PDA

View Full Version : TRN moves Jerry Doyle into Savage timeslot

sailingaway
10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/110891/trn-moves-jerry-doyle-into-savage-slot

sounds like they might have been taking a couple of shots at Savage in their press release, or am I reading that in?

TALK RADIO NETWORK has announced that it is moving JERRY DOYLE's show to 3-6p (PT) TONIGHT (10/1) as its replacement for MICHAEL SAVAGE, who exited the syndicator last week after winning his lawsuit over his contract with the company (NET NEWS 9/28).

In a press release, the network said, "Today begins the first in a series of changes to bring talk radio firmly into the 21st century. For too long, we’ve had to choose between ratings and salability, but no longer. Today the 6th largest syndicated talk show in America replaces what was the 3rd largest show, and in so doing, stations will get more light and less heat, a show that they can sell locally with pride, but also a show that will respect its stations, advertisers and audiences with a brilliance that sets great shows apart from good ones."

On DOYLE's appeal, the release said that the show "is eminently saleable. He understands the advertising business like few others; Jerry is a triple-rated WILLIAM MORRIS AGENCY voiceover artist who has voiced national ads for AT&T, CHEVROLET, TGI FRIDAYS, ANHEISER-BUSCH, PANASONIC, THE US ARMED FORCES and many others. JERRY will work with his stations reading their ads and promos, because he understands radio isn’t about host ego, it’s about high levels of performance, and it’s about business. JERRY shows up five days a week, three full hours a day because his work ethic is second to none."

more at link

RDM
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Good for Jerry.

trey4sports
10-01-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/110891/trn-moves-jerry-doyle-into-savage-slot

sounds like they might have been taking a couple of shots at Savage in their press release, or am I reading that in?

more at link

lol, yeah it definitely feels that way. A little passive-aggressive jab at Michael for sure.

specsaregood
10-01-2012, 09:35 PM
great news, congrats Mr. Doyle!

Brian4Liberty
10-01-2012, 09:43 PM
It will be good to hear Jerry more often. I used to listen to him when he first started doing political radio, and he has learned a lot since then...

BlackTerrel
10-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Don't listen to radio personally but this is very good news. Good for Jerry and good for us.

NewRightLibertarian
10-02-2012, 01:04 AM
How much more exposure does this mean for Jerry Doyle?

fr33
10-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Wasn't Doyle on satellite radio before? He was never on the radio here locally. I'll have to check if he will now be on the air here in this area.

FSP-Rebel
10-02-2012, 09:52 AM
How much more exposure does this mean for Jerry Doyle?
This is what I wonder. Talkers has him currently listed @ #16 on the Heavy 100 list and apparently has 3.75 million listeners. Great news!

wgadget
10-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Yes, good for Jerry.

Unfortunately, the station that Savage used to be on here, 640WGST, is now an all-Spanish station.

?????

Shane Harris
10-02-2012, 10:07 AM
great news! Which time slot is he on E.T

Keith and stuff
10-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Fantastic news!