PDA

View Full Version : Janet Napolitano doesn't even use email

Jeremy
09-29-2012, 08:26 AM
http://techdailydose.nationaljournal.com/2012/09/napolitano-i-dont-use-email-at.php

Not a single online account...

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, who is a key player in national cybersecurity efforts, said on Friday she doesn't use e-mail.

"Don't laugh, but I just don't use e-mail at all," she said during a discussion at a Cybersecurity Summit hosted by National Journal and Government Executive. She didn't explain what communications tools she does use.

President Obama, who appointed Napolitano, broke precedent by carrying his own BlackBerry device. But in response to a question about her personal cybersecurity practices, Napolitano said she avoids many online services. "I don't have any of my own accounts. Some would call me a Luddite," she said.

Napolitano is at the forefront of government efforts to better secure American computer networks. A draft executive order is being developed that could boost government oversight of certain private networks, but Obama has yet to review or sign off on the draft, she said at Friday's event.

Legislation aimed at giving DHS more authority to enforce security standards for some private networks faltered in Congress over the summer. Napolitano said that legislation is still needed and that she doesn't see the proposals as government overreach.

"I don't view this as the government coming and telling you what to do. Far from it," she said. Any standards would be administered within a partnership between businesses and government, Napolitano said.

RDM
09-29-2012, 08:28 AM
I suppose if I was behind clandestine activity, I would refrain from using email for fear of being exposed.

Ronulus
09-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Then the fact that she is heading up efforts for cyber security yet doesn't really use the internet. Cmon. Or she doesn't use it because she knows they could track everything she does or something.

acptulsa
09-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Somebody has something to hi-ide...

jkr
09-29-2012, 09:43 AM
smrt "gurl"

sailingaway
09-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Suspicious!!!!!

SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!!!!!

Carson
09-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Drones?

specsaregood
09-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Then the fact that she is heading up efforts for cyber security yet doesn't really use the internet. Cmon. Or she doesn't use it because she knows they could track everything she does or something.

OR

Napolitano said she avoids many online services. "I don't have any of my own accounts. Some would call me a Luddite," she said.
Why did she specify she didn't have her own accounts....

MozoVote
09-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Would not surprise me if many public officials do not use e-mail. Less of a decision trail left behind...

Jeremy
09-29-2012, 09:52 AM
A lot of you seem to be implying that she's trying to hide something. I'd say it's more that she's completely out of touch with the 21st century.

specsaregood
09-29-2012, 09:56 AM
A lot of you seem to be implying that she's trying to hide something. I'd say it's more that she's completely out of touch with the 21st century.

Well thats certainly the less entertaining possibility.

July
09-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I saw a news segment on this today, they went into how a bunch of celebrities don't use the Internet much either, or are afraid to use email or google, etc. The news anchors made it out to be because they are rich and powerful and therefore don't need to rely on technology as much, while the rest of us can't afford not to be plugged in.... I think that's crap. Celebrities have gotten their cell phones stolen and hacked. The Internet isn't private, and it's getting harder and harder to have any degree of anonymity online either. I can remember the days when people didn't like to use their real names or photos online, not only for privacy, but for safety. Opting out of posting your personal and private information publicly online used to be a fairly simple and effective means of security online for most people...people could choose how much to share. Nowadays, so many sites want to know everything about you and track everything you view, like, and comment on online. It's creepy. Why do I need a profile wih a 24/7 feed that documents everything I do online? I doubt most of my friends really care that much about that kind of detail. So it isn't for them.

Jeremy
09-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Well thats certainly the less entertaining possibility.

Meh... it's funny to me that she tries to run "cyber security" but barely knows what the internet is.

Lucille
09-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Allow me to apologize on behalf of all Arizonans for that despicable and unbelievably fugly broad.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zm6JXvXXze4/TTGQMq_cjMI/AAAAAAAAPyc/r0zKThoQLxo/s1600/JanetNapolitanoCow.jpg

"I don't view this as the government coming and telling you what to do. Far from it," she said. Any standards would be administered within a partnership between businesses and government, Napolitano said.

