PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is an official write in candidate in Maine

QFish
09-30-2012, 12:56 PM
I received word this morning that Ron Paul is an official write in candidate in Maine. Pretty cool, huh! Maine did everything they needed to do to get him on the ballot and they also got a Vice President on the ballot. They were even able to get the 4 electors who will go to the electoral college if Ron Paul were to win Maine.

You can see it here: http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/2012/writeinnov2012.pdf

So, if you are in Maine, you can write in Ron Paul for President and Mark Willis for Vice President. Mark Willis is Maine’s new national committeeman.

I think it would just be great if Ron Paul won Maine in November. Most likely it won’t make a difference in the general election, but at least Maine could send a message to the Nation as to who we really want as President. If only we all could move to Maine just for November.

You can also hear a short radio broadcast about this at this link: http://www.hark.com/clips/lrqqyjpygy-ronpaulmaine

sailingaway
09-30-2012, 12:57 PM
WOOT!!

Go Maine!!

We are working on California as well. I don't know what you mean by 'on the ballot' though, he wouldn't be on the ballot here but if someone asks for the list of official write in candidates we expect him to be on it. We are putting together the paperwork, and I understand at least one other group is also doing this, and I am going to try to get in touch with them on Monday to see if we need to coordinate etc.

thatpeculiarcat
09-30-2012, 02:32 PM
That is pretty sweet!

Ron will probably only end up getting around 2% of the vote in Maine though. Mostly likely an easy Obama victory.

sailingaway
09-30-2012, 03:24 PM
It is hard to get people to vote for a write in. But it is good to have the option when you can't bear voting for any of the others.

RonPaulMall
10-01-2012, 12:09 AM
I think it would just be great if Ron Paul won Maine in November. Most likely it won’t make a difference in the general election, but at least Maine could send a message to the Nation as to who we really want as President. If only we all could move to Maine just for November.

You realize that Ron Paul pretty much tied Romney in Maine Caucus, when he was on the ballot, when he was actually campaigning, when the voters were limited to Republicans and when the format was the more daunting caucus style that gives us a huge advantage? So yeah, it would great if Ron Paul won Maine in November. It would also be great if a magic warlock descends from the sky in November and installs Ron Paul as Dictator for Life. Both events are equally likely. What this is really "great" for is the small number of Maine voters who want to and will write in Ron Paul in November, and that is genuinely good news for them. But if you honestly think Ron Paul has a chance in hell of winning Maine as a write in candidate you are beyond delusional. Ron Paul got around 2,000 votes in the Caucus. Obama got 422,000 votes in Maine last election. So yeah, all he'd have to do is have every single supporter who voted for him in the caucus support him again (unlikely considering Gary Johnson will be on the ballot and at least a few of Ron's support came from folks who will hold their nose and vote Romney) and then he'd just have to rustle up 400,000 or so other voters who were strangely absent when voting for him actually could have made a difference and get them to write his name in too.

bultza
10-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Is Ron Paul an official write in in another state?

Jumbo Shrimp
10-01-2012, 05:54 AM
That is pretty sweet!

Ron will probably only end up getting around 2% of the vote in Maine though. Mostly likely an easy Obama victory.

Less.

sailingaway
10-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Is Ron Paul an official write in in another state?

Yes, I'm pretty confident he will be in CA, and in some states you can write in whomever you want, NH, PA etc.

bultza
10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Yes, I'm pretty confident he will be in CA, and in some states you can write in whomever you want, NH, PA etc.
Thanks

RabbitMan
10-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Voting for Gary. Sorry dude. Ron had his chance.

James_Madison_Lives
10-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Voting for Gary. Sorry dude. Ron had his chance.

He didn't "have his chance" the nomination was STOLEN from him.

"How the GOP Establishment Stole the Nomination From Ron Paul"
http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/glenn-j1.1.1.html

Gary the Neocon Johnson? No Ron Paul supporter will EVER vote for Johnson.

"Johnson Says Troops Over There Are "Keeping us safe.""
http://www.dailypaul.com/253652/johnson-says-troops-over-there-are-keeping-us-safe

CPUd
10-04-2012, 05:14 PM
You realize that Ron Paul pretty much tied Romney in Maine Caucus, when he was on the ballot, when he was actually campaigning, when the voters were limited to Republicans and when the format was the more daunting caucus style that gives us a huge advantage? So yeah, it would great if Ron Paul won Maine in November. It would also be great if a magic warlock descends from the sky in November and installs Ron Paul as Dictator for Life. Both events are equally likely. What this is really "great" for is the small number of Maine voters who want to and will write in Ron Paul in November, and that is genuinely good news for them. But if you honestly think Ron Paul has a chance in hell of winning Maine as a write in candidate you are beyond delusional. Ron Paul got around 2,000 votes in the Caucus. Obama got 422,000 votes in Maine last election. So yeah, all he'd have to do is have every single supporter who voted for him in the caucus support him again (unlikely considering Gary Johnson will be on the ballot and at least a few of Ron's support came from folks who will hold their nose and vote Romney) and then he'd just have to rustle up 400,000 or so other voters who were strangely absent when voting for him actually could have made a difference and get them to write his name in too.

Maine is 1 of 2 states that are not winner-take-all in the GE. Their 4 electoral votes are awarded by CD.

sailingaway
10-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Maine is 1 of 2 states that are not winner-take-all in the GE. Their 4 electoral votes are awarded by CD.

It would be endlessly cool for Ron to win a CD. Or 4.

ClydeCoulter
10-04-2012, 05:30 PM
It would be endlessly cool for Ron to win a CD. Or 4.

I agree wholeheartedly. :D