PDA

View Full Version : "Brave" Philadelphia Cop punches Lady in the Face (video)

Joey Fuller
10-01-2012, 07:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX_6eJ-QJLY

Someone to the left of the screen throws water on the cops. A cop turns around and punches the first person he sees in the face. Without any questioning or assessment of the situation, the cop punches a lady in the face and bloodies her nose. It is clear that she was not the one tossing the water on the cops. The innocent lady with the bloody nose is then hauled off in handcuffs.

This is what a Police State looks like

acptulsa
10-01-2012, 08:22 AM
So, she was charged with obstruction of 'justice' for getting in the way of his fist?

jkr
10-01-2012, 08:29 AM
so
when do we call in the UN "humanitarian" bombing?

its for the chidrenz

coastie
10-01-2012, 08:32 AM
In America, the only thing that will happen is you'll more than likely be put on youtube, and that's pretty much it.

Until people start coming out of those crowds, and start fucking leveling piece of shit thugs like that for doing these things, we'll just keep having these cool youtube videos of our own being dragged off by these thugs, while no one does anything to stop it.:mad::mad::mad:

Oh...read my sig, this guy falls there.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't know. That woman looked pretty menacing to me, the cop was just trying to make sure he made it home safe.

VBRonPaulFan
10-01-2012, 08:41 AM
In America, the only thing that will happen is you'll more than likely be put on youtube, and that's pretty much it.

Until people start coming out of those crowds, and start fucking leveling piece of shit thugs like that for doing these things, we'll just keep having these cool youtube videos of our own being dragged off by these thugs, while no one does anything to stop it.:mad::mad::mad:

+1, if I saw that happen and I was there, it'd be really hard for me to keep myself from bumrushing that asshole.

Dick Chaney
10-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Why are none of these protests being shown in the mainstream media? Don't answer that question, I already know the answer.

Dr.3D
10-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Well you know, that water must have hurt more than getting punched in the face.

/s

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM

I have a feeling this is going to start happening soon. And the government wants it, in fact they are orchestrating it, you don't think all that ammo they've been purchasing is intended for invading Canadians do you?

QuickZ06
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
What the heck was Daywalker (Blade) thinking............o wait, he wasn't. One of his own should have jacked HIM in the face.......o wait, they must all be 'bad" apples.

Dick Chaney
10-01-2012, 08:49 AM
What a patriot -- that's right, beat up that women, she's a terrorist, how dare she express her first amendment rights.

coastie
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
What the heck was Daywalker (Blade) thinking............o wait, he wasn't. One of his own should have jacked HIM in the face.......o wait, they must all be 'bad" apples.

You can tell by the body language of the two closest two him that they KNEW he was wrong for that, but are bitches themselves. You would've had a RUDE awakening if you pulled some shit like that in front of me while we were on a boarding in the CG. We acted a lot more professionally than these idiots though.

coastie
10-01-2012, 08:55 AM
+1, if I saw that happen and I was there, it'd be really hard for me to keep myself from bumrushing that asshole.

If that was my wife or daughter(or anyone else, really)- I'd be in jail or dead right now.

Where are the MEN in that crowd? Real men... not the Philly kind of men I see now.

specsaregood
10-01-2012, 08:59 AM
//

proudclod229
10-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Like somebody else said, it'd be tempting to bring justice right there and then.

She'll probably win a civil suit, and the officer will get a vacation. HOORAY..and for what? she didn't do a damned thing.

Now if that was my sister, or a lady i knew...heh. That doesn't fly. Whip out the lightsabre!!!!

thoughtomator
10-01-2012, 09:16 AM
I keep waiting for the day one of these protests comes with its own sniper cover.

Either way, this is all the more reason to avoid cops in everything you do. Even crossing the street at the wrong time can be grounds for them to assault and kidnap you.

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 09:40 AM
I hate the death penalty, but I wouldn't mind seeing it used on any officer who pulls crap like this.

