PDA

View Full Version : Plain clothes cop kills mother of 5

tod evans
09-29-2012, 04:28 AM
Let's see, some deranged fuck who's yelling and screaming waving a gun around jumps on your car.....what would you do?

I sincerely hope this POS cop is publicly humiliated before he's executed.

Reality though, a 2-week vacation with pay and mandatory counseling for the traumatized officer.

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

Border Patrol agents fatally shoots California woman

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/29/border-patrol-agents-fatally-shoots-california-woman/?test=latestnews

CHULA VISTA, Calif. – A Border Patrol agent fatally shot a 32-year-old mother of five Friday in suburban San Diego as he rode on the hood of her car after she ran into him, authorities and family members said.
The agent fired after being driven several hundred yards on the hood, Chula Vista police Capt. Gary Wedge told The Associated Press. The woman was later identified in a police statement as Valeria Alvarado.
The shooting occurred about five miles north of the Mexican border as plainclothes agents were looking to serve a felony warrant in the area to someone other than Alvarado, Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott told U-T San Diego.
Scott said the agent was stuck atop the car as Alvarado drove.
"Fearing for his life, he discharged his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," Scott said. No other agents fired.
Alvarado was declared dead at the scene, and the agent was taken to a hospital. His injuries were not clear.
After talking to investigators, family members including her husband and cousin told U-T San Diego that Alvarado was a housewife and mother of five children ranging from ages 3 to 17 who went by the name Monique.
"I love her to the fullest. That's my heart," husband Gilbert Alvarado said. "Where's the evidence my wife threatened a trained officer? I want justice."
Family members said Valeria Alvarado grew up in Chula Vista where the shooting took place but had been living about five miles away in the Southcrest neighborhood of San Diego, and they did not know why she was in her former hometown.
Hector Salazar, one of several neighbors who witnessed the incident, said he saw a man in civilian clothes on the hood of a black car aiming a gun at the windshield.
Salazar told U-T San Diego the man started pulling the trigger, and he heard about five shots. Moments later, other plainclothes agents approached the car, he said.
The person named in the warrant the agents were serving was not apprehended, Scott said.
The FBI and Chula Vista police are investigating.

tod evans
09-29-2012, 04:44 AM
Videos at this link.

Conflicting stories about woman killed by border agent

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19669131/deputy-involved-shooting-in-chula-vista

CHULA VISTA (CNS/CBS8)

- Some eyewitnesses to a shooting Friday by a plainclothes Border Patrol agent, who claims he was forced to open fire on a woman behind the wheel of her car, are contradicting the federal officials' version of events.

Border Patrol authorities said that the woman rammed a U.S. Border Patrol agent with a car Friday on a residential South Bay road, hurling him onto the hood of the vehicle and prompting him to fatally shoot her through the windshield in self-defense, authorities reported.
The lawman was in southwestern Chula Vista with other undercover personnel to serve a felony arrest warrant when the dark-green Honda Accord struck him in the 600 block of Moss Street about 1 p.m., according to police and federal officials.

"The agent ... was hit by the vehicle and carried several hundred yards on the hood before, fearing for his life, (he) did discharge his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott told reporters.

Area residents described hearing six to eight shots ring out. The woman, identified by her family as 32-year-old Valeria Munique Alvarado, died at the scene.

Some eyewitnesses to the incident have contradicted the Border Patrol's account of the shooting.

"The officer never got struck by the vehicle," said Prince Watson, who told News 8 he saw the encounter. "The vehicle was actually moving in reverse."

Alvarado's family members say they are demanding answers.

"I want justice!" shouted Alvarado's husband, Gilbert Alvarado. "Whoever shot my wife... he needs to get shot. He needs to get justice served."

Medics took the agent to a hospital. Scott said he did not know the extent of his injuries. "But he was impacted by a vehicle pretty hard," the spokesman added.
Alvarado was not the subject of the warrant, Scott told news crews. That suspect remained at large in the late afternoon, he said.

Area resident Hector Salazar told NBC 7 San Diego he was reading his mail in his home when the deadly shooting occurred a short distance away.

"I just saw an agent with a gun walking toward the car and yelling," he said. "But the person inside didn't respond."

