PDA

View Full Version : SECESSION! Lakota Sioux Nation Leaves United States...

Professor8000
09-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Drudge posted this but there was nothing at the link they gave so I did some digging and this is what I came up with. Most websites just provide a no good link to something that was posted to CNSNews.com but has since been taken down as the links now redirect to the home page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hm0JIgVHypQ#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwQafICKWY4&feature=relmfu

Secession! Lakota Sioux Nation Leaves The Union! (Again)

President Barack Obama has an unexpected foreign policy problem – in the Western United States. The Lakota Sioux nation has seceded from the United States, according to a story on the anti-American website La Voz de Aztlan.

“We are no longer citizens of the United States of America and all those who live in the five-state area that encompasses our country are free to join us,” long-time Native American radical leader Russell Means said. The move potentially impacts the states of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

Means has been a well-known Native American radical and actor since 1973 when he and others were involved in a siege in Wounded Knew, S.D. and Means proclaimed: “sometimes there has to be violence.” “In 1973, Mr. Means led a siege of Wounded Knee by Indians who alleged that the tribal leadership was corrupt. Two Indians were killed and one Federal marshal seriously wounded by resulting gunfire, and the episode divided many residents of the Pine Ridge Reservation,” The New York Times reported Dec. 30, 1990.

That siege took place only three years after the publication of the book, “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,” a saga about supposed injustices against the American Indians in the old West. Wounded Knee itself was the site of the last fight between Indians and the U.S. Army during the Indian Wars. Means described the 1973 takeover as having “captured national attention when he led the 71-day armed takeover on the sacred grounds of Wounded Knee.”

He has continued his push for Sioux independence in the decades since. The Lakota declared independence in 2007, as well, with Means proclaiming: “United States colonial rule is at its end!”

This time, Means detailed reasons for the secession including a long list of problems facing the Lakota, such as unemployment, healthcare and life expectancy as well use of natural resources. In a rambling video, he also added a massive number of reasons for why his new nation would be both strong and lawful – talking about everything from credit card companies to global warming as problems they aim to escape.

Means is also well-known for his long movie career, including playing the role of Chingachgook in the movie “Last of the Mohicans.” He also appeared in “Natural Born Killers” and did the voice of Powhatan in “Pocahontas.”

Edit:
John Stossel to back up some of the claims of Russell Means

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxRSakuGMg&feature=related

Smart3
09-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Russell Means: Let my people go!

Aratus
09-29-2012, 08:40 PM
methinks they can totally legally do this. it will
have our potus feeling sorta like ole abe lincoln if
a few of other territories & states soon follow.

ronpaulfollower999
09-29-2012, 08:46 PM
He said this in 07 too. Only thing, he doesn't "officially represent" Lakota Nation, so the US doesn't recognize it.

Professor8000
09-29-2012, 09:48 PM
He said this in 07 too. Only thing, he doesn't "officially represent" Lakota Nation, so the US doesn't recognize it.

If there is a group of Lakota that say that Russell Means "officially represents" them, and they call themselves the Lakota Nation, then they have every right to do what they are doing irregardless of whether or not the US recognizes it. If the US fails to respect them, then I believe that a very bloody fight might ensue.

Galileo Galilei
09-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Drudge posted this but there was nothing at the link they gave so I did some digging and this is what I came up with. Most websites just provide a no good link to something that was posted to CNSNews.com but has since been taken down as the links now redirect to the home page.

Edit:
John Stossel to back up some of the claims of Russell Means

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxRSakuGMg&feature=related

Do they have a sufficient army to defend themselves from a warlike, invading empire?

Carson
09-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Kind of sounds like a long shower would be appropriate.

michaelwise
09-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Good Job!

dbill27
09-29-2012, 10:09 PM
does this mean they won't get welfare?

Professor8000
09-29-2012, 10:25 PM
does this mean they won't get welfare?

If they are smart, they will refuse it and all of the strings that come tied to it.

michaelwise
09-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Flying Killer Drone Robots

I've been saying the main stream media is a major enemy of the American people for a while.

I don't believe they can brainwash a critical mass of people anymore because virtually nobody tunes into their news channels these days.

It used to be 20 million would watch CNN prime time, but that's down to about 500k now.

The Internet is the new anti-mind control mechanism reaching billions of people today.

As far as being told what to think by the MSM, that it was a "Terrorist Attack", I don't give a rat's ass. I already know terrorism is a gorilla tactic and you can't win a war against a tactic because it's just a thought idea.

I also know why the Libya attack probably happened and why other Muslim countries protests happened, that used the anti-Muslim Youtube video as an excuse, but really it was because we're slaughtering thousands of innocent brown people, women and children with our flying killer drone robots.

The only question I have now is; What are the names of the people who did this attack on the CIA operatives in the State Department, so I can give the Libyan Freedom Fighters the congressional medal of honor, or was it the Mormon Mafia so I can hang them for it.

Trying to Secure Libya's most delicious Light Sweet Crude Oil deposits for the Owners of the Planet's oil Conglomerate to Control is not a Virtue.

