fr33
09-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Time stamp is from August 14, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWASv6EAqt4

coastie
09-28-2012, 09:15 PM

So that's why you shouldn't drive that fast through an intersection with a light that just turned green as you were going through it at 100 mph.

Hope no one was hurt inside....any bets he racing to something that wasn't that big of a deal?

"Officer, you'll need to take a two week paid vacation."

EBounding
09-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Was there a loose dog in the area?

FriedChicken
09-28-2012, 10:12 PM
The other day our crew was working on a roof near a busy street and we acknowledged some crazy stunts done by cops. We also noticed that ambulances and firetrucks drove much more responsibly AND used their horn to warn people there were coming up behind.

I have a real problem with cops in general. I don't think we have very many good ones at all.

Schifference
09-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Probably need to write a ticket to the house for illegally parking.

QuickZ06
09-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Bet you they give him a new Camaro for his next ride.....yeah that will show em.

proudclod229
09-28-2012, 10:39 PM
That was just terrible driving...no need for the swerve next to the truck.

tod evans
09-29-2012, 02:58 AM
Hope whoever was smoking a joint got away.

Danke
09-29-2012, 04:46 AM
Luckily no children out playing.

thoughtomator
09-29-2012, 04:56 AM
By the time he gets to court, there will 7 officers who will swear they witnessed the house hit him first.

acptulsa
09-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Many cops can't drive. Most Americans can't drive. The driver of the pickup truck is an idiot; the cop is actually worse. And the cop is in charge of telling us how not to drive! Seems obvious to me--don't drive like the cop. Something to think about the next time you see a cop hit eighty trying to write a ticket to someone for doing fifty.

Americans aren't taught to drive. Europeans are. And what is the net effect? Americans are forced to drive cars that carry a thousand pounds of safety junk--some of which jumps out at you with explosive force, knocks your hands off the wheel, and kills your kids--so there's no way we can ever buy a truly fuel-efficient four wheeler. And we're forced to buy insurance. All of which is a direct result of our horrifying accident rates, which in turn are due to our incompetence. And still we leave the instruction of this complex task to football coaches and issue licenses to anyone who can tell a stop sign from a one way sign.

How much money did the insurance lobby give your congressman?

AFPVet
09-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Many cops can't drive. Most Americans can't drive. The driver of the pickup truck is an idiot; the cop is actually worse. And the cop is in charge of telling us how not to drive! Seems obvious to me--don't drive like the cop. Something to think about the next time you see a cop hit eighty trying to write a ticket to someone for doing fifty.

Americans aren't taught to drive. Europeans are. And what is the net effect? Americans are forced to drive cars that carry a thousand pounds of safety junk--some of which jumps out at you with explosive force, knocks your hands off the wheel, and kills your kids--so there's no way we can ever buy a truly fuel-efficient four wheeler. And we're forced to buy insurance. All of which is a direct result of our horrifying accident rates, which in turn are due to our incompetence. And still we leave the instruction of this complex task to football coaches and issue licenses to anyone who can tell a stop sign from a one way sign.

So true man... so true!

VoluntaryAmerican
09-29-2012, 12:56 PM
holy crap.

PaulConventionWV
09-29-2012, 01:00 PM

I could only laugh. I hope he got personally held responsible for that damage.

PaulConventionWV
09-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Luckily no children out playing.

They would have been a bug splat on that wall, or in bits and pieces in the yard.

coastie
09-29-2012, 01:12 PM
I could only laugh. I hope he got personally held responsible for that damage.

I can almost promise you that isn't going to happen. The homeowner and their neighbors will pay for it through a tax increase to cover the shortfall in the budget because of this little incident.

The cop will get a new cruiser. Maybe one of the new Ford Taurus SHO twin turbo models that are replacing the Crown Vic here soon, so he can blast down that road even faster.

jonhowe
09-29-2012, 01:14 PM
If a person inside the house had a dog/was smoking a joint/was naked/etc they would have been arrested or shot.

fisharmor
09-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Probably need to write a ticket to the house for illegally parking.