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 09:41 AM
What i want to know is why the cop isnt' in jail. Seems like a clear cut case of battery to me.

Dude, c'mon. The law doesn't apply to cops. You know that.

jbauer
10-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Water does melt the wicked which of the west. Might it do the same to the wicked cops of the NE?

Well you know, that water must have hurt more than getting punched in the face.

/s

jbauer
10-01-2012, 10:27 AM
If that was my wife or daughter(or anyone else, really)- I'd be in jail or dead right now.

Where are the MEN in that crowd? Real men... not the Philly kind of men I see now.

Scared of the 20 cops with weapons looking right back at them.

FrancisMarion
10-01-2012, 10:38 AM

Did you notice where the right hand was? It was not on a baton.

I bet she got arrested for disorderly conduct. That is the biggest bunch of bullshit charge ever conceived. A charge must be more specific. It must go.

Henry Rogue
10-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Thin blue line my a$$, that's a thick blue blanket and it's smothering.

AGRP
10-01-2012, 10:57 AM
She got what was coming to her. Those jeans are so 10 years ago.

CaptainAmerica
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
stupid pigs.

coastie
10-01-2012, 11:17 AM

You must've missed the part where I said "men".

AGRP
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Without the video no one would have objected to whatever trumped up lies they charged her with. I guess their next victim is the person who recorded the battery. Theyll charge them with wire tapping.

puppetmaster
10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
hope that cop gets it back tenfold

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Not to shift blame from the cop, but the woman was probably an annoying SOB who had it coming one way or another. This isn't to say that the cop shouldn't be locked up, or worse, for life, though. He's a dangerous scumbag.

aGameOfThrones
10-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Did you see the color of the Shirt the hero was wearing? Did you also see the 95% of good cops outraged when that lady was being assaulted?

There was no Regina Tasca there.

Philhelm
10-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I have a feeling this is going to start happening soon. And the government wants it, in fact they are orchestrating it, you don't think all that ammo they've been purchasing is intended for invading Canadians do you?

Don't tease me like that.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Not to shift blame from the cop, but the woman was probably an annoying SOB who had it coming one way or another. This isn't to say that the cop shouldn't be locked up, or worse, for life, though. He's a dangerous scumbag.

That is just so wrong. How in the world did she deserved being punched in the mouth by a policeman???????? I can't even believe you said that.

Philhelm
10-01-2012, 12:35 PM
stupid pigs.

Simple but timeless.

Dr.3D
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
She got what was coming to her. Those jeans are so 10 years ago.
Oh no, not the style police. "You are out of style, we much punish you."

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Make no mistake - the cops are the domestic military arm of the Government, and they aren't your friends. There's a reason the Government is militarizing police forces. Just read Henry's speech and note the parallels.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2211276/Puerto-Rican-Day-Parade-Cop-floored-woman-single-punch-thought-threw-water-him.html

This is the shocking moment a police sergeant punched a young woman in the face because he thought she sprayed silly string at him during a peaceful parade.

The video was recorded during yesterday's 50th anniversary Puerto Rican Day parade in Philadelphia - where around 1,500 people were in attendance.

The 36-second clip shows a number of people milling around enjoying the festivities in the 'City of Brotherly Love'.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/01/article-2211276-154BBC63000005DC-633_634x358.jpg

AGRP
10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I hate to judge books by their covers, but every person wearing blue with funny hats in the picture doesn't look like the brightest tool in the shed.

Sola_Fide
10-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Won't his punishment be "paid leave" or something? I wish I got paid leave.

squarepusher
10-01-2012, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn0mrdmXZI

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/10r54d/police_brutality_in_philadelphia_officer_sucker/

AlexAmore
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I hate to judge books by their covers, but every person wearing blue with funny hats in the picture doesn't look like the brightest tool in the shed.

Wasn't there a case where a man sued because he got a high IQ score and disqualified him from being a police officer? They don't want smart people because they can think things through.