The Chula Vista Police Department was investigating the case in conjunction with the Border Patrol and U.S. Inspector General's Office, CVPD Lt. Lon Turner said.

THIS IS AN UPDATED STORY. For the original story, read below.

CHULA VISTA (CBS 8) – One woman has been killed in a possible Border Patrol officer-involved shooting Friday in Chula Vista.

According to a dispatcher, Border Patrol agents were on a stakeout in the 600 block of Moss Street near Broadway, when shots were fired.

News 8 has been told that medics are en route.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS STORY. Go to cbs8.com and follow us on Twitter for the latest updates in this developing story.

Origanalist
09-29-2012, 07:54 AM
"The agent ... was hit by the vehicle and carried several hundred yards on the hood before, fearing for his life, (he) did discharge his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott told reporters.

"The officer never got struck by the vehicle," said Prince Watson, who told News 8 he saw the encounter. "The vehicle was actually moving in reverse."

"I just saw an agent with a gun walking toward the car and yelling," he said. "But the person inside didn't respond."

Ok, which description of the events sounds more like reality? Why would the woman hit the guy in the first place?

acptulsa
09-29-2012, 08:00 AM
When someone is struck by a moving vehicle, they tend to bounce.

When you want someone to stop, you put away your gun and pull out your badge.

Eight shots to the engine block will stop a car. Eight shots to the driver will merely send it out of control.

MelissaWV
09-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Ok, which description of the events sounds more like reality? Why would the woman hit the guy in the first place?

They all sound like reality, or parts of it. I think the most important part that those stories seem to ignore is the PLAIN CLOTHES portion. This was not a guy in uniform that she was likely to think was a policeman coming to talk to her. Even though many on the forums would have probably tried to get away faster if it were, this lady might have gotten a different impression. Instead (taking the statements together) there was a man in civilian clothes who approached this woman and was yelling, gun drawn, at this woman in her car. Did she understand him? I'm not talking about a language barrier, either. I am talking about being in your car and being confronted with this guy coming towards you, yelling, which likely makes him harder to understand altogether. Maybe the car stays in place for a moment, and then when she sees the gun, she tries to pull forward to get away. I have seen officers jump in front of a car when it starts moving, which is about the dumbest movie-inspired thing to do. When she "hit" him and he was on the hood of her car, my reaction would be to reverse ASAP and hope he slides off, he's okay, and I'm okay, and I can drive off. Remember, this is just some plain clothes dude with a gun. He's on the hood of you car. And now, he's shooting you dead.

Yes, that's speculation, but the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

pcosmar
09-29-2012, 08:09 AM
It would be nice if someone got it on video,, to confirm the sequence of events.

I am inclined to disbelieve the "Official Story" based on credibility issues.

Origanalist
09-29-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm not buying any of this. It looks like something impacted the windshield, but wouldn't all those bullets create the same effect?

Origanalist
09-29-2012, 08:16 AM
They all sound like reality, or parts of it. I think the most important part that those stories seem to ignore is the PLAIN CLOTHES portion. This was not a guy in uniform that she was likely to think was a policeman coming to talk to her. Even though many on the forums would have probably tried to get away faster if it were, this lady might have gotten a different impression. Instead (taking the statements together) there was a man in civilian clothes who approached this woman and was yelling, gun drawn, at this woman in her car. Did she understand him? I'm not talking about a language barrier, either. I am talking about being in your car and being confronted with this guy coming towards you, yelling, which likely makes him harder to understand altogether. Maybe the car stays in place for a moment, and then when she sees the gun, she tries to pull forward to get away. I have seen officers jump in front of a car when it starts moving, which is about the dumbest movie-inspired thing to do. When she "hit" him and he was on the hood of her car, my reaction would be to reverse ASAP and hope he slides off, he's okay, and I'm okay, and I can drive off. Remember, this is just some plain clothes dude with a gun. He's on the hood of you car. And now, he's shooting you dead.

Yes, that's speculation, but the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Yeah, it's all speculation at this point, but 5 kids no longer have a mother. That is not speculation.

