PDA

View Full Version : The American Conservative: As Obama Blunders, Romney Implodes

sailingaway
10-01-2012, 08:16 PM
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/as-obama-blunders-romney-implodes/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=as-obama-blunders-romney-implodes

Bruno
10-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Worth the read!

angelatc
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Ultimately, for various reasons, Perry flailed and Romney (in all likelihood) imploded — discrediting both. Yet neither of those failings bear on whether Obama was in fact vulnerable, as had been previously assumed. Because his vulnerabilities were indeed profound. However, the opposition party is so mired in its own ideological self-destruction — a fixation on conspiracy theories, ultra-nationalism, religious zealotry, and so forth — that its presidential nominee has proven utterly unable to capitalize.

Heh. Nailed it.

supermario21
10-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Good article. I just hope that if we lose we don't go back to nominating a Santorum. The only thing that scares me more than 4 more years of Obama is if the GOP establishment move even more towards the neocon right.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
But almost nothing about his first term in office suggests that Obama took seriously his core supporters’ yearning for less killing, destruction, or invasions of other sovereign nations. Instead, he dramatically expanded many of the most offending Bush-era programs, thereby sanctifying them with bipartisan consensus. He failed to close Guantanamo Bay as promised, unleashed a torrent of lethal (and not exactly “surgical,” as the Administration claims) drone strikes on innocent Pakistanis and Yemenis, authorized an attack on Libya in open defiance of Congress, and the list goes on.

At the Republican National Convention, when delegates cheered Clint Eastwood’s bizarre quip that the U.S. ought to withdraw from Afghanistan “tomorrow morning,” it was largely on account of their primal anti-Obama passions. But at the same time, there’s certainly mounting discomfort with perpetual war swirling even among the GOP’s more stridently authoritarian constituencies — to say nothing of the ostracized Ron Paul movement.

michaelwise
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
This election is a referendum on how the main stream media is, and how futile their efforts are at trying to socially engineer, brainwash, and mind control us.

But we Internet generation know the truth. We also know how horrible the MSM selection of their two candidates are, and is ultimately a referendum on the owners of the MSM and what we think of them.

acptulsa
10-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Good article. I just hope that if we lose we don't go back to nominating a Santorum. The only thing that scares me more than 4 more years of Obama is if the GOP establishment move even more towards the neocon right.

What's so scary about that? If the GOP becomes more neocon, it dries up and blows away. Then we're left with only one political party, kind of like the Soviet Union.

Meanwhile, right now, we have two political parties that act just like one political party, and effectively are one political party, kind of like the Soviet Union.