Brian4Liberty
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
No question, the cop needs to be fired and charged with battery.

If you watch the footage closely, it looks like the woman may have a can of "Silly String" or something in her hand. No way to tell if she sprayed it. A moment after that, a guy in black shorts and jacket squirts water from a water bottle and they all react to that. The dude runs away, as is almost always the case in these situations. Cowards and bullies are easy to find on either side of a confrontation. The cop turns and hits the first person he sees, which is also a common occurrence. Instigators take pleasure in starting violence, not necessarily being directly involved in the melee that follows.

brushfire
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
...To serve and protect.

Her a$$ been served!

CCTelander
10-01-2012, 03:06 PM
What i want to know is why the cop isnt' in jail. Seems like a clear cut case of battery to me.

Come on! You know the answer to this as well as I do.

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 03:14 PM
That is just so wrong. How in the world did she deserved being punched in the mouth by a policeman???????? I can't even believe you said that.

Well, I mean, she does that Apollo Creed hop then leans in to say something. I'm sure it wasn't "And a good day to you, officer!" I'm talking completely without knowledge here, but I would assume that she's the type of person who has run her mouth without consequence for most of her life, as some women do. This one happened to get popped for it. From a few seconds of video, she seems like that kind of broad.

Again, I'm not condoning what the cop did. He's a savage pig who should be locked up, or worse.

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
In all seriousness, if she did spray silly string at the cops -which she didn't- should she have been punched in the face for it?

No reasonable person would answer that with "yes."

pcosmar
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
In all seriousness, if she did spray silly string at the cops -which she didn't- should she have been punched in the face for it?

No reasonable person would answer that with "yes."

Fuck No.
It was a street party. a celebration.

Now the video clearly shows she did NOTHING,, but silly string,?,, You can't be serious.
If you are then you are a truly sick fuck.

brushfire
10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Well, I mean, she does that Apollo Creed hop then leans in to say something. I'm sure it wasn't "And a good day to you, officer!" I'm talking completely without knowledge here, but I would assume that she's the type of person who has run her mouth without consequence for most of her life, as some women do. This one happened to get popped for it. From a few seconds of video, she seems like that kind of broad.

Awe, come on man? Sure, there is a perspective that we dont have here, whatever that may be, but I doubt it would justify the officer punching her in the face as she's walking away... That officer should be given a fair trial - if found guilty, he should lose his badge, face criminal charges, and then civil penalties on top of that - just like the rest of us. That woman was no threat to him, there's no case for defense.

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Awe, come on man? Sure, there is a perspective that we dont have here, whatever that may be, but I doubt it would justify the officer punching her in the face as she's walking away... That officer should be given a fair trial - if found guilty, he should lose his badge, face criminal charges, and then civil penalties on top of that - just like the rest of us. That woman was no threat to him, there's no case for defense.

I agree completely, I'm just saying she probably had this coming anyway. Usually in cases like this the victim is also a jerk, though the cop is orders of magnitude worse.

tod evans
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 04:08 PM
I agree completely, I'm just saying she probably had this coming anyway. Usually in cases like this the victim is also a jerk, though the cop is orders of magnitude worse.

Wow, deny until you die eh? No King, she did not have it coming. Now say it after me, you can do it.....

QuickZ06
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM

Ummmm, no.

pcosmar
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM

Any man that strikes a woman like that needs to be put down like a rabid dog.
There is no excuse.

:(

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Wow, deny until you die eh? No King, she did not have it coming. Now say it after me, you can do it.....

Eh, she's seems like the kind of person who routinely runs her mouth because there's never a consequence to doing so.

But, again, I would never defend what the cop did and if you scroll a few pages back I probably made a stronger cry for just than anyone else in this thread when I said I wouldn't be against the death penalty in this instance even though I disdain capital punishment.

Dr.3D
10-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Eh, she's seems like the kind of person who routinely runs her mouth because there's never a consequence to doing so.

