PDA

View Full Version : Getting the USA Today ad published in the Miami Herald

Pedro TT
11-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I was wondering how I would go about setting up a chipin for getting the USA Today ad run in my local news paper. I think it would make a HUGE impact down here in combination with the upcoming Spanish Univision debate.

Sematary
11-19-2007, 04:57 PM
I was wondering how I would go about setting up a chipin for getting the USA Today ad run in my local news paper. I think it would make a HUGE impact down here in combination with the upcoming Spanish Univision debate.

For the kind of cash you would need to raise, you need a PAC

Stealth4
11-19-2007, 04:59 PM
you can use operationnh perhaps

kylejack
11-19-2007, 05:00 PM
We can use one of the PACs to do this, but you need to contact them and get a price, so we can decide if its a worthy investment.

Pedro TT
11-19-2007, 05:02 PM
We can use one of the PACs to do this, but you need to contact them and get a price, so we can decide if its a worthy investment.

I will try and get a quote sometime this week. :cool:

krott5333
11-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I will try and get a quote sometime this week. :cool:

sometime.. meaning like tomorrow, right?

Stealth4
11-19-2007, 05:10 PM
sometime.. meaning like tomorrow, right?

Its probably to late to ask - but if you are serious - CALL THE PAPER NOW - are you still reading this? well you shouldn't because you should be on the phone.

LibertyEagle
11-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Pedro,

Could we also know what Meetup group you are in and the name of your Meetup organizer? No offense, but you have less than 100 posts and I, for one, don't know you yet.

That is, if fundraising is going to be started for this ad.

JerzieJennie
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
You're welcome to copy our format for the placemats. This is a small spot that most people could afford:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15184313@N02/2008453056/

krott5333
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
brb, im going to go call them.

ill get a quote for a full page on a sunday and on a weekday.

krott5333
11-19-2007, 05:22 PM
wait, why miami herald? shouldnt we put this in a big iowa newspaper or something?

Stealth4
11-19-2007, 05:25 PM
wait, why miami herald? shouldnt we put this in a big iowa newspaper or something?

iowa and south carolina please.

Maria
11-19-2007, 06:00 PM
I think he wants to do it in Miami because there is a debate in town on Dec. 9 with Ron Paul at the University of Miami. It would be a good way to inform people about Ron Paul and have them tune in to the debates.

krott5333
11-19-2007, 06:18 PM
I think he wants to do it in Miami because there is a debate in town on Dec. 9 with Ron Paul at the University of Miami. It would be a good way to inform people about Ron Paul and have them tune in to the debates.

oh okay.

no seriously though, I'll call tomorrow for sure.

I'm writing on my hand right now!

Pedro TT
11-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Pedro,

Could we also know what Meetup group you are in and the name of your Meetup organizer? No offense, but you have less than 100 posts and I, for one, don't know you yet.

That is, if fundraising is going to be started for this ad.

I'm part of the Miami meetup. Our organizer is Dean Santoro. I'm not offended by your comments as its a valid concern. I made the post at about 6 PM and my brother has previously worked for the herald so I know that the office was closed.

I'll be calling tommorow and will be posting an update with pricing. I'm not very active with my local meetup group on a regular basis.

As far as fundraising, I will be starting from scratch so whatever this will cost, it will need to be raised ASAP as the debate is exactly 3 weeks from today.

Mani
11-19-2007, 11:44 PM
I know Pedro, he's a good guy. He volunteered for the Paint the Town Ron campaign when RP was here for the Value Voters Debate in Sept.

He helped make 100 or so banners and spent all night until 4AM putting up banners before the debate.

I'll help Pitch in Pedro.

Energy
11-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Whatever ad you go with, consider adding a video link like ronpaulishope.com or ronpaulstopdreaming.com - seeing Ron speak wins many people over.

Eric21ND
11-20-2007, 12:48 AM
A new hope video is great.

max
11-20-2007, 12:54 AM

Lord Xar has a PAC..

For the NH ad, I raised the money then sent it to him..

PM him and I'm sure he'll do it thru his PAC for you...

A bit of advice......we should be doing this stuff in early primary states instead of our home states...

Run it in NH for the biggest bang for the buck...

With all those retired zionists living in Florida we may have to concede that state to their boy Rudy...

If indeed Florida can be won...it would only happen from the momentum of winng NH....or better yet...SC!