PDA

View Full Version : It's getting rough

BillyDkid
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM
As we all knew, as the campaign became more successful and Ron Paul began to look like a real threat to the establishment they would start pulling out all the stops and they are. Every imaginable slur on both the Dr. and on his supporters is being made and it is only going to get worse for a while. We were relatively safe when we were perceived as harmless and now that we have got some clout they are playing for keeps. It is very easy to get discouraged and disheartened when you read and hear this stuff. It is important to remember what we are fighting for and to trust the American people to recognize the truth when they hear it. To me it seems like a very scary times when they will hold nothing back in order to kill the movement. I believe "swiftboating" times ten is what we can expect. They are not above lying flat out and with malice to the American people to kill our dream. All we can fight back with is the truth. I guess now is the time to have some faith in the truth. It's hard though when you see how much truth has counted for throughout history. What give me hope is this - that so many of you found your way here in spite of how so many did their best to obscure and distort the message.

Proemio
11-19-2007, 04:53 PM
To coin a phrase: "When the going gets tough, theTough get going."

No doubt that will show to be true...

Edward
11-19-2007, 05:24 PM
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you..."

tjasond
11-19-2007, 06:01 PM
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you..."

You missed a part ...
Then you win.

Edward
11-19-2007, 06:02 PM
You missed a part ...
Then you win.I didn't miss it... thanks for not leaving me hanging!

TheConstitutionLives
11-19-2007, 06:05 PM
As we all knew, as the campaign became more successful and Ron Paul began to look like a real threat to the establishment they would start pulling out all the stops and they are. Every imaginable slur on both the Dr. and on his supporters is being made and it is only going to get worse for a while. We were relatively safe when we were perceived as harmless and now that we have got some clout they are playing for keeps. It is very easy to get discouraged and disheartened when you read and hear this stuff. It is important to remember what we are fighting for and to trust the American people to recognize the truth when they hear it. To me it seems like a very scary times when they will hold nothing back in order to kill the movement. I believe "swiftboating" times ten is what we can expect. They are not above lying flat out and with malice to the American people to kill our dream. All we can fight back with is the truth. I guess now is the time to have some faith in the truth. It's hard though when you see how much truth has counted for throughout history. What give me hope is this - that so many of you found your way here in spite of how so many did their best to obscure and distort the message.

Don't read all that negative junk. I don't. When I'm surfing the news I skip anything that looks like a smear. It's not worth the attention. They want to fight so they'll get alot of hits on their site. I'm not helping them do that.

weatherbill
11-19-2007, 06:09 PM
well, let's give 'em a december 16th they will not forget.....! We will have the last laugh.....

they will be runnign scared Dec 16th.......they'll probably try to gloss over it with a bunch of xmas stuff......LOL.....well well, Santa chooses Ron PAUL! LOL

Texan4RP
11-19-2007, 06:09 PM
One thing to remember is when you represent the truth then God is on your side. God is bigger than they are. If it is God's will that Ron Paul wins then there is nothing they can throw at us that can stop us. So regardless how things may look we must trust in God. Regardless of the outcome, God is God! He's the one in charge! He parted the Red Sea.

Ok, I'll jump down from the Pulpit.

Pete Kay
11-19-2007, 06:13 PM
I feel strongly that Ron Paul will win New Hampshire and then the attacks will be vicious and relentless. If you remember what they did to McCain after his New Hampshire win then you can imagine what they will do to Paul. It will be worse. I feel sick in the pit of my stomach thinking about what is to come. Optimism is great, but we all have to be realistic and look at history. The establishment will do anything to win. They will lie, cheat and destroy the character of any that oppose them. We have to be prepared.

Mark Rushmore
11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
One thing to remember is when you represent the truth then God is on your side. God is bigger than they are. If it is God's will that Ron Paul wins then there is nothing they can throw at us that can stop us. So regardless how things may look we must trust in God. Regardless of the outcome, God is God! He's the one in charge! He parted the Red Sea.

Ok, I'll jump down from the Pulpit.

I'm not usually inclined to reward the out of place God talk, but in this case - glad to have him on board ;).

DealzOnWheelz
11-19-2007, 06:38 PM
This movement is bigger than any of us here can fathom

This is probably the only person running for US presidency that the entire world had their eye on.

BillyDkid
11-21-2007, 09:01 AM

This is probably the only person running for US presidency that the entire world had their eye on.But you sure wouldn't guess it from the media coverage, would you.

torchbearer
11-21-2007, 09:06 AM

Agreed! You won't be free until you loose the fear, and you only have the rights you willing to fight and die for. We must be like stone.....solid. resolute.

user
11-21-2007, 09:08 AM

I'm pretty sure I've heard that phrase before ;)

me3
11-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Don't read all that negative junk. I don't. When I'm surfing the news I skip anything that looks like a smear. It's not worth the attention. They want to fight so they'll get alot of hits on their site. I'm not helping them do that.
Quoted for truth

foofighter20x
11-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Every imaginable slur on both the Dr. and on his supporters is being made and it is only going to get worse for a while.

I wonder if it's really going to get worse. I mean, they've escalated their attacks to the point where they've had to go after people who have donated money. Since they are turning their attacks on supporters, then I'm willing to guess that they don't have much ammo left to attack Dr Paul.

But that's just my opinion.

user
11-21-2007, 09:22 AM
I wonder if it's really going to get worse. I mean, they've escalated their attacks to the point where they've had to go after people who have donated money. Since they are turning their attacks on supporters, then I'm willing to guess that they don't have much ammo left to attack Dr Paul.