There never should be a consequence for running ones mouth. It's called free speech!

VoluntaryAmerican
10-01-2012, 04:18 PM
The white shirt means he's a lead officer, right? No wonder the blue shirt cops just stand by like cowards, that's their leader.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM

But, again, I would never defend what the cop did and if you scroll a few pages back I probably made a stronger cry for just than anyone else in this thread when I said I wouldn't be against the death penalty in this instance even though I disdain capital punishment.

That's equally rediculous. The cop no more deserves the death penalty for belting the woman than the womon "had it coming" from the cop. Prison? Yes, death penalty? No.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Any man that strikes a woman like that needs to be put down like a rabid dog.
There is no excuse.

:(

At least test him for rabies, frigging Cujo.

tod evans
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
There never should be a consequence for running ones mouth. It's called free speech!

I'll sure enough punch a man in the mouth who lips off, won't bat an eye either.

However I'll get away from a mouthy woman, not punch her.

Dr.3D
10-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I'll sure enough punch a man in the mouth who lips off, won't bat an eye either.

However I'll get away from a mouthy woman, not punch her.
So you would become physically aggressive if a guy says something you don't like? Myself, I just ignore those kinds of people.

tod evans
10-01-2012, 05:12 PM
So you would become physically aggressive if a guy says something you don't like? Myself, I just ignore those kinds of people.

Depends on what's said to whom..........And my mood, the phase of the moon, whether I got laid, etc....

But yeah I've started many fights, got my ass handed to me too.

I don't tolerate obnoxious people and if they're in my face I'll get them out of it.

Not very [insert politically correct grouping here] but I'm to old and set in my ways to give a damn.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Where are the MEN in that crowd?

Gone.

For forty years now we've been told we are worthless, our jobs, our identities, our roles in society, family and culture, the things by which we define ourselves gone, shut down, or merged into a new cosmopolitan goulash of gender neutral crap.

There was a reason it was women on the old slave plantations who actually ran the show.

Keeps all the uppity young bucks in line, de-moralized and castrated.

Today, we just put them on the school to prison express, with a little side trip to Ritalin-ville.

awake
10-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Get out of the cities when the US austerity riots start.

kathy88
10-01-2012, 06:17 PM
So much fail in this thread.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Gone.

For forty years now we've been told we are worthless, our jobs, our identities, our roles in society, family and culture, the things by which we define ourselves gone, shut down, or merged into a new cosmopolitan goulash of gender neutral crap.

There was a reason it was women on the old slave plantations who actually ran the show.

Keeps all the uppity young bucks in line, de-moralized and castrated.

Today, we just put them on the school to prison express, with a little side trip to Ritalin-ville.

This place needs a rep scale, +10!

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 07:26 PM

As do I, but a rather large portion of humanity does not behave that way. Typically, there are consequences to the running of one's mouth, and men learn this at a young age. Women do not, hence their tendency to mouth-off. When all social norms or threats from the law are gone (as was the case here) they suffer consequences. That is not to say I condone those consequences, just that they aren't always unexpected.

pcosmar
10-01-2012, 07:32 PM
As do I, but a rather large portion of humanity does not behave that way. Typically, there are consequences to the running of one's mouth, and men learn this at a young age. Women do not, hence their tendency to mouth-off. When all social norms or threats from the law are gone (as was the case here) they suffer consequences. That is not to say I condone those consequences, just that they aren't always unexpected.

Except she was hit for a perceived action (incorrectly) not for what she did or didn't say.
And even IF, she was the one with the party favors (silly string// or water) it is still neither justification nor excuse to punch her in the mouth.
It was totally unjustifiable,, unnecessary and just plain WRONG.

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Except she was hit for a perceived action (incorrectly) not for what she did or didn't say.
And even IF, she was the one with the party favors (silly string// or water) it is still neither justification nor excuse to punch her in the mouth.
It was totally unjustifiable,, unnecessary and just plain WRONG.