Carehn
09-29-2012, 10:42 PM
http://freelakotabank.com/images/Introductory%20Coin%201oz%20.999%20Fine%20Silver.j pg

Mr. Perfidy
09-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah I check the State Dept's website every year or so since 2007 like, "so how about that internal rebel aboriginal nation...?"

Roxi
05-26-2013, 09:33 PM
I just found out my great great uncle is a Lakota (and apparently he's awesome). Check it out: http://www.indianyouth.org/billymills.html

Anyone know what the minimum requirements for living on the reservation are?

Carson
05-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Kind of sounds like a long shower would be appropriate.

I just came back here today and read my post ^^^ and thought...What???

Then it dawned on me I must have meant like you might want to take after getting out of jail.

I always thought they were independent or sovereign.

Carson
05-26-2013, 09:42 PM
I just found out my great great uncle is a Lakota (and apparently he's awesome). Check it out: http://www.indianyouth.org/billymills.html

Permission?

Roxi
05-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Permission?

Haha no I mean how much in your bloodline.

ReasonableThinker
05-26-2013, 10:11 PM
The Amerindians had no clear understanding of property rights and generally lived a semi-nomadic existence. The European and later American conquest of the land was legally & morally justified in every sense of the word. These people have no ground to stand on.

Professor8000
05-26-2013, 10:28 PM

Generally, your family has to still be there. Once your family leaves the reservation, it is usually for the best. The reservations are nothing more than prison camps. They are worse off than much of the 3rd world.

oyarde
05-26-2013, 10:33 PM
If there is a group of Lakota that say that Russell Means "officially represents" them, and they call themselves the Lakota Nation, then they have every right to do what they are doing irregardless of whether or not the US recognizes it. If the US fails to respect them, then I believe that a very bloody fight might ensue.

What kind of membership number do they have now ?

oyarde
05-26-2013, 10:35 PM

You do not want to live on the Res.

Carson
05-26-2013, 11:28 PM

I did a Google search. I'm thinking each tribe would have its own rules.

Google;

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs=pKr&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=percentage+bloodline+to+belong+to+tribe&spell=1&sa=X&ei=bu2iUe_8MomOigKR_YHoDA&ved=0CC8QvwUoAA&biw=1040&bih=684

Some others;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_quantum_laws

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Ridge_Indian_Reservation

http://www.aaanativearts.com/mailbag-archive/1352-will-a-dna-test-prove-my-blood-quantum-for-enrollment-in-the-seminole-tribe.html#axzz2UT5M4Jj7

oyarde
05-26-2013, 11:32 PM
I did a Google search. I'm thinking each tribe would have its own rules.

Google;

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs=pKr&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=percentage+bloodline+to+belong+to+tribe&spell=1&sa=X&ei=bu2iUe_8MomOigKR_YHoDA&ved=0CC8QvwUoAA&biw=1040&bih=684

Some others;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_quantum_laws

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Ridge_Indian_Reservation

http://www.aaanativearts.com/mailbag-archive/1352-will-a-dna-test-prove-my-blood-quantum-for-enrollment-in-the-seminole-tribe.html#axzz2UT5M4Jj7

For Sioux , if I recall , 1/4.

Carson
05-26-2013, 11:36 PM

Maybe it is a dream that holds some hope of a simpler time.

Maybe it depends on what you have to offer, or it offer you. Lots of reservations are changing. It could be an escape from the changes we are seeing on the outside.

Anyway it usually doesn't' hurt to much to dream a little.

speciallyblend
05-26-2013, 11:39 PM

My parents live near wounded knee. People are better off trying to live on the edge of a desert then a reservation. It is bad up there. All my sympathy is with the Indian nation. Buy land in south central colorado and homestead.

oyarde
05-26-2013, 11:41 PM

Maybe it depends on what you have to offer, or it offer you. Lots of reservations are changing. It could be an escape from the changes we are seeing on the outside.

I think she has children , the Res is no place for that .

speciallyblend
05-26-2013, 11:43 PM

i hear ya but speaking of lakota territory near wounded knee res. It is awful. people are better off dreaming of a few acres in south central colorado and creating their own homestead. Anyone considering this dream? Please go visit and decide for yourself. I suggest folks look at ranchettes and go from there or create a small ranch.

I hope to have my land in the next 1-2 years, liberty minded folks welcome to homestead;)

oyarde
05-26-2013, 11:44 PM
My parents live near wounded knee. People are better off trying to live on the edge of a desert then a reservation. It is bad up there. All my sympathy is with the Indian nation. Buy land in south central colorado and homestead. I was through there alot , late 80's, and many others , I cannot imagine most are much different now. When I lived in Washington State , it is where I did most of my hunting & fishing, on the Res. I liked to be left alone while drinking at night , outdoors .....

libertyjam
05-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Amerindians had no clear understanding of property rights and generally lived a semi-nomadic existence.

