PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for a show of solidarity?

IHaveaDream
11-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Solidarity: sol•i•dar•i•ty, n , mutual agreement and support: harmony of interests and responsibilities among individuals in a group, especially as manifested in unanimous support and collective action for something
Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation.

Problem:
The media says Ron Paul supporters represent a small segment of voters. Opponents say Ron Paul supporters are just a hostile fringe element.

Proposal:
Select a target date. On that date, Ron Paul supporters across the nation agree to place something on their clothing and/or vehicle—en masse— to demonstrate, for all to see, that Ron Paul supporters are both numerous and diverse.

It must convey a peaceful statement that we are simply fellow citizens and that we share we no common party, race, ethnicity, income level, gender, religion or values. We are united by only one cause: Independence

Good idea? Bad idea? Better idea?

Voice
11-19-2007, 06:29 PM
We already do: signs and bumper stickers...

hillertexas
11-19-2007, 06:30 PM
i think it's a great idea but it should probably be a little more blatant than say, red white & blue armbands so that the people who don't know about Ron Paul will know why we are all doing it. Maybe armbands that say "Ron Paul".

Fyretrohl
11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
If you want to do something similar, then, you should try to organize get togethers in some park or other place for Ron Paul supporters that the media can cover. Show up in force in towns and cities all across the nation at the same time.

goRPaul
11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Money Bombs are a good show of solidarity :)

Fyretrohl
11-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Money Bombs are a good show of solidarity :)

True. But, the media, MSM or otherwise, still want to say it is the computer geeks, hiding in their homes, spamming the world, at least to a degree. Money bombs are faceless. The more I see some of the articles about the rallys, etc, the more I read shock at the people there being Republicans, Democrats, Independants, fringe groups...IE: Ron Paul UNITES Americans. The other candidates divide. So, put a real face on it. Put a ton of people, on the ground, easily covered together. Perhaps...Have Dr Paul do an 'Internet' town hall type meeting and then have folks setup displays in parks to watch them. Or, for the northerners, something inside, but, easy to see who is there. Then, the media can talk to the people and see the different walks of life, age groups, numbers, etc. Start to disprove the theory that it is just a few spammers in their basements of their mom's house.

paulitics
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I think its a good idea.

Voice
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I like Fyretrohl's idea.

Chibioz
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
If the money bomb is big, which it will be, it is an impressive show of solidarity and hard to marginalize because even if it was just a bunch of programmers and geeks, if programmers and geeks can raise $10 million it is obviously a group with a lot of money, I don't think that's a market segment that the media is going to want to alienate. Money may not be everything but money is our armor that will protect us from the media's attempt to discredit and smear.

Ridiculous
11-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Some on here would say that a "show of solidarity" is collectivism:rolleyes:

Fyretrohl
11-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Another idea...Similar...But, tying to the 16th...

Have 'computer banks' set up in places around the country. Have people come in and do their donations from the Central location. Suggest a specific time. Have the local meetups donate to rent a space, internet/wireless, and some laptops or other computers. Allow folks to bring their own laptops. Again, the idea is to put faces...Real people...Behind the numbers.

Fyretrohl
11-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Some on here would say that a "show of solidarity" is collectivism:rolleyes:

Well, are we or are we not collectively supporting Ron Paul?

LibertyEagle
11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Oh, I've got it!

Pick a day and we have a massive Slim Jim handout day, all over the country. ;)

apc3161
11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I say on December 16th everyone around the country should not only donate money, but also have real tea parties. Meet up with all the Ron Paul supporters in your city and enjoy a cup of tea at pub, bar, restaurant, or what have you.

Just make sure you wear at least one piece of clothing advertising RP such as a hat, t-shirt, or sweatshirt.

We've gotten media attention. Now it is important to go out, meet real people, and present yourself and Dr. Paul to them in a very gentlemanly respectable manner. Offer to buy people a cup of tea. Just be respectful and nice and try to explain to them why RP would make a great president.

cascade77
11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockade

madcat033
11-19-2007, 07:00 PM
I had a thread about this a while ago... I said we should all wear Ron Paul shirts on Black Friday while we shop.

The key is, we need to get all the "casual" supporters to agree to wear Ron Paul gear as well. If we could get such an idea as viral as the Nov. 5th thing, that would be huge. I mean, 36,000 people were willing to donate on that day. We could undoubtedly get more to agree to wear a Ron Paul shirt. If we had 36,000 plus people all wearing Ron Paul shirts on the same day... you get the picture. Someone needs to make this happen.

Ridiculous
11-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, are we or are we not collectively supporting Ron Paul?

sarcasm, over collectivist(ism) being thrown around on here as an ad hominem attack

IHaveaDream
11-19-2007, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=madcat033;437447]I said we should all wear Ron Paul shirts on Black Friday while we shop. [Quote]

I like your idea, but it does have some drawbacks. Some people won't be able to get a shirt that soon. Others may have to wear a coat over their shirt, thus defeating the purpose. It needs to be something that is clearly visible no matter what the weather is or what occasion someone is dressing for. Just imagine Ron Paul supporters all over towns nationwide bearing a simiar likeness the same day, all day long.

And what about our vehicles? Imagine the thousands of cars, pick-ups, SUV's, and other vehicles also bearing a similar likeness that very same day, all day long. (Remember all those flags on vehicles right after 9-11?) People are bound to notice that. The press is bound to notice that. And (grin) our opposition is bound to notice that (don't you just love it). Do you think any other candidate could stir a rally like that...nationwide?

We need a visual image for ourselves and our vehicles that can be easily constructed from cheap, readily available material. There's a lot of creative people here. Let's brainstorm this and toss some ideas around.