War on us.

kathy88
09-29-2012, 08:17 AM
I know it shouldn't, but it still amazes me how many people take the cops' side in instances such as this automatically, no matter the circumstances (or video proof).

donnay
09-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah the truth is always somewhere in the middle but the women will be six feet under, her children and husband will mourn their loss and the police will tell their sorted stories and usually remain above the law. :(

pcosmar
09-29-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm not buying any of this. It looks like something impacted the windshield, but wouldn't all those bullets create the same effect?

Bullets impacted the windshield.
But i saw no impact to the front of the car or the hood. ( Body Man with over 20 years experience)
there was no one ON that hood.

coastie
09-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Come at me in my car in plain clothes, with a gun drawn-and you're getting run the fuck over, if possible.

Since witnesses are saying the car was going in reverse, it sounds to me maybe he jumped on the hood of the car a la Bruce Willis. Makes for cool war stories at the next police bbq.

ETA: okay, maybe not jumped on the hood after reading the post above mine.

LibertyEagle
09-29-2012, 08:30 AM
I know it shouldn't, but it still amazes me how many people take the cops' side in instances such as this automatically, no matter the circumstances (or video proof).

It amazes me that anyone takes any side at all, until more of the facts come out.

pcosmar
09-29-2012, 08:35 AM
It amazes me that anyone takes any side at all, until more of the facts come out.

Visible evidence.

http://kfmb.images.worldnow.com/images/19669131_BG2.jpg

No dents on that hood. Just peeling deteriorated Clear Coat (common paint failure).
That hood would have visible damage had a man been on it. (Dents) There are none.

Origanalist
09-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Visible evidence.

No dents on that hood. Just peeling deteriorated Clear Coat (common paint failure).
That hood would have visible damage had a man been on it. (Dents) There are none.

If he was hit hard enough to roll him into that windshield hard enough to cause that damage, there is no way that hood would look like that.

acptulsa
09-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Visible evidence.

What's more, a right-handed officer putting those holes in the windshield and striking the driver has maybe one square foot of hood he could be clinging to immediately in front of the right hand windshield wiper. I don't see how anyone could be in a straight line from the driver's seat through those holes and be on that hood. Not without falling off immediately.

PaulConventionWV
09-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Bullets impacted the windshield.
But i saw no impact to the front of the car or the hood. ( Body Man with over 20 years experience)
there was no one ON that hood.

How can you tell?

ClydeCoulter
09-29-2012, 08:58 AM
What's more, a right-handed officer putting those holes in the windshield and striking the driver has maybe one square foot of hood he could be clinging to immediately in front of the right hand windshield wiper. I don't see how anyone could be in a straight line from the driver's seat through those holes and be on that hood. Not without falling off immediately.

Yea, I was trying to figure out how he shot her with holes in the middle of the windshield.

edit: The shot in the upper right would hit from the view of the camera. That's from passenger headlight?

PaulConventionWV
09-29-2012, 09:14 AM

If he planned on getting away with that, you'd think he would think of that before stating his case. You want to have a plausible story. I guess cops are dumber than I thought.

Czolgosz
09-29-2012, 09:15 AM
If the car was stopped the shooter was stopped as well OR the shooter was on the hood while the car was moving. I figure this because the spread of the bullet holes is very narrow. That's a lot of rounds in a small area.

My guess?

Mundane (trademark, AF - royalty check is in the mail) saw plain clothes government asshole w/ gun
Government asshole w/ gun expects every mundane to tuck tail (mundanes do, so why would this one be any different)
When mundane doesn't tuck tail and begins reversing out of there, government asshole climbs on hood (that's why you don't see an impact dent)
Mundane is even more nervous and accelerating, government asshole shoots her.

Origanalist
09-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Nothing to see here folks. Mother of five assaults heroic defender of our freedoms and pays the price. Sleep well tonight knowing you are safe because of brave men like this.

pcosmar
09-29-2012, 12:32 PM
How can you tell?

I fixed cars for a living for over 20 years.. I have replaced a lot of hoods for nothing more than a coconut falling on them.

