoric. About the only thing debates do for me is let me estimate the sincerity of the candidates so that I can go further research the ones that weren't wallowing in their own BS.

randpaul2016
10-03-2012, 05:32 PM
him:

I like how your decisions have like a zero sum outcome. Like you won't vote for someone because they don't believe in everything you do. Politics is all about picking the best and it will never be a perfect candidate. You rather vote knowing its worthless then vote for a party that has an agenda closer to your beliefs over the other, and actually having a chance at winning. So your picking the worse case scenario over picking a better alternative just because you have to vote 3rd party.

hes pissing me off now

dannno
10-03-2012, 05:42 PM
his response

I understand all that but as our system stands now we are left with these two extremes and ignoring the system and thinking that not voting or voting for a 3rd party is going to do something is useless right now. Our Media and our government decide our politicians and instead of having people rally up against this shit hole government they instead blame only wall street and corporations. But back to my original argument even though, I agree, this system sucks its still important to learn and understand the candidates that was you know their shit. That's all I'm saying.

Wow, so we get to decide what brand of lube we want them to use on us?

dannno
10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Economics: I am supposed to agree more with Romney on economics, but in the last 30 years every Republican candidate has campaigned on shrinking government and every Republican President has greatly expanded the size of government and increased our debts.

Foreign Policy: I am supposed to agree more with Obama on foreign policy, but he has grown our military empire and gotten us into more wars than Bush.

War on Drugs: I am supposed to agree more with Obama on the war on drugs, but he has raided three times more medical marijuana facilities in his 4 years than Bush in his 8 years.

Civil Liberties: Both candidates are absolutely despicable.

You may as well take your vote to Vegas, because no matter who you vote for it's just a gamble.

Anti Federalist
10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
him:

I like how your decisions have like a zero sum outcome. Like you won't vote for someone because they don't believe in everything you do. Politics is all about picking the best and it will never be a perfect candidate. You rather vote knowing its worthless then vote for a party that has an agenda closer to your beliefs over the other, and actually having a chance at winning. So your picking the worse case scenario over picking a better alternative just because you have to vote 3rd party.

hes pissing me off now

At some point in time, he'll be sure to trot out the old "if you don't vote/watch/ do whatever, then you have no right to complain" line.

False.

By sitting back and not endorsing or voting for or paying mind to either one, I am refusing to "own" anything that the system does over the next four years WRT to the presidency.

You, (your friend) on the other hand, have now "bought" this, you voted for one or the other, you gave your tacit approval to everything that happens from here on out, even if "your team" lost, because the whole basis of "democracy" means that you have to abide by the mandates and edicts and actions of the "winning team".

I do not.

I will not endorse evil, greater or smaller, I refuse to choose between the two and furthermore I will not "own" anything that either one of them does to me or to countless other people all around the globe.

And that gives me EVERY right to bitch and complain and protest at the top of my lungs.

phill4paul
10-03-2012, 05:59 PM
At some point in time, he'll be sure to trot out the old "if you don't vote/watch/ do whatever, then you have no right to complain" line.

False.

By sitting back and not endorsing or voting for or paying mind to either one, I am refusing to "own" anything that the system does over the next four years WRT to the presidency.

You, (your friend) on the other hand, have now "bought" this, you voted for one or the other, you gave your tacit approval to everything that happens from here on out, even if "your team" lost, because the whole basis of "democracy" means that you have to abide by the mandates and edicts and actions of the "winning team".

I do not.

I will not endorse evil, greater or smaller, I refuse to choose between the two and furthermore I will not "own" anything that either one of them does to me or to countless other people all around the globe.

And that gives me EVERY right to bitch and complain and protest at the top of my lungs.

Damn straight.

http://www.bustercollings.com/images/dontblameme.gif

randpaul2016
10-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Damn straight.

http://www.bustercollings.com/images/dontblameme.gif

should be a bumper sticker saying

dont blame me I wrote in ron paul