PDA

View Full Version : It Finally Happened!

honkywill
11-19-2007, 05:50 PM
I was at work(I work at a convenience store/truck stop) and I was working the trucker side of the store.

I'm ringing a trucker up and he is digging in his wallet.

Trucker: Haha. Crazy.
Me: What?
Trucker: Is that your Ron Paul van out there?

My van is Ron Pauled.

Me: ...Yeah. Do you like Ron Paul?
Trucker: No. I don't know who he is, but look at this.

He presents me with a ten dollar bill from his wallet. It had a Ron Paul stamp on it. :)

BLS
11-19-2007, 05:52 PM
FREAKING Great!!!

Indy Vidual
11-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Name recognition is rising :)

jrich4rpaul
11-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Haha, nice. I usually put the website on the edge (so it's not defaced) of my dollar bills or something similar. Just the 1's because they circulate the most, whether it be someone oweing someone a couple bucks, or getting change back at the store.

V4Vendetta
11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Thats a Great Story!!

Dave Wood
11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
What comes around goes around!! I say keep stamping and writing RP on all of your corespondence.

DealzOnWheelz
11-19-2007, 06:00 PM
and did you explain to him who ron paul was and why he wants to save our country????

If yes...skip to the last line

If no ... go out back and hang yourself

give yourself a pat on the back

honkywill
11-19-2007, 06:11 PM
He asked me who he was and I explained he was running for president.

He said "I don't follow that stuff."

By his the way he held himself I could tell he was being more than honest with me.

I also try to not talk politics with truckers unless they start it.

krott5333
11-19-2007, 06:19 PM
I was at work(I work at a convenience store/truck stop) and I was working the trucker side of the store.

My van is Ron Pauled.

He presents me with a ten dollar bill from his wallet. It had a Ron Paul stamp on it. :)

well I happen to work at a truck stop as well, and I stamp every bill that comes in there.

did it look like this? also, I stamp the tens on the back side, on the very left, slightly vertically:

http://www.ronpaulstamp.com/images/ron-paul.jpg

krott5333
11-19-2007, 06:20 PM
anytime a trucker complains about fuel prices, I always end up slowly transitioning it into a Ron Paul conversation. :)

Richandler
11-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Do truckers even vote? I imagine they are largely out of state and must meet insane deadlines for absentee ballots.

Elijah
11-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Not condeming this in anyway but is this legal to stamp the monies?u

krott5333
11-19-2007, 06:45 PM

simply put, no.

robert4rp08
11-19-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't think it's illegal to stamp money as long as 1) you're not trying to commit fraud, i.e., make a $10 bill look like a $100 bill or 2) you don't render the bill unfit for use, i.e., paint the entire side of the bill in red.

tnvoter
11-19-2007, 06:48 PM
anytime a trucker complains about fuel prices, I always end up slowly transitioning it into a Ron Paul conversation. :)

haha, same for me and ANY political/economic conversation.

DealzOnWheelz
11-19-2007, 06:51 PM
it is illegal to deface Federal Reserve Notes

But WHO THE HELL CARES AND WHO IS GONNA KNOW YOU DID IT

It's illegal to posses cocaine but anybody with a dollar bill in their pocket probably has a trace amount of cocaine on it

ValidusCustodiae
11-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Was the ink on it black and on the white edge of the note? if so sweet =) anyway thats the best place to mark a note because it doesn't deface it or render it unusable. =)

OptionsTrader
11-19-2007, 06:57 PM

NO IT IS NOT.

It is only against the law to deface the bill to the extent that the action renders the note unusable.

A mere stamp is perfectly 100% legal.

Dave Wood
11-19-2007, 07:03 PM
NO IT IS NOT.

It is only against the law to deface the bill to the extent it is unusable.

Tell the NEWBS options!

The law is clear about writing on FRN`s I cant find the thread just now because it goes way back, but in essence you cant:

Alter the monetary value
Render unuseable the serial numbers

I will try to find the orig. thread to show everyone what the LAW says about writing on FRN`s money.

honkywill
11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
well I happen to work at a truck stop as well, and I stamp every bill that comes in there.

did it look like this? also, I stamp the tens on the back side, on the very left, slightly vertically:

Same stamp, but it was on the front left.

The fella said he picked it up in Georgia.

krott5333
11-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Same stamp, but it was on the front left.

The fella said he picked it up in Georgia.

awesome!

wasn't me.

goal: hit every single FRN with a ron paul stamp!

honkywill
11-19-2007, 07:13 PM
I stamped 1,500ish notes before I quit.

garrettwombat
11-19-2007, 07:17 PM
it could be my ten dollar bill, iv stamped many 10 dollar bills.

AlexAmore
11-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Cool story.

I have two stories that happened today.