That hood is not bent,
Forget the Hollywood bullshit.. A human body on a Hood will destroy it. I can do $1000 damage with my fist.
http://pcosmar.blogspot.com/2007/10/back-to-grind.html

HOLLYWOOD
09-29-2012, 12:40 PM
"The agent ... was hit by the vehicle and carried several hundred yards on the hood before, fearing for his life, (he) did discharge his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott told reporters. But if a US citizen is at home sleeping and LE busts down your front door in the middle of the night, do you have the exact same rights under fear in your own home on your own property? Well, maybe in Indiana with their new homestead law

MelissaWV
09-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Still speculation but the holes being more towards the middle might speak to the woman already crouching down and to the side, still trying to steer and still trying to drive, but trying to duck down and keep out of sight/shot.

coastie
09-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Still speculation but the holes being more towards the middle might speak to the woman already crouching down and to the side, still trying to steer and still trying to drive, but trying to duck down and keep out of sight/shot.

<speculation> Maybe, but rounds tend to deflect up a little when they impact a windshield from the outside, in theory making it "safer" to crouch toward the middle and down, her being hit a little less likely. I dunno. Depends on the angle I guess, and if he was on the hood, but I'm not seeing evidence of that.
^wasn't saying that as if she knew that, just from a physics standpoint, because it's also the only place to go inside the car.;)

Next time I to my buddy's property, there's an abandoned car in the woods I'll have to do some experimenting with the windshield thing, pretty sure they would deflect up just a little when shot from the outside, and down a little when firing from the inside out..:D

I'll have him bring the watermelons.

pcosmar
09-29-2012, 02:05 PM
<speculation>

If I were to speculate,, (and I can't really help it)
I would guess the witness that said he was not on the car was correct.
Were he to fire from the passenger side front at the driver,, That is exactly where I would expect round to impact the windshield.

And from usual shooting I have come to expect,, I would guess the muzzle was over the hood.
That is a spread I would expect from two or three feet.

Anti Federalist
09-29-2012, 02:08 PM
And I've shot safety glass before.

A number of closely placed shots would render the unshattered glass concave, just like this picture.

I concur.

There was no man on that hood, especially one rolling and thrashing around, clinging on for dear life.

Patricia Cook all over again.

Visible evidence.

tod evans
09-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Try to aim a pistol right handed and hit that low on the windshield while "on the hood"...

Either officer friendly is 75# soaking wet and 6'3" tall or there's something fishy....

aGameOfThrones
09-29-2012, 04:24 PM

A number of closely placed shots would render the unshattered glass concave, just like this picture.

I concur.

There was no man on that hood, especially one rolling and thrashing around, clinging on for dear life.

Yup, was about to say that.

squarepusher
09-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I won't sleep well until this is justified as an authorized shooting next week after careful scrutinization by his government peers.

squarepusher
09-29-2012, 05:07 PM
This is a few miles from my house. Its pretty sad to see comments on local newspaper supporting the officers, do they really think this mother was the bad guy?

VoluntaryAmerican
09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
This is fishy. My first instincts if I get hit by a car wouldn't be to put 8 rounds in the drivers chest... :confused:

It would be to roll off the side of the car to avoid getting run over by the tires.

Sounds like he commanded her to stop the car... she was suspect of plain clothes cop and refused... he opened fire.

michaelwise
09-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Anyone coming at me with a gun, I pull mine and start shooting if directly threatened. I don't care what kind of clown costume they have on.

AGRP
09-29-2012, 06:27 PM
She was probably an illegal drug runner. Being either or is very dangerous. Jesus didn't have a citizenship card and george washington grew and sold marijuana. I hope they award the officer with a medal of honor.

tod evans
09-30-2012, 07:59 AM
She was probably an illegal drug runner. Being either or is very dangerous.

Afterall being of the "Ez" nemesis she does fit the profile...(Lopez, Gonzalez, Sanchez...)

Anti Federalist
09-30-2012, 11:24 AM
This is a few miles from my house. Its pretty sad to see comments on local newspaper supporting the officers, do they really think this mother was the bad guy?

Yes, yes they do.

These are the people that will apologize to the "officer" for stepping on his boots as they are being marched into the boxcars.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Police: Woman killed by Border Patrol agent fled

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Police-Woman-killed-by-Border-Patrol-agent-fled-3913943.php

Updated 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 2, 2012

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Police in suburban San Diego say a woman who was fatally shot by a Border Patrol agent last week left an apartment after authorities came to arrest someone else, and she struck the agent with her car at least twice as she fled.