I was actually wondering - in all seriousness - what the homeowner got charged for.

JK/SEA
09-29-2012, 02:14 PM
If i lived that close to road, i would have me some big rocks placed out front in strategic positions.

Anti Federalist
09-29-2012, 02:14 PM
They would have been a bug splat on that wall, or in bits and pieces in the yard.

Scattered in the trees and in the hedges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4p8RYoJ9DQ

Anti Federalist
09-29-2012, 02:21 PM
American anti theft device:

http://asset3.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/sc/31594347-2-300-DT4.gif

Flugel89
09-29-2012, 02:34 PM
American anti theft device:

http://asset3.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/sc/31594347-2-300-DT4.gif

That's why my car is unlikely to go anywhere without my say so.

I actually had someone ask a friend of mine a few years back "Why does your car have two brake pedals?"

And I take offense to the prior post that Americans aren't taught to drive. :P
I'm kidding. It's mostly true, but I was taught to drive when I was 7 years old.

pcosmar
09-29-2012, 02:40 PM
I thought the Truck driver did a good job,,

Likely freaked a bit seeing that bullet coming at him.

Cop was totally out of control,, especially for a residential area.

squarepusher
09-29-2012, 02:42 PM
so these guys can't shoot, or drive :)

Ronulus
09-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Was there a loose dog in the area?

It was barking by that door. Don't worry the officer shut him up.

Anti Federalist
09-29-2012, 02:57 PM
I actually had someone ask a friend of mine a few years back "Why does your car have two brake pedals?"

http://i.imgur.com/OH5tw.gif

Anti Federalist
09-29-2012, 02:58 PM
By the time he gets to court, there will 7 officers who will swear they witnessed the house hit him first.

I'm still laughing over this.

Danke
09-29-2012, 02:59 PM

One is for parking, right?

AGRP
09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Wearing a shinny badge and driving a car with flashing lights gives them the right to drive like homicidal maniacs. I hope he was awarded the highest medal of honor.

BenIsForRon
09-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Ok, we get it, cops suck. Can we stop making a thread every time a cop does something dumb?

youngbuck
09-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Ok, we get it, cops suck. Can we stop making a thread every time a cop does something dumb?

No.

JK/SEA
09-29-2012, 04:50 PM
No.

this.

pcosmar
09-29-2012, 05:41 PM

Not until this threat to life and liberty is eliminated.

As long as they exist they are a Clear and Present Danger.
People need to be warned and educated.

kathy88
09-29-2012, 06:21 PM

Gonna have to go with the majority on this one. NO.

Travlyr
09-30-2012, 05:47 AM

No, it is very important people understand that cops are not friends of liberty. The sheriff department is supposed to be the main protector of liberty, but most of them are not doing their job correctly.

tod evans
09-30-2012, 06:23 AM
Wearing a shinny badge and driving a car with flashing lights gives them the right to drive like homicidal maniacs. I hope he was awarded the highest medal of honor.

Injured in the line of duty, tax-payer funded retirement including "physical therapy" (massages) for the aches and pains incurred defending your liberty.

/snark

acptulsa
09-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Talk about no-knock warrants. And I'll just bet there never was a warrant to enter that house, either.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-30-2012, 09:16 AM

lol. The cop stories here are a sample, not a comprehensive list.

And whenever I see people say something like "cops, firefighters, and ems," I always make sure place cops in a different category. I've only ever seen firefighters and emts helping people. Not true at all with cops.

PaulConventionWV
09-30-2012, 05:21 PM
I can only imagine what the consequences would be if I were to do that in my company vehicle where I work. If I were that officer, I would probably not be worried at all, knowing that I would get two weeks paid medical leave to rest and see a chiropractor. If I did that in my current job, I would probably be fired. I would be an emotional wreck. If I were a cop, I wouldn't even have to stress over it. I would get out of the car and tell the higher-ups that they need to raise the taxes a little while I get paid time off.