Yes, I completely agree. I am not denying that. All I said was that she reminds me of most of the people who have this coming.
The cop is a total scumbag and he is ultimately the person at fault.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes, I completely agree. I am not denying that. All I said was that she reminds me of most of the people who have this coming.
The cop is a total scumbag and he is ultimately the person at fault.

What the hell is wrong with you? Where in that video do you see anything at all that suggests she "had it coming"?

DerailingDaTrain
10-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Do you hate women KingNothing?

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Where in that video do you see anything at all that suggests she "had it coming"?

Eh, I think it was the Apollo Creed shuffle followed by the lean in to shout at the cops. To me it implies that her mouth routinely writes checks that she can't cash.

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 08:02 PM

Nah, just people who cause problems for no reason.

Every actor in that video was foolish, most of all the cop. He deserves to be punished. The girl deserves to be compensated for her troubles, and the guy who sprayed silly string at the cop will probably catch a fist with his face like the girl did, from a cop or a mundane, at some point. It's just the way of things. And when it eventually happens, if someone posts a video of it on youtube, I'll shrug and say the same thing - he probably had it coming, but the person who acted out in unnecessary violence is the biggest piece of crap in the clip.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Eh, I think it was the Apollo Creed shuffle followed by the lean in to shout at the cops. To me it implies that her mouth routinely writes checks that she can't cash.

You've got issues dude. Stay away from my neighborhood.

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 08:10 PM

No, but I do appreciate this clip. Burr's whole act makes me laugh so hard that I hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z3bnZkHuI0&feature=fvsr

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 08:15 PM
You've got issues dude. Stay away from my neighborhood.

You're honestly telling me that you've never known someone who routinely acts in a manner that causes trouble and ultimately caught a fist for it? Really? Again, this isn't to excuse the violence. In this case, and in most cases like this, there is no real threat and no reason to escalate force. All I'm saying is that most actions fallible humans make don't come as a total surprise, and neither do the effects of those actions.

Origanalist
10-01-2012, 08:19 PM
You're honestly telling me that you've never known someone who routinely acts in a manner that causes trouble and ultimately caught a fist for it? Really? Again, this isn't to excuse the violence. In this case, and in most cases like this, there is no real threat and no reason to escalate force. All I'm saying is that most actions fallible humans make don't come as a total surprise.

I'm honestly telling you that in my world any "man" that does that to a woman is going to get the living shit beat out of him. I don't care what she said.

KingNothing
10-01-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm honestly telling you that in my world any "man" that does that to a woman is going to get the living shit beat out of him. I don't care what she said.

Yes, and? People should never hit anyone, especially women. But people do hit each other, and people do hit women. It happens. When does this violence usually happen? Again, I doubt she said "nice day today, isn't it sir?" There are things people can do to mitigate the likelihood of such horrendous and dangerous events. When all parties involved decide to eschew what is proper, bad things happen. You can't always rely on other peoples' decorum to prevent unfortunate events. She probably could have been smarter. She opted to put herself into a situation that everyone on this board knows is dangerous. The cop CERTAINLY could have been smarter and less of a pig. For his atrocious actions he deserves stiff punishment.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2012, 08:39 PM
http://www.lolonmywall.com/wp-content/uploads/snooki-gets-knocked-out.gif

Anti Federalist
10-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Get out of the cities when before the US austerity riots start.

FTFY

Tod
10-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Everybody call the District Attorney Seth Williams' secretary @ 215-686-8701 and politely but firmly let ask her to relay to the DA that this Bad Cop should not be able to retire. Charges need to be filed and this COP needs to be arrested. If it were you or I we would be charged. http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/meetTheDA.html

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Everybody call the District Attorney Seth Williams' secretary @ 215-686-8701 and politely but firmly let ask her to relay to the DA that this Bad Cop should not be able to retire. Charges need to be filed and this COP needs to be arrested. If it were you or I we would be charged. http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/meetTheDA.html

There you have the key that most people are not aware of. In the rare occurrences where they are "let go", it usually includes a full pension, and often a disability pension where they don't get taxed on 50% of the income either. They are then free to go get a job with another Department if they want.