I have a Ron Paul bumper sticker and two big magnetic Ron Paul signs on my car doors that also promote about 7 or so of his stances (Don't ask me where I got em because it wasn't on the net). Well today on the highway someone passed us and beeped a couple times...they were saying hi because they had Ron Paul bumper stickers on too!

Also I got out of school today, turned on the car and a very popular radio station (100.3) was on already and the first thing I hear? A Ron Paul commercial again!

I am getting Ron Pauled daily here in NH! Keep it up guys! Don't slow down!

Johnnybags
11-19-2007, 07:49 PM
with the linear amp and d104 and start broadcasting on channel 19 to truckers in busy cities. Little 30 second blurbs on the inflation tax and gas prices and Mexican trucker program and they'll all be pissed.

James R
11-19-2007, 07:56 PM

My van is Ron Pauled.

My mom, who lives in the Philly area, said she saw a car with a Ron Paul bumper sticker and has not seen any other political bumper stickers yet. She isn't that big of a Ron Paul fan herself, but I think she'll vote for him. I live in the Chicago area and while I have not seen any Ron Paul bumper stickers I have not seen any candidate bumper stickers yet. Could be just that I'm not paying attention.

lastnymleft
11-19-2007, 11:13 PM

These stamps are not specific to the FRNs. Couldn't we come up with a better pitch to put specifically on FRNs?

Let's hear your suggestions!

"This note is worth less each second. Visit RonPaul2008.com to save it!"

...or some such.

0zzy
11-19-2007, 11:15 PM
ROFL! That's so cool!

Duckman
11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
If stamping a FRN is illegal, the folks at wheresgeorge.com are going to be the next ones to find all their stuff confiscated. :)

aroberso
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
If stamping a FRN is illegal, the folks at wheresgeorge.com are going to be the next ones to find all their stuff confiscated. :)

HA! Only if they come out in support of the Good Doctor!

(woohoo! I'm a Senior Member now! This is going on my resume.)

Anti Federalist
11-19-2007, 11:22 PM
He asked me who he was and I explained he was running for president.

He said "I don't follow that stuff."

By his the way he held himself I could tell he was being more than honest with me.

I also try to not talk politics with truckers unless they start it.

Not to be too harsh on our gear jammin' fellow here, but, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

When he can't make his fuel payments because it takes 5 or 6 (or more) worthless FRNs to pay for a gallon of diesel...

When he can't charge more than $.25 cents a mile because it violates some NAFTA protocol...

He'll WISH he followed that stuff.

Moron.

Dorfsmith
11-19-2007, 11:22 PM
NO IT IS NOT.

It is only against the law to deface the bill to the extent that the action renders the note unusable.

A mere stamp is perfectly 100% legal.

Yep, it is completely legal and sites like www.wheresgeorge.com helped push stamping money into the so called mainstream.
:D

Roxi
11-19-2007, 11:24 PM
simply put, no.

with all due respect you are absolutely wrong. I researched this a long time ago when my meetup group wanted to buy a stamp and some people said it was illegal.

It is only illegal to "do something which renders any coin or currency of legal tender useless or uncirculatable."

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/casecode/uscodes/18/parts/i/chapters/17/sections/section_333.html

United States Code
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 17 - COINS AND CURRENCY
§ 333. Mutilation of national bank obligations

“Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill,
draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking
association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System,
with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence
of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or
imprisoned not more than six months, or both.”

EDIT: sorry i didn't realize the question of the legality had been answered

RPFTW!
11-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Awesome!

Roxi
11-19-2007, 11:39 PM
These stamps are not specific to the FRNs. Couldn't we come up with a better pitch to put specifically on FRNs?

Let's hear your suggestions!

"This note is worth less each second. Visit RonPaul2008.com to save it!"

...or some such.

on all my bills I write, "STOP INFLATION" on the top. and "www.ronpaul2008.com" on the bottom

Just Come Home
11-19-2007, 11:49 PM
I went to a poker tournament this weekend, and when I went out, I offered to count and split up the money for the winners. Then on about every fifth bill, I wrote "OVER" in a ballon next to the president's head. On the back I would write one of the following:

Google: Ron Paul New Hope
Google: Ron Paul Don't Tread
Google: Ron Paul Stop Dreaming

Then where there was the white hous on the bill, I'd write "Ron Paul" and point an arrow to the oval office... :)

lastnymleft
11-19-2007, 11:49 PM
It is only illegal to "do something which renders any coin or currency of legal tender useless or uncirculatable."

Hmm. What about burning it, as a symbolic act of protest? I wouldn't mind if someone burned IOUs of mine!

Nathan Hale
11-19-2007, 11:50 PM
I own a hardware store, and I've seen two Ron Paul dollars so far.

Corydoras
11-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Did you know there is a Truckers 4 Ron Paul website?
http://www.truckers4ronpaul.org/
I like it because it is truly geared toward the profession.