Chula Vista police gave their first account Tuesday of how the victim and the Border Patrol agent involved in Friday's shooting were linked.

Police say 32-year-old Valeria Munique Alvarado struck the agent at least once with her car, when another agent reached through her window to try to remove the keys. They say she struck the agent again and drove more than 200 yards with him on the hood. According to witnesses, the car reached speeds of about 25 mph.

Police say the agent fired multiple rounds through the windshield.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Visible evidence.

I concur.

MelissaWV
10-02-2012, 07:37 PM
So wait... dumbass not only shot her, but he shot at his buddy's hand reaching in for the keys? And was this other agent (to date not mentioned) plain clothes, too?

Anti Federalist
10-02-2012, 07:42 PM
So wait... dumbass not only shot her, but he shot at his buddy's hand reaching in for the keys? And was this other agent (to date not mentioned) plain clothes, too?

I dunno.

This "second agent" was new angle, not originally mentioned, so I'm not sure how this will spun.

John F Kennedy III
10-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Shit :(

tod evans
10-03-2012, 03:48 AM
I dunno.

This "second agent" was new angle, not originally mentioned, so I'm not sure how this will spun.

As a witness to the brave heroics of officer friendly..

"Reality though, a 2-week vacation with pay and mandatory counseling for the traumatized officer." X-2

Philhelm
10-03-2012, 07:53 AM
She was probably an illegal drug runner. Being either or is very dangerous. Jesus didn't have a citizenship card and george washington grew and sold marijuana. I hope they award the officer with a medal of honor.

The assumption here is that people in law enforcement respect Jesus and George Washington.

jodealbell
10-30-2012, 11:06 PM
This cop should be put in jail. Arizona’s strong enforcement against DUI has resulted in fewer alcohol-related accidents, while California’s liberal measures against DUI offenders has resulted in dangerously high rates of drunk driving incidents and fatalities.

XNavyNuke
10-31-2012, 01:44 PM
This cop should be put in jail. Arizona’s strong enforcement against DUI has resulted in fewer alcohol-related accidents, while California’s liberal measures against DUI offenders has resulted in dangerously high rates of drunk driving incidents and fatalities.

The latest NHTSA data I could find had higher rates in AZ than in CA.

jodealbell
11-10-2012, 02:30 AM
I can't imagine a cop to be rude and do that. It was really horrible as the mother was killed. What will happen to the kids?

youngbuck
11-10-2012, 09:31 AM
I can't imagine a cop to be rude and do that. It was really horrible as the mother was killed. What will happen to the kids?

"imagine a cope to be rude"

Umm, who exactly are you trying to kid? Obvious troll is obvious?

Origanalist
11-10-2012, 09:50 AM
"imagine a cope to be rude"

Umm, who exactly are you trying to kid? Obvious troll is obvious?

Never in my experience has any cop been rude. You must have something to hide. :eek:

Anti Federalist
03-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Bump for another thread...anybody have any updates on this?

pcosmar
03-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Bump for another thread...anybody have any updates on this?

Yup,
You just posted it.

She was shot OUTSIDE the car.

But she was a beaner and meth head.

So high fives all around, more trash taken out, amirite?

New Details Suggest Alternate Story of Mother Shot by Border Patrol Agent

Attorney says bullet evidence may suggest mother was shot while standing in front of car

By Paul Krueger

| Saturday, Dec 8, 2012 | Updated 1:01 PM PST

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/New-Details-Suggest-Alternate-Story-of-Mother-Shot-by-Border-Patrol-Agent-182676911.html

A San Diego woman killed by a Border Patrol agent in September had methamphetamine in her system, according to a new report from the county Medical Examiner.

The 20-page report reveals that Valeria Tachiquin-Alvarado had a methamphetamine level of .10 in her blood.

No evidence of alcohol, marijuana or other drugs was found.

The autopsy report also confirms earlier information about the shooting and gives new details about how Alvarado died.