PaulConventionWV
10-02-2012, 11:52 AM

You have the audacity to make value judgments on the woman right now? Seriously not cool.

PaulConventionWV
10-02-2012, 11:58 AM

Again, I'm not condoning what the cop did. He's a savage pig who should be locked up, or worse.

Or maybe she just doesn't like cops. That doesn't make her a bitch. How can you possibly make judgments about the woman from, in your own words "a few seconds of video."

PaulConventionWV
10-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Fuck No.
It was a street party. a celebration.

Now the video clearly shows she did NOTHING,, but silly string,?,, You can't be serious.
If you are then you are a truly sick fuck.

I think you need to read his post a little more carefully. He didn't say what you thought he said.

brushfire
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
http://www.lolonmywall.com/wp-content/uploads/snooki-gets-knocked-out.gif

For a second I thought RPF was selling MTV some ad space.

AGRP
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Update:

"Dont be a hero. Ive already got one under my belt. Dont be another." -Woman beater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6_I79hwE4

specsaregood
10-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Update:
"Dont be a hero. Ive already got one under my belt. Dont be another." -Woman beater

Lol @ the newscaster. "the video that seemed to show a highway patrol officer slugging a woman in the face" Yeah, it only seemed to show that. Is that portion in dispute by any of the parties?

pcosmar
10-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I think you need to read his post a little more carefully. He didn't say what you thought he said.

I have read several of his posts,,

I'm just saying she probably had this coming anyway.

I just do not agree with it. and am opposed to the very concept of it.

Origanalist
10-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Lol @ the newscaster. "the video that seemed to show a highway patrol officer slugging a woman in the face" Yeah, it only seemed to show that. Is that portion in dispute by any of the parties?

Watching the whole video just goes to show this cop should not have been a cop for quite a while. Yet there he is still beating people.

Oh and king, it blows your nonsense clear out of the water.

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Update:

Update: his superiors need to be fired too.

aGameOfThrones
10-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Update:

So he's a career citizen beater? Seems like a good cop.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Update:

I notice the news station made the video shittier in quality than it was originally, probably so you couldn't tell the victim's face was bloody.

specsaregood
10-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Update: his superiors need to be fired too.
And IA as well. 20 IA investigations and he's still got his badge? This thing is gonna end up costing taxpayers a lot of money, all those 20 people that filed IA complaints are no doubt talking to lawyers already.

KingNothing
10-02-2012, 03:08 PM

I don't understand why he is taking offense to my statement that no one should be punched for spraying silly string. I just assumed that you're correct and he misunderstood me.

KingNothing
10-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Watching the whole video just goes to show this cop should not have been a cop for quite a while. Yet there he is still beating people.

Oh and king, it blows your nonsense clear out of the water.

The video is immaterial to my point, but it does highlight the cop's glowing record. This thug needs to be behind bars before he kills someone... or, kills again, I guess.

sherrie
10-02-2012, 03:39 PM
disgusting

HOLLYWOOD
10-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Update: his superiors need to be fired too.Wish and it does come true... Video Cameras are your Defense, remember that.

http://yhoo.it/RChkr4

http://news.yahoo.com/philadelphia-officer-punched-woman-fired-214220999--abc-news-topstories.html

