PDA

View Full Version : Disposable Heroes Treated Like Second Class Citizens

AuH20
10-03-2012, 09:51 AM
The government must fulfill their contract with these individuals as opposed to spending countless billions on food stamps or SCHIP. This is ridiculous that losers take precedence over our vets.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/29/health/delayed-veterans-benefits/index.html

Lucille
10-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Here's 6 million that should have gone to actual vets rather than a vacation for VA bureaucrats.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/fed-agency-turned-orlando-seminar-into-6-million-vacation/

thoughtomator
10-03-2012, 09:57 AM
It should teach people not to sign up as mercenaries for a fascist Imperium.

AuH20
10-03-2012, 10:02 AM
It should teach people not to sign up as mercenaries for a fascist Imperium.

True. But there was a contract established. Risk life and limb to fulfill whatever military objective at the moment and in return the government has an obligation to take care of their employees in the event they suffer debilitating injuries, while in an active theater of operations. Unfortunately, the government often acts as an indian giver, by reneging on the original agreement.

thoughtomator
10-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Speaking of Indian givers, perhaps these vets should ask some (American) Indians how good the word of the USG on a contract is.

AuH20
10-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Speaking of Indian givers, perhaps these vets should ask some (American) Indians how good the word of the USG on a contract is.

It's pretty telling how deceitful the TPTB are. Look at Shay's Rebellion and then fast forward all the way up to the Bonus Army controversy & then to the massive coverup with the emergence of Gulf War Syndrome (thanks to blowing up bioweapon stockpiles). And the train keeps chugging along.

ctiger2
10-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Sorry couldn't resist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoVavpbhBfM

Bodies fill the fields I see, hungry heroes end
No one to play soldier now, no one to pretend
Running blind through killing fields, bred to kill them all
Victim of what said should be
A servant 'til I fall

Soldier boy, made of clay
Now an empty shell
Twenty one, only son
But he served us well
Bred to kill, not to care
Do just as we say
Finished here, greetings death
He's yours to take away

Back to the front
You will do what I say, when I say
Back to the front
You will die when I say, you must die
Back to the front
You coward
You servant
You blindman

Barking of machinegun fire, does nothing to me now
Sounding of the clock that ticks, get used to it somehow
More a man, more stripes you bare, glory seeker trends
Bodies fill the fields I see
The slaughter never ends

Now an empty shell
Twenty one, only son
But he served us well
Do just as we say
He's yours to take away

Back to the front
Back to the front
Back to the front
You coward
You servant
You blindman

Why, am I dying?
Kill, have no fear
Lie, live off lying
Hell, hell is here

I was born for dying

Life planned out before my birth, nothing could I say
Had no chance to see myself, molded day by day
Looking back I realize, nothing have I done
Left to die with only friend
Alone I clench my gun

Now an empty shell
Twenty one, only son
But he served us well
Do just as we say
He's yours to take away

Back to the front
Back to the front
Back to the front
You coward
You servant
You blindman

Back to the front!

Pericles
10-03-2012, 10:38 AM
But the VA still has enough $ every year to send me a letter to come in for my flu shot.

fisharmor
10-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Sorry couldn't resist:

Exhibit A of why today those guys suck more ass than a V8 powered ass sucking machine.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
It's not just medical care. I know lots of other vets who haven't received their GI Bill after 6+ months of being in school / waiting for 'process' of enrollment certs. I'd rather not have the standing army in the first place, but as long as you are sending folks to die in immoral, fascist wars, the least of which you can do is pay for their injuries. You think Northrop Grumman waits two years for payment? Ha. I'm still waiting for vets to awaken that they are just pieces of expendable meat to immoral men. Someone pointed out Shay's Rebellion. If we could only get the Vets to truly understand the situation boy...that'd be wonderful. (I know A LOT are awake, but we need more)

coastie
10-03-2012, 11:27 AM
It's not just medical care. I know lots of other vets who haven't received their GI Bill after 6+ months of being in school / waiting for 'process' of enrollment certs. I'd rather not have the standing army in the first place, but as long as you are sending folks to die in immoral, fascist wars, the least of which you can do is pay for their injuries. You think Northrop Grumman waits two years for payment? Ha. I'm still waiting for vets to awaken that they are just pieces of expendable meat to immoral men. Someone pointed out Shay's Rebellion. If we could only get the Vets to truly understand the situation boy...that'd be wonderful. (I know A LOT are awake, but we need more)

Now you know another...I still havent got my money for this semster. Fucking bullshit.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Now you know another...I still havent got my money for this semster. Fucking bullshit.

That sucks, friend. :/ Has your enrollment showed up in E-benefits yet? If there was one group that has been shafted by the system more than any other over the past 230 years it has been vets. It is sad to see fellow vets taken advantage of by the political class assholes time and time again and 'we' don't do shit about it. Well, if there is anything I can do about it is this culture of Stockholm Syndrome that I want to desperately fix. If there is any group ripe for libertarianism and resistance it is us vets.

Thank god for IVAW, OathKeepers, etc.

LibForestPaul
10-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Used to care how vets were beign scammed. Not anymore. Ra ra, kill some ragheads, 'Merica....frkn tools fo the state.

Tudo
10-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Used to care how vets were beign scammed. Not anymore. Ra ra, kill some ragheads, 'Merica....frkn tools fo the state.

LOL I agree

USN 1971

coastie
10-04-2012, 07:06 AM
That sucks, friend. :/ Has your enrollment showed up in E-benefits yet? If there was one group that has been shafted by the system more than any other over the past 230 years it has been vets. It is sad to see fellow vets taken advantage of by the political class assholes time and time again and 'we' don't do shit about it. Well, if there is anything I can do about it is this culture of Stockholm Syndrome that I want to desperately fix. If there is any group ripe for libertarianism and resistance it is us vets.

Thank god for IVAW, OathKeepers, etc.

Yes, it is there, VA says they paid me-my bank acct says different.

Used to care how vets were being scammed. Not anymore. Ra ra, kill some ragheads, 'Merica....frkn tools fo the state.

Sadly, I agree. I actually feel guilty a lot of times for even taking the GI Bill, and could EASILY muster a 50% or better disability rating for my jacked up back, but I don't.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Yes, it is there, VA says they paid me-my bank acct says different.

Sadly, I agree. I actually feel guilty a lot of times for even taking the GI Bill, and could EASILY muster a 50% or better disability rating for my jacked up back, but I don't.

You know what is fucked up is that Fed.Gov doesn't recognize hearing loss as disability anymore. The ol' saying when it comes to the VA is they wait, and procrastinate, and then you die.

I do agree that a good deal of vets are the rah rah nationalist types, but a lot of them are also Ron Paul libertarians (I personally know more than 10+), so there should be some discernment before throwing it all away. Many who enlist now-a-days do so to get away from student debt that the system foists on the younger generation. It's a terrible situation. Many of these kids just do not understand what the hell they're actually signing up for.

Bodhi
10-04-2012, 08:38 PM

You may be setting yourself up for failure. Back injuries usually get worse over time, you would be doing yourself a favor to go ahead and apply for the disability rating. It might be a lot harder to do it later depending on what is in your medical records. I have back injuries as well from OIF. I could suck it up years ago but now the pain keeps me in bed some days. It would be really hard for me to prove it was service connected now because I rarely went on sick call, so there is not much in my medical records.