Some Amerindians had no clear understanding of property rights and generally lived a semi-nomadic existence. FIFY
Lumping all the different native societies together under some vague general BS term like Amerindians is a huge sociological fail.

speciallyblend
05-26-2013, 11:50 PM
I was through there alot , late 80's, and many others , I cannot imagine most are much different now. When I lived in Washington State , it is where I did most of my hunting & fishing, on the Res. I liked to be left alone while drinking at night , outdoors .....

yeah it does have some perks. As you know, yeah not much has changed. I go into gordon and the trust level between indians vs whites is insane still. People could homestead pine ridge res etc but i think south central colorado is the place where you can get 3-8 acres for 3-10,000 depending on land. Whatever floats peoples boats. I just see more potential in south central colorado or durango area.

oyarde
05-26-2013, 11:52 PM
There are probably, 100,000 Lakota left , not sure how many live on the Reservations, the Reservations in Minnesota ( all 11 or so counting all tribes and the Santee ) , do not seem to be highly populated as I recall . Total remaining Native population, probably 1 , 1 1/2 million in the US .

speciallyblend
05-26-2013, 11:58 PM
There are probably, 100,000 Lakota left , not sure how many live on the Reservations, the Reservations in Minnesota ( all 11 or so counting all tribes and the Santee ) , do not seem to be highly populated as I recall . Total remaining Native population, probably 1 , 1 1/2 million in the US .

yeah my wife is 1/4 pueblo indian/ 1/4 hispanic 1/2 white. Very hard to nail down pueblo indian numbers since many assimilated into the hispanic population and culture. This was a saving grace for many pueblo indians.

oyarde
05-27-2013, 12:00 AM
So , say , around 2010 , US population , 309 million ? and 1 1/2 million Native Americans remaining.....

oyarde
05-27-2013, 12:16 AM
yeah my wife is 1/4 pueblo indian/ 1/4 hispanic 1/2 white. Very hard to nail down pueblo indian numbers since many assimilated into the hispanic population and culture. This was a saving grace for many pueblo indians.

My Mothers people began to inter marry before the 1770's, then after the War left , went West , were later formally asked to leave from there, some did, Northwest , some just stayed.By that time , they could not really tell ea one just by looking which turned out to be a good thing ,Those that did as they were told fared worse later .

Cap
05-27-2013, 05:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2VB2LdOU6vo

osan
05-27-2013, 06:12 AM

Just ask. I don't think too many Indians have adopted the accountant/lawyer point of view on such things. Therefore I am not sure they are apt to take this in the "administrative way" found off res. I say this only based on my experiences with my acquaintances and friends made at the lodges. For all I know I could be bass-ackwards wrong.

Go have a visit. Say hello. Tell them your circumstance. Ask.

jonhowe
05-27-2013, 06:21 AM
The Amerindians had no clear understanding of property rights and generally lived a semi-nomadic existence. The European and later American conquest of the land was legally & morally justified in every sense of the word. These people have no ground to stand on.

Sorry, that's f-ed up.

newbitech
05-27-2013, 06:56 AM

Ignorant post. You need a bigger spoon.

Roxi
05-27-2013, 08:12 AM
I don't really know anything about the reservations, other than we used to go visit them when I was a kid and watch ceremonies and stuff. Also, as far as the Lakota go, I'm only an 1/8th so I guess it wouldn't matter anyway. I was more thinking of it being as a last resort option if shit ever actually did hit the fan since they aren't part of the US, it made me curious if I could use my newfound "connections" to have another option.

I do have a strong desire to live a simpler lifestyle, though that means a house on a remote mountain by a lake, not really in the middle of the desert. Though I don't really think my blonde kids would fit in at the reservation anyway. :D

Thanks for all the responses.

osan
05-27-2013, 10:36 AM
The Amerindians had no clear understanding of property rights

Says who? Define "understanding" in this context. As it stands, this is a baloney statement. But wait! There's even more!

and generally lived a semi-nomadic existence.

Implying... ????

The European and later American conquest of the land was legally & morally justified in every sense of the word.

According to whom? To what standard of measure? You base assertions on themselves. FAIL.

These people have no ground to stand on.

OK, so when space aliens come in their 100 mile long ships, land, and start spewing what is gibberish to human ears regarding property rights and then take over with the help of weapons unmatched by anything we possess, you will have to then agree that we have no ground upon which to stand as well, right?

Czolgosz
05-27-2013, 11:06 AM
OK, so when space aliens come in their 100 mile long ships, land, and start spewing what is gibberish to human ears regarding property rights and then take over with the help of weapons unmatched by anything we possess, you will have to then agree that we have no ground upon which to stand as well, right?

Pwnd by a logical conclusion.

Cap
05-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Says who? Define "understanding" in this context. As it stands, this is a baloney statement. But wait! There's even more!

Implying... ????

According to whom? To what standard of measure? You base assertions on themselves. FAIL.

OK, so when space aliens come in their 100 mile long ships, land, and start spewing what is gibberish to human ears regarding property rights and then take over with the help of weapons unmatched by anything we possess, you will have to then agree that we have no ground upon which to stand as well, right? Pay this clown ReasonableThinker no mind...He's just a troll.