Philadelphia Officer Who Punched Woman to Be Fired
By CHRISTINA NG

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/eSxxGoSrt3rLtQ9pbRR.zQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzYwO2NyPTE7Y3c9NjQwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0zNTU7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/gma/us.abcnews.go.com/abc_wpvi_philadelphia_police_punch_woman_2_ll_1210 01_wmain.jpg
(http://news.yahoo.com/photos/philadelphia-officer-punched-woman-good-cop-police-photo-172536874--abc-news-topstories.html;_ylt=AvjFZUH.6TTYO6a0QRF.l.LNt.d_; _ylu=X3oDMTQ5YzlwbDVwBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIFJlbGF0ZWQgT GVhZARwa2cDNWU2MjYyMjktZGI0ZC0zZTkyLTk0N2EtMDY5OTB kYmJiNjRmBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNNZWRpYUFydGljbGVMZWFkVGVtc AR2ZXIDNWQ0MDRhZTAtMGNkOC0xMWUyLWJiN2EtYjM0YzQyZjg 1ZmRm;_ylg=X3oDMTMwOGVxbDFoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi1 1cwRwc3RhaWQDMzFiNDY0MDItMDE0Ny0zNzRjLTgwMjEtOTI4Z TVmOTIwZTczBHBzdGNhdANlbnRlcnRhaW5tZW50BHB0A3N0b3J 5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3) The Philadelphia cop caught on video punching a woman in the face (http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/woman-punched-cop-caught-tape-17369584) will be fired, according to ABC News' Philadelphia station WPVI. (http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8834445)
A video posted on YouTube shows Lt. Jonathan Josey punching a woman in the face and knocking her to the ground (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/philly-officer-caught-video-hitting-woman-17369988) before she is led off bloodied and handcuffed.

Earlier today, the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office said it intends to drop the disorderly conduct charge against the woman who was hit.
The woman was identified as Aida Gusman, 39, a mother of three and domestic worker, according to ABC News' Philadelphia station WPVI. (http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8831156) She denied throwing anything at police and said she did not know why she was punched.

"I'm 40 years old. I don't have time to play games like that," Gusman told WPVI earlier in the week. In addition to her facial injury, she has cuts and bruises on her arm and hand.
The video was taken at Sunday's Puerto Rican Day Parade.
The video shows a crowd of blue-shirted police officers standing in the middle of a street, around a car. Someone on the left appears to throw something resembling silly string or a liquid on the cops. An officer in a white shirt rushes out of the crowd and goes after a woman with long, dark hair and a black T-shirt.

Her back is to the camera so it is unclear if she was saying anything to him. The officer appears to punch her in the face and then hit her in the back of the head. She falls to the ground where two officers apprehend her and lead her off. As she passes the camera, blood can be seen streaming down her face.

A fellow officer had called Josey, a 19-year veteran of the force, a "good cop."
"If I was in a jam, I'd want him backing me up," Lt. Ray Evers told ABCNews.com. "He's a good cop, but the video speaks for itself and the investigation will reveal whatever it reveals."

Josey, 39, has had 13 complaints made against him over his career, but Evers said that it is hard to quantify whether that is a lot, a little or average. He said it is not entirely unusual for officers who have frequent contact with people in rougher neighborhoods to have complaints made against them.
He said the 13 complaints against Josey range from verbal abuse to physical abuse.
"It's hard to decide if that's a lot or a little," Evers said. "Most were unfounded or not sustained."
The YouTube video, titled "Philadelphia Police Brutality" (http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8831156) was posted on Sept. 30 and has been viewed over one million times.

brandon
10-04-2012, 10:39 AM
The commissioner is moving to fire him, which is awesome. But the FOP is going to take it to court and I'm guessing a year or two down the road after everyone has forgotten about this, the cop will end up back on the force and get back pay for the time he wasn't working.

aGameOfThrones
10-04-2012, 12:05 PM
A fellow officer had called Josey, a 19-year veteran of the force, a "good cop."
"If I was in a jam, I'd want him backing me up," Lt. Ray Evers told ABCNews.com. "He's a good cop, but the video speaks for itself and the investigation will reveal whatever it reveals."