It's how fascists roll.

"The test of fascism is not one's rage against the Italian and German war lords. The test is — how many of the essential principles of fascism do you accept and to what extent are you prepared to apply those fascist ideas to American social and economic life? When you can put your finger on the men or the groups that urge for America the debt-supported state, the autarkical corporative state, the state bent on the socialization of investment and the bureaucratic government of industry and society, the establishment of the institution of militarism as the great glamorous public-works project of the nation and the institution of imperialism under which it proposes to regulate and rule the world and, along with this, proposes to alter the forms of our government to approach as closely as possible the unrestrained, absolute government — then you will know you have located the authentic fascist.

"But let us not deceive ourselves into thinking that we are dealing by this means with the problem of fascism. Fascism will come at the hands of perfectly authentic Americans, as violently against Hitler and Mussolini as the next one, but who are convinced that the present economic system is washed up and that the present political system in America has outlived its usefulness and who wish to commit this country to the rule of the bureaucratic state; interfering in the affairs of the states and cities; taking part in the management of industry and finance and agriculture; assuming the role of great national banker and investor, borrowing millions every year and spending them on all sorts of projects through which such a government can paralyze opposition and command public support; marshaling great armies and navies at crushing costs to support the industry of war and preparation for war which will become our greatest industry; and adding to all this the most romantic adventures in global planning, regeneration, and domination all to be done under the authority of a powerfully centralized government in which the executive will hold in effect all the powers with Congress reduced to the role of a debating society. There is your fascist. And the sooner America realizes this dreadful fact the sooner it will arm itself to make an end of American fascism masquerading under the guise of the champion of democracy."
-- John T. Flynn, As We Go Marching, 1944 (http://www.wendymcelroy.com/news.php?extend.4833)

It's Cute That Janet Napolitano Avoids Email So Nobody Can Catch Her Breaking the Law
http://reason.com/blog/2012/09/28/its-cute-that-janet-napolitano-avoids-em

Anti Federalist
09-29-2012, 12:30 PM

LOL yeah right.

She doesn't use it because she knows precisely how incriminating and under surveillance it all is.

She knows, because she's the one doing it.

HOLLYWOOD
09-29-2012, 12:55 PM
How do you think they funnel those Billions to criminal nations' governments like Qatar, Britian, France, Iraq, etc to inflict terrorism is nations they want controlled? Covert Billions to NATO to start terrorism in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Lebanon, etc...

She learned from the Nazis... 'Don't Leave a Paper or today's Electronic Trail' Remember Bush, Clinton, Huckabee, Romney and countless others that drew unwanted attention when they destroyed the Mail servers while they were in charge (until it was time to leave office) controlling their regime and that was a small inner circle mailserver, when your conducting illegal/Unconstitutional operations nationwide/globally, (both foreign and domestic) leave no loose ends/trails. Just ask the DC madame how it turns out if you have evidence.... oh, wait.

Any standards would be administered within a partnership between businesses and government, Napolitano said. uh, that's FASCISM

heavenlyboy34
09-29-2012, 01:21 PM
A lot of you seem to be implying that she's trying to hide something. I'd say it's more that she's completely out of touch with the 21st century.Jan Brewer's office uses form email (doesn't require exposing the addy). http://azgovernor.gov/contact.asp There's probably a way to hack it and get her personal email, though, which could've happened to Big Sis Janet. /shrugs

heavenlyboy34
09-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Allow me to apologize on behalf of all Arizonans for that despicable and unbelievably fugly broad.
LOL!!! :D I'm almost sure she never would've gotten elected or re-elected if Symington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fife_Symington_III) hadn't been forced out. I was very young when that happened though, so take it FWIW.

RickyJ
09-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I am not laughing at all Janet, I am crying that America is a paying a good for nothing moron like you to be the figure head for them that are terrorizing us and taking our freedoms away. America's apathy must be either at an all time high or most people are as dumb as a box of rocks to not be ready to revolt over the many abuses of our government on the citizens.

Philhelm
09-29-2012, 08:59 PM
"Get a rope! :mad:"
-Tod Evans