PDA

View Full Version : Bloody School Riot Breaks Out; 911 Placed People on Hold; Cops Nowhere to be Seen

FrankRep
09-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Riots Break Out Between Black, Latino Students At Victorville School (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/09/28/riots-break-out-between-black-latino-students-at-victorville-school/)

CBS Los Angeles
September 28, 2012

Students at a high school in Victorville said violent fights have been breaking out between African-Americans and Latinos for the past two days.

Rafael Muñoz said a group of people started the fights at Silverado High on Wednesday, which have poured out into the streets.

Monica Rodriguez, who asked the school for extra security and complained to police, said the riots are a recurring problem.

“The cops are nowhere to be seen. We’ve been calling them. They took forever. 911 placed people on hold. It was ridiculous,” said Rodriguez.

Linda Rodriguez, 60, said she was punched in the face when she tried to break up a fight.

“I come out and my grandson, his mouth is bleeding. My granddaughter… she wears glasses and she has a cut right here and a bump where they hit her,” she said.

Full Story:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/09/28/riots-break-out-between-black-latino-students-at-victorville-school/

Occam's Banana
09-28-2012, 08:41 PM
“The cops are nowhere to be seen. We’ve been calling them. They took forever. 911 placed people on hold. It was ridiculous,” said Rodriguez.

Ms. Rodriguez clearly does not understand the overriding importance of "officer safety."

tod evans
09-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Hmmm,

Seems kind of like the social experiments conducted at other government funded institutions..(prisons).

When placed in close proximity to members of varying races people tend to gravitate toward those who are of similar backgrounds, then one group always tries to establish dominance.

Look at the Protestant/Catholic battle that's been consuming Ireland for decades...

The solution (in my opinion) isn't government intervention, stop funding all sides, no free housing no free food....Trying to integrate various factions of the population with each other by subsidizing their existence doesn't serve any good purpose.

People who earn their living and are active in a community generally don't riot against members of their own community.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Linda Rodriguez, 60, said she was punched in the face when she tried to break up a fight.

I don't really want to blame the victim here... but if that's all the info I have, I really have to question the judgement of a 60 year old woman intervening in a fist fight. And the article sounds like this was happening on their lawn... Must have been some better ideas than that.

FSP-Rebel
09-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Hmmm,

Seems kind of like the social experiments conducted at other government funded institutions..(prisons).

When placed in close proximity to members of varying races people tend to gravitate toward those who are of similar backgrounds, then one group always tries to establish dominance.

Look at the Protestant/Catholic battle that's been consuming Ireland for decades...

The solution (in my opinion) isn't government intervention, stop funding all sides, no free housing no free food....Trying to integrate various factions of the population with each other by subsidizing their existence doesn't serve any good purpose.

People who earn their living and are active in a community generally don't riot against members of their own community.
totally agree

MozoVote
09-30-2012, 10:17 AM
All those high desert towns are pretty crummy. Victorville, Barstow, Lancaster, Palmdale, etc. Desolate subdivisions full of bored kids of commuting parents. I used to work in downtown San Bernardino, man what a depressing place this region is.

torchbearer
09-30-2012, 10:18 AM
when seconds count, the cops are only minutes to hours away....

Origanalist
09-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Hmmm,

^^^^^

Outta reps. I remember clearly the kids being bussed into our neighborhoods. They didn't want to be there at all and the trouble started immediately.