PDA

View Full Version : Brittany: “A face of one of the 47%” Obama-Biden letter of the week.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Really, this is boilerplate dem feel good pablum.

http://secure.assets.bostatic.com/resize/brittany_photo-20120930231210.jpg

Dear President Obama,

Hello! My name is Brittany and I live in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. I am 25 years old (but I will be 26 on October 3rd!). I am a registered Democrat and I have been voting since I was 18. I am one of the 47% of Americans who fall under Mitt Romney's definition of "entitled" and "unable to take responsibility for my life." I have Down syndrome.

I started working part-time in 2004 when I was in high school. I graduated in 2008 and have worked at that job ever since. My employer receives money from the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare so that I can work, and the public transportation people receive money from them to take me back and forth to work. My mother applied for Social Security's Supplemental Security Income program (SSI) for me when I was 19. I really want to make lots of money and have a hot tub someday, but SSI subtracts my paychecks from my SSI benefits, so I don’t have much to put into a savings account.

I am now working for a store, folding clothes and doing returns. I like my job a lot! I make $4.98 an hour and I am allowed to work 25-30 hours a week (I have paid $542.72 in federal, FICA, state, and city taxes this year as of August 31st). I just got my own apartment and share it with another girl like me. I get to pay rent now ($325 a month) and pay for my telephone and cable because I like the Disney Channel. I was not allowed to take my dog with me, but I can hang all of my Hannah Montana posters on my bedroom wall. My mother still has to help me with my medications and handling my money and stuff.

I have also included my picture, not just because I'm cute, but because I wanted to give you a face of one of the 47% to share with Mr. Romney.

I wish you would come to Pennsylvania because I would really like to meet you.

Please say hello to your wife, Michelle, for me. I wish I could live in the White House, too, and I like your dog, Bo.

—Brittany

P.S. My mom and her friend helped me write this

http://www.barackobama.com/news/entry/brittany-a-face-of-one-of-the-47?source=read-more

AuH20
10-01-2012, 10:43 PM
You won't see much of this lady at the upcoming debate I suspect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Or this poor deluded soul reveling in her chains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgB2eeHZEw

It's all about shaping the narrative like they say. :)

angelatc
10-01-2012, 10:48 PM
This is pathetic.

I'm sorry - but this person shouldn't even be allowed to vote. She's got the mental capacity of a child. And the Obama campaign, as well as her mother, are using her for political points by attacking Mitt Romney, to boot? This is bordering on creepy.

James Madison
10-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Just imagine if we had a president not beholden to big pharma. This young lady would have been cured ages ago. Stockholm Syndrome, I suppose.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Don't forget this classic...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_KUW2vCPX7w

AuH20
10-01-2012, 10:53 PM
This is pathetic.

I'm sorry - but this person shouldn't even be allowed to vote. She's got the mental capacity of a child. And the Obama campaign, as well as her mother, are using her for political points by attacking Mitt Romney, to boot? This is bordering on creepy.

The party of unregulated abortion is utilizing a Down Syndrome adult to shill for Lord Obama. Let that one sink in. I think I've seen it all.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
The party of unregulated abortion is utilizing a Down Syndrome adult to shill for Lord Obama. Let that one sink in. I think I've seen it all.

Curiouser and curiouser, down the rabbit hole with you.

tangent4ronpaul
10-01-2012, 11:13 PM
WOW! - rent sure is cheap in Mechanicsburg, PA!

Oh, and I LOVE those socks!

-t

angelatc
10-01-2012, 11:45 PM

No kidding. The liberal blogs were full of Palin hate because she didn't abort her Down's Syndrome baby, that's for sure.

RonRules
10-01-2012, 11:52 PM
"I really want to make lots of money and have a hot tub someday"

Me too!

Philhelm
10-02-2012, 07:37 AM
The "P.S." is the only thing that matters here. I'd imagine the mother is a raging Democrat because she secretly wishes that she had the right to abort her daughter.

specsaregood
10-02-2012, 07:44 AM
This is pathetic.

Agreed. Although:

I really want to make lots of money and have a hot tub someday, but SSI subtracts my paychecks from my SSI benefits, so I don’t have much to put into a savings account.
I will agree that that ^ is bullshit. It is one of the many things that discourages people from working. why work, if you are going to get it for free without? I'd prefer they let the kid keep her full SSI benefits and allowed to work to better herself.

KingRobbStark
10-02-2012, 08:09 AM
This letter is retarded. Her parents probably wrote it.

tangent4ronpaul
10-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Agreed. Although:

I will agree that that ^ is bullshit. It is one of the many things that discourages people from working. why work, if you are going to get it for free without? I'd prefer they let the kid keep her full SSI benefits and allowed to work to better herself.

I used to work in a grocery store. We had a mentally retarded girl working there, but I am rather certain that the store got NO compensation for her being there. It was just community service on the stores part.

-t

kathy88
10-02-2012, 08:21 AM
She probably works at a goodwill industries store. My father ran a camp for mentally handicapped kids every summer when I was growing up. Most had downs. I volunteered every day, I just loved working there. Some of the parents were insane, though, about the abilities of their children. I later took some special education classes when pursuing a teaching degree (I bailed with my BA), and the advocates for these folks are like rabid dogs. Turned me off completely.

She looks like a wonderful person. Too bad her mother is using her for a political statement.

Origanalist
10-02-2012, 08:22 AM
No kidding. The liberal blogs were full of Palin hate because she didn't abort her Down's Syndrome baby, that's for sure.

I had forgotten all about that. There was a lot of pretty sick things being said.

Danke
10-02-2012, 08:23 AM
You won't see much of this lady at the upcoming debate I suspect:

Or this poor deluded soul reveling in her chains:

It's all about shaping the narrative like they say. :)

Second video is a parody of the type of person in the first video.

AuH20
10-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Second video is a parody of the type of person in the first video.

Glowzell. It's apparently a satirical schtick.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Glowzell. It's apparently a satirical schtick.

It was pretty funny, really.