PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Caucus will challenge GOP Establishment at New Hampshire convention

sailingaway
09-29-2012, 10:56 AM
New Hampshire is one of the places where the Liberty Caucus appears to be more 'us' than 'them'....

In a letter yesterday, Carolyn McKinney, Chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire, told supporters that the Caucus plans to stand firmly with the grass roots of the Republican Party. McKinney said the RLCNH will offer a bold resolution at the GOP state convention that condemns the establishment rules that were wrongfully enacted at the GOP National Convention in Tampa. The following statement appeared on the RLCNH website:

"In Tampa earlier this summer, RNC management showed a blatant disregard for the party rules by removing legitimately elected delegates, removing members of the rules committee or preventing them from voting, silencing dissent, and disregarding the results of votes. Because such fraud and coercion were used to pass new rules that reduce the power and autonomy of state and local party organizations and impose a top-down structure of governance in place of the party’s traditional bottom-up structure, the Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire is proposing a resolution from the New Hampshire Republican Party that outright rejects the rules changes."

"We are asking Republican delegates in New Hampshire to respect the value of their own legitimate power by passing this RLCNH-proposed resolution,” McKinney said. “We hope to restore the traditional principles to the RNC that we already know and love here in New Hampshire. Only when state primaries and processes are given the respect they deserve can we expect our First in the Nation Primary status to mean something again. If the national rule changes remain, our primary will become a facade.”

text of the resolution and link to letter at link: http://www.examiner.com/article/liberty-caucus-will-challenge-gop-establishment-at-new-hampshire-convention

MozoVote
09-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Something like that would never make it through the Resolutions Committee in N.C. It'd turn into a floor fight requiring a 2/3 vote just to begin debate. Hopefully the NH people know how to get this circulated, and their people to the convention.

FSP-Rebel
09-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Something like that would never make it through the Resolutions Committee in N.C. It'd turn into a floor fight requiring a 2/3 vote just to begin debate. Hopefully the NH people know how to get this circulated, and their people to the convention.
If NH pulls this thing off with their "1st in the nation" status, I'm pretty sure the RNC will have to backtrack many of their moves. Also, I believe this precedent will spark other state parties to do the same. Our very own keith and stuff is likely at this convention right now, so we'll get a decent recap at some point.

muzzled dogg
09-29-2012, 02:18 PM
yeah i need an update i already read about some shenanigans on fb

Keith and stuff
09-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Shem, there were shenanigans but it was some establishment folks unfairly ruling in favor of the pro liberty folks over the socially conservative folks. Truth is, half of those socially conservative folks are proliberty on most issues, they just disagree on marriage, abortion and gambling. Heck, some of their spokespeople actually endorsed Ron Paul.

I will talk about this resolution. I have serious, controversial things to say on the issue. I will wait another day on this, though.

Keith and stuff
10-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Here is the inside scoop I promised.

The original draft mentioned not just Rule 12 but also Rule 16 (formerly 15).

The head of the RLCNH spoke with a NH Ron Paul delegate (1 of the main authors of the NH GOP Platform) and the head of the RLC about the resolution. It was decided to focus on Rule 12 and remove the language about Rule 16 (formerly 15).

I am speculating as to why:
NH's first in the nation primary status was made stronger at the RNC in Tampa. In fact, I was told there has never been more support by the RNC for NH's 1st in the national status as there is now. People might have been worried that a too strong damnation of the RNC might but that status in jeopardy.
John S, the Romney surrogate who helped lead the fight create/change the terrible Rule 12 and Rule 16 is a former chair of the NH GOP and people didn't want to offend him.
The NH GOP Platform is supposed to be primarily focused on NH so it didn't make sense to pick a fight on an issue that would matter in NH.

Keith and stuff
10-01-2012, 09:21 PM
New Hampshire is one of the places where the Liberty Caucus appears to be more 'us' than 'them'....

The 2 main power people in the RLCNH are big Ron Paul supporters. 1 of them is the chair and spoke positively about Ron Paul on national TV. The other is a NH state rep who endorsed Ron Paul and helped coordinate Ron Paul events in NH. 1 of the board members is Ron Paul's Freaking Giant. 1 person recently left the RLCNH leadership because he wasn't pro-liberty enough. These folks are very pro-liberty. They are almost as pro-liberty as the NHLA.