According to the report, Alvarado hit an unnamed border patrol agent with her car and then tried to drive away with him clinging to the hood after she allegedly disobeyed a police order and tried to flee from an enforcement operation on Moss Street in Chula Vista.

The Medical Examiner’s report said the agent held onto the the car, drew his Smith and Wesson pistol and fired the 10 shots into the vehicle.

According to the report, Alvarado was hit in the right hand, arm, abdomen and chest, and died from bullet wounds to her heart, aorta, lungs and other vital organs.

Attorney Eugene Iredale, who represents the Alvarado family, said although the methamphetamine found in Tachiquin-Alvarado’s system was a significant amount, it may have been the result of diet medications or supplements.

Iredale also acknowledged that Alvarado did have a “substance-abuse problem,” which could account for the drug finding.

But Iredale said the new information about the 10 bullets, which caused 14 separate wounds, is more important.

He said details about the angle of travel of those bullets reveals that the agent shot Alvarado while standing in front of her car, not while he was being carried along on the hood of the vehicle.

Authorities with the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol did not respond to requests for comment.

Confirming my observation .
There was no one on that hood.

Lying Pigs lie.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Yup,
You just posted it.

Lying Pigs lie.

Bingo...

My search fu is weak, as my connection is slow and kludgy, that's why I didn't post it in both.

I came up with nothing more recent than that Dec. 2012 update.

Can anybody find anything more recent?

pcosmar
03-05-2014, 04:39 PM
I came up with nothing more recent than that Dec. 2012 update.

Can anybody find anything more recent?

Not on the law suit. But I did find a bit on the agent.

Apparently suspended several times and fired from a Sheriffs Dept.

http://www.fedcops.org/2012/10/06/is-justin-tackett-the-border-patrol-thug-who-gunned-down-valeria-monique-alvarado-aka-valeria-munique-tachiquin/

VoluntaryAmerican
03-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Yup,
You just posted it.

Lying Pigs lie.

Maybe he did a quick body slam. Problem solved.

DamianTV
03-05-2014, 04:59 PM

I sincerely hope this POS cop is publicly humiliated before he's executed.

No worries, they have plenty of Derranged People lined up to replace this one, and any other that they make into a Scapegoat. Psychopathic Behavior is pretty much a prerequisite for becoming a Cop, although a few honest cops here and there do slip through the cracks.

Weston White
03-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Seriously, individual states need to either begin putting laws on their books or pushing for the federal government to make new civil and criminal mandates requiring for any federal agency seeking to take law enforcement actions within the proper jurisdictions of a/any state (be it city or county or township) that all such federal agencies—without any exception, save for in instances where medical aid need be rendered in wait for ambulances or fire services to arrive—be legally commanded to first (or otherwise timely) request and standby for local law enforcement personnel to first arrive, brief, and oversee command of whatever federal operations being intended to be taken, to thusly ensure they remain in full accordance with state and local laws and to serve as mediators between the parties involved and federal agencies in action.

The incident and fatality rate of federal agencies seems only to be expediently increasing, without neither oversight nor accountability, but with plenty of cover-up and whitewash.

ETA:

Also just to point out, several things I noticed:

1. Why is Border Patrol proactively serving arrest warrants in an American city and why are they doing it in plainclothes?
2. The passenger-side wiper arm and driver-side wiper blade appear to be bent in same area as the damage to windshield, so that is all consistent with a single point of impact.
3. Driver’s side window is either down or broken out, while passenger is full up and undamaged (but could have been the entry point after incident to secure vehicle and remove the driver, presuming the vehicle was locked prior to driver’s death).
4. Really she drove about 900ft at a steady 25MPH (taking about 25-seconds to travel)? And if so what was it that suddenly made the agent feel their life was in danger at that precise moment in time? What put the agent at more danger at that point as opposed to the first 25 or 50ft of travel, and why could the agent just not hold on and wait another 100ft, 200ft, 400ft, or 900ft?
5. I don’t know that it is actually possible to strike a moving vehicle twice and have them end up in your windshield, while still functioning well enough to use a firearm, and with such accuracy to boot.

