PDA

View Full Version : Hahahahahaha...hahaha...!

wgadget
10-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Last night while driving home, I heard a commercial on AM talk radio touting the value to the average American of FEMA, the TSA, the FDA, the DHS, the IRS, and other beasts. So I looked up their website when I got home. Thought I'd share it with you.

Desperate times. I think they see the writing on the wall.

P.S. The Fed was not on the commercial, probably because they're PRIVATE. Fantastic.

http://theyworkforus.org/

kathy88
10-02-2012, 05:37 AM
That was disturbing.

wgadget
10-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Something similar to the PSA at the bottom, THE OATH, is what I heard on the radio. But it had something about the TSA on it, too.

I like the guy who says "We work to make sure the banking system is secure" or something to that effect. Good luck with that.

LOL

tod evans
10-02-2012, 05:44 AM
The scary thing is Joe Citizen and most fed employees believe this...:eek:

fr33
10-02-2012, 06:16 AM
From the bottom of the page:
© 2012 National Treasury Employees Union.
'Nuff said.

wgadget
10-02-2012, 06:21 AM
From the bottom of the page:
'Nuff said.

HahahahahaHAHAHAHA!

Travlyr
10-02-2012, 07:04 AM
I'm from the government and I'm here to help you. ;)

VBRonPaulFan
10-02-2012, 07:14 AM
why are high ranking union leaders always morbidly obese, disgusting thugs?

fisharmor
10-02-2012, 07:15 AM
The scary thing is Joe Citizen and most fed employees believe this...:eek:

True, but as long as you have counters they can't really get anywhere with their arguments.
A long time friend was explaining to me that his dad is doing important work for NIST.
Yeah, but he could always go work for UL, or better yet, do something that is productive and be an ANSI member on the side......
But you're right, people tend to buy into the idea that if the federal government didn't do it, it wouldn't get done.
It's sad that in so many cases, someone actually is doing the exact same thing outside the federal government already.

wgadget
10-02-2012, 07:19 AM
I smell FEAR:

Sequestration Must Be Avoided To Save Vital Services, Economic Recovery

Wealthy Should Pay More Before Making Harmful Cuts to Public Services, Opinion Survey Finds

NTEU Effort Draws Connection to Positive Links Between Federal Workers and People’s Lives

tangent4ronpaul
10-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Last night while driving home, I heard a commercial on AM talk radio touting the value to the average American of FEMA, the TSA, the FDA, the DHS, the IRS, and other beasts. So I looked up their website when I got home. Thought I'd share it with you.

Desperate times. I think they see the writing on the wall.

P.S. The Fed was not on the commercial, probably because they're PRIVATE. Fantastic.

http://theyworkforus.org/

I generally don't like any agency you listed. FEMA has some small offices that are OK. Actually I like the entire Coast Guard and they are under DHS. FDA has one research group I like - but we are talking maybe 6 ppl...

True, but as long as you have counters they can't really get anywhere with their arguments.
A long time friend was explaining to me that his dad is doing important work for NIST.
Yeah, but he could always go work for UL, or better yet, do something that is productive and be an ANSI member on the side......
But you're right, people tend to buy into the idea that if the federal government didn't do it, it wouldn't get done.
It's sad that in so many cases, someone actually is doing the exact same thing outside the federal government already.

I'm familiar with and very impressed with NIST. They do excellent work! At least part of what they do is Constitutionally mandated.

-t

acptulsa
10-02-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm familiar with and very impressed with NIST. They do excellent work! At least part of what they do is Constitutionally mandated.

-t

Oh, yeah. Spending millions of taxpayer dollars trying to convince us that all those magical things we saw on 9/11 weren't magic at all is something I personally couldn't live without on a dare.

Origanalist
10-02-2012, 07:59 AM
I'm from the government and I'm here to help you. ;)

One of my favorite and most used lines when discussing government with others.

KingRobbStark
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
I smell FEAR:

Sequestration Must Be Avoided To Save Vital Services, Economic Recovery

Wealthy Should Pay More Before Making Harmful Cuts to Public Services, Opinion Survey Finds

NTEU Effort Draws Connection to Positive Links Between Federal Workers and People’s Lives

"We're putting you in concentration camps for your own good."

smithtg
10-02-2012, 08:10 AM
I started another thread about this related to the DOD. That website made me cringe. It should say "paid for by the Republican and Democratic parties"

Anti Federalist
10-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Hmmm...

Sounds like we're at the "Go ahead and leave you stupid fat slut, you'll never get anywhere without me" part of this abusive relationship.

wgadget
10-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Hmmm...

Sounds like we're at the "Go ahead and leave you stupid thieving, self-serving, bloated, incompetent,fat slut, you'll never get anywhere without me" part of this abusive relationship.

Fixed.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Hmmm...

Sounds like we're at the "Go ahead and leave you stupid fat slut, you'll never get anywhere without me" part of this abusive relationship.

Yeah, but I bet the tone changes if anyone gets up to touch the doorknob.

ronpaulhawaii
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNNLCL5ImM0

TheTexan
10-02-2012, 10:31 AM
"Do you think the Federal Government should commit more resources to X? 70% of Americans said yes."

This is Amerika. Most people do genuinely want our government to spend more money on everything.

Say it ain't so, you say? It's the truth.

Secession please

fr33
10-02-2012, 10:39 PM
why are high ranking union leaders always morbidly obese, disgusting thugs?They really tend to be overweight. I don't understand why people would feel sorry for people that appear well-fed (over-fed). The Chicago teachers Union was a recent incident...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2euu3qe.jpg

She never misses a meal thanks to stolen money.

michaelwise
10-02-2012, 11:13 PM
I just thank the Creator everyday for the complete and total economic collapse of the USA that is a 100% mathematical certainty, so those public employees who work for us won't be employed by us civilians anymore, and so they won't be able to harm us anymore.

heavenlyboy34
10-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Something similar to the PSA at the bottom, THE OATH, is what I heard on the radio. But it had something about the TSA on it, too.I like the guy who says "We work to make sure the banking system is secure" or something to that effect. Good luck with that.LOLEver hear those radio ads about the FDIC narrated by Suze Orman? Hilarious. :D

idiom
10-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Every federal employee swears the Oath? There are no unsworn federal employees?

Nearly all Americans think Nasa should have its funding reduced to only 10% of the federal budget.