LOL

You mean cover-up

Anti Federalist
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Police union plans party for cop fired after punching woman

10/12/2012 11:47 AM

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/news/local/&id=173832411&viewAll=y#more

BY DANA DiFILIPPO

Philadelphia Daily News

Daily News Staff Writer

WHEN PHILADELPHIA police Lt. Jonathan D. Josey II punched a woman last month and a video of the incident went viral, Commissioner Charles Ramsey called it "troubling" and fired him.

Mayor Nutter was "horrified" and apologized to victim Aida Guzman, and protesters rallied with "We are all Aida" signs.

But Fraternal Order of Police members, apparently, are "all Josey."

The police union will fete the 19-year veteran with a $30-per-person benefit Oct. 28. "Come On Out and Support ONE OF OUR OWN" reads a flier inviting officers to the five-hour, Sunday-afternoon event at the FOP Hall on Spring Garden near Broad. Proceeds will help Josey with living expenses, because he no longer gets a paycheck, FOP President John McNesby said.

"You're kidding me, right?" City Councilwoman Maria Quinones-Sanchez said of the benefit.

"While I understand that the FOP has to defend one of its own, I am extremely disappointed because this will appear that they are condoning the very visible actions of Josey, which hurts the image of their good officers," added Sanchez, who represents the district where the incident occurred.

Retired Philadelphia police Capt. Ray Lewis, who has been caught up in a dispute with the FOP sparked by his involvement with the Occupy Wall Street movement, called the benefit "unbelievable, but it's no surprise."

Lewis, a 24-year veteran with no blemishes on his record, enraged the FOP last year by wearing his uniform to Occupy protests in Philly and New York. McNesby called for his arrest and filed a grievance that could have resulted in his ouster from the union.

"It's a shame. Here you have this guy caught on video sucker- punching this woman and the FOP is going to stand by him," Lewis said.

But McNesby blasted any suggestion that the benefit is inappropriate.

"It was inappropriate for the city to apologize to this woman and drop the charges until the investigation was complete," McNesby said. "And we still don't believe it's a fireable offense."

He emphasized the event isn't an official FOP benefit, even though it's being advertised on FOP letterhead and the union's website. Rather, "it's a benefit that is going to be held at the FOP hall, by officers and co-workers. They're using our building."

Still, he added, "we are in support of it."

The union often rallies behind cops whom police commissioners fire through direct action, because union officials say such dismissals deny cops due process. Such firings also often get overturned in arbitration hearings.

In March 2010 the FOP hosted a free happy-hour celebration when four officers - fired for beating three suspects in an incident caught by a news helicopter - won their jobs back in arbitration.

In the more recent videotaped incident, Josey, 40, a supervisor in the Highway Patrol unit, was among a group of officers doing crowd-control Sept. 30 after the Puerto Rican Day Parade when someone sprayed something that appeared to be liquid or Silly String on them at 5th Street and Lehigh Avenue in North Philly.

A 36-second YouTube video caught what came next: Josey spotted Guzman walking away and punched her in the head twice from behind. From the video, it's unclear if Guzman threw anything. The punch sent Guzman, 39, to the ground with a bloody lip. She was handcuffed and charged with disorderly conduct. The District Attorney's Office later dropped the charge, and Josey was suspended with intent to dismiss.

Guzman's attorney, Enrique Latoison, said he had no strong objection to the benefit.

"It would have been nice for him to reach out and apologize for his actions. And we don't think he should be reinstated, that's for sure," Latoison said. "But as a defense attorney, I understand that his people are going to defend him and look out for him."

aGameOfThrones
10-12-2012, 01:24 PM
"Come On Out and Support ONE OF OUR OWN" reads a flier inviting officers to the five-hour, Sunday-afternoon event at the FOP Hall on Spring Garden near Broad. Proceeds will help Josey with living expenses, because he no longer gets a paycheck, FOP President John McNesby said.

"While I understand that the FOP has to defend one of its own, I am extremely disappointed because this will appear that they are condoning the very visible actions of Josey, which hurts the image of their good officers," added Sanchez, who represents the district where the incident occurred.

LOL