Mani
03-07-2014, 05:15 AM
Here's a good article talking about the problems of Border Patrol agents. How sad is it when these guys don't need much of a background check, don't need a diploma and seem to have MUCH LESS training then a Cop. WTF. So one day a mall cop, a couple weeks later a Border Patrol agent with a license to kill??? And 20K new agents coming to a town NEAR YOU!?!

Read the entire article. You can be stopped ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY. Read this shit:

The Border Patrol has expanded search-and-seizure powers, said James Lyall, a staff lawyer with the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona.

Those include being allowed to enter onto private property within 25 miles of the border, using warrantless search powers to stop vehicles or vessels within 100 miles of the border, and interrogating any "alien or person believed to be an alien" anywhere in the country, according to U.S. Code.

Warrantless search powers!?!!? ENTERING PRIVATE PROPERTY!?!! STOPING VEHICLES WITHIN 100 miles of a border?? How long before it's 200 miles??? INTERROGATING ANY PERSON BELIEVED to be an ALIEN, ANYWHERE IN THE FUCKING COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!

Papers please, just become a fucking reality.

They have 20K new Agents coming on board with about the same education as the TSA, and now they can fucking stop you and interrogate you ANYWHERE on american SOIL, and they have a gun and if they FEAR for their safety look out. Don't be fooled into thinking those 20K new agents are going to be all on the border, THEY CAN INTERROGATE ANYWHERE in the COUNTRY.

As the number of Border Patrol agents has risen, so has the number of reports of agents backing up local police. From 2005 to 2012, the number of agents nearly doubled to more than 21,000.

During its hiring surge, the Border Patrol scaled back training and relaxed requirements — such as not requiring a high school diploma. It sometimes skipped background checks, leading to problems with corruption and poorly trained agents.

Even more agents could be on the way. One immigration-reform proposal would put 20,000 additional agents on the ground. If it were adopted, more instances of Border Patrol backing up local police would be likely because more agents would be available to respond to requests, said Vice President Shawn Moran of the National Border Patrol Council, the union for Border Patrol agents.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/17/border-force-assisting-local-police/4074171/

Some more details about the case. The initial story was confusing about a lady driving her car and a random guy jumping on her hood and killing her. This doesn't provide clarity but begins to show how this all went horribly wrong.

Plainclothes Border Patrol agents in September 2012 were preparing to serve an administrative warrant for an undocumented immigrant at an apartment in Chula Vista, Calif., south of San Diego.

Valeria Tachiquin-Alvarado, a U.S. citizen, was at the apartment, which was thought to be a drug den. She left after the agents served the warrant, which did not result in an arrest.

Agents tried to stop her as she entered her car. Agents alleged that she hit one or more of them with her car as she pulled out trying to leave. One of them tried to pull the car keys from the ignition, according to media reports.

As she drove away, Border Patrol Agent Justin Tackett either jumped or was forced onto the hood of her Honda Accord.

It traveled about 200 yards with him on the hood, police and Border Patrol accounts said. Tackett, fearing for his life, fired 10 shots into the windshield from the hood of the car, killing Tachiquin-Alvarado, a 32-year-old mother of five.

However, the lawsuit alleges that Tackett fired the fatal shots while standing upright, walking toward the car as Tachiquin-Alvarado was reversing it away from him. The San Diego coroner said she tested positive for methamphetamine at the time of her death. She was on parole for a previous drug conviction.

So it sounds like maybe she went to get high, or was hanging out with the wrong crowd, regardless, the warrant was not for her, and she's a US citizen. She probably wanted to get the fuck outta dodge and the arrest was not for her. And of course the agents say, stop we aren't done with you mundane, and she tries to go, and as she tries to flee, fucker probably jumps in front of her car and a moment later pumps her full of lead. That sounds like what happened if I try and piece it together.

And this moron who I assumed jumped in front of the vehicle (then feared for his safety) and fired into her car a dozen times has a history for being a dickwad already. But never fear, there are 20K moron agents like him, who couldn't held a normal job in the real world, coming down the pipeline being handed a gun and freedom to fuck, shoot, and interrogate, any US citizen, anytime and anywhere. Think 41,000 Idiot TSA agents with guns roaming around this country. Dumber then cops and more trigger happy. :eek: Wow. Just wow.