When we win the nomination, expect the neocons AND the progressives (in other words, the entire Establishment) to come after us. They won't be holding anything back.

torchbearer
11-21-2007, 09:24 AM

Perhaps they will plant disruptive "ron paul supporters" with 9/11 truth shirts doing something stupid. They are going to stage it... and everyone here will buy into the lie... this place will self-destruct. that will be their last ditch effort.

Libertarian
11-21-2007, 09:25 AM
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."

Mark Twain

ConstitutionGal
11-21-2007, 09:27 AM
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."

Mark Twain

Well, I wish the "timid" would hurry up and get off the couch!! We need them NOW! :eek:

Jojo
11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
now is the time to have some faith in the truth.

Amen, brother!

The truth is naturally expansive. It always wins in the end. Welcome to the winning side!

user
11-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Amen, brother!

The truth is naturally expansive. It always wins in the end. Welcome to the winning side!
Even if that's true, we need to make sure it wins a lot faster than that.

BillyDkid
11-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Perhaps they will plant disruptive "ron paul supporters" with 9/11 truth shirts doing something stupid. They are going to stage it... and everyone here will buy into the lie... this place will self-destruct. that will be their last ditch effort.
Yes, this kind of subtrifuge (spelling?) scares me. I know we have had a few people in here trying to cause trouble. Police regularly infiltrate protest to incite violence to discredit the protesters. It is a tactic that works very well. That is why we have to have faith in each other unless someone actually proves himself to be a plant. That's why arguments over trivial things in here scare me.

LibertyEagle
11-22-2007, 09:00 PM
I feel strongly that Ron Paul will win New Hampshire and then the attacks will be vicious and relentless. If you remember what they did to McCain after his New Hampshire win then you can imagine what they will do to Paul. It will be worse. I feel sick in the pit of my stomach thinking about what is to come. Optimism is great, but we all have to be realistic and look at history. The establishment will do anything to win. They will lie, cheat and destroy the character of any that oppose them. We have to be prepared.

I'm not worried. We're actually at our best when we are unjustifiably attacked. ;)

hddn-agnda
11-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm not usually inclined to reward the out of place God talk, but in this case - glad to have him on board ;).

God loves Mike Huckabee, because he wants to kill Muslims and convert them to Christianity at the barrel of a Gun. ;)

FreedomLover
11-22-2007, 09:05 PM

The sad thing this this is unneccessary...they just have to get it on video.

pcosmar
11-22-2007, 09:07 PM

Also said,
When the going gets weird, The weird turn Pro.

torchbearer
11-22-2007, 09:10 PM

I can only hope by bringing this to our collective consciousness we can prevent it from working

llepard
11-22-2007, 09:10 PM

This is probably the only person running for US presidency that the entire world had their eye on.

I sure hope you are right. I must say that the media response to my advertisement has been almost zero.

A few interested reporters, but they could not get their editors to bite.

I know the message is true, pure and correct.

I know that if enough people get the message we will win.

But sitting here alone on a beautiful thanksgiving evening I fear for our chances.

There are a lot of interests allied against us, and there is alot of apathy, and many people still have not heard the message.

Sometimes I believe it is a done deal, other times I think no way.

All the time I keep doing what I can because that is all that any of us can do.

PatriotOne
11-22-2007, 09:18 PM
It's certainly a bumpy ride for sure. But I have donned my flak jacket and am in it for the long haul. It's going to get MUCH uglier before it gets better.

I just pray that Ron will run independant if he doesn't get the nom. That may just buy us enough time to put us over the top.

torchbearer
11-22-2007, 09:19 PM
It's certainly a bumpy ride for sure. But I have donned my flak jacket and am in it for the long haul. It's going to get MUCH uglier before it gets better.

I just pray that Ron will run independant if he doesn't get the nom. That may just buy us enough time to put us over the top.

Amen brother... I have my fox hole dug and my gun lock and loaded... I'm all in until the end... i have nothing else to loose and everything to gain!!!!

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I will help fight the battle of minds, I such at battle, unless it's counterstrike:source, lol

American
11-22-2007, 09:37 PM

This is the second of third time you have posted this pessimistic bullshit,. while your entitled to have this opinion I also have the right to say you either believe in Ron Paul or you dont.

Yes its not going to be easy, we didn't get here over night nor will a Ron Paul presidency fix everything over night but its a good start, but make no mistake this will take years to get back on track but if you dont believe in the message then you know this is possible.

MadViking10
11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I sure hope you are right. I must say that the media response to my advertisement has been almost zero.

But sitting here alone on a beautiful thanksgiving evening I fear for our chances.

There are a lot of interests allied against us, and there is alot of apathy, and many people still have not heard the message.

Thanks again dude and DITTO. :(

FreedomLover
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM

Well, even if the Primaries don't work out RP still has all these supporters...he might come up with a noble cause to direct us to.

MadViking10
11-22-2007, 10:12 PM
bump to cover up the bull crap.:mad:

torchbearer
11-22-2007, 10:17 PM
:) smile!

American
11-22-2007, 10:29 PM

Well friend I think the ad was amazing, and I am sure it reached a ton of people, unfortunately unlike TV the response might be nil - to you personally, but it would be safe to say you have introduced millions of people to the message of Ron Paul.

Some of which are older news paper readers and a completely different segment of the population. No one has done that, especially the disenfranchised people who have dropped out of politics.

BillyDkid
11-23-2007, 04:45 PM

All the time I keep doing what I can because that is all that any of us can do.L, I know exactly what you mean. When I get discourage I search out messages by the people who just discovered Ron Paul and are so excited and can't believe they found an honest candidate and someone that makes them want to be involved. It's like so many of us have said - once people hear the message the respond, by and large, but you are right, there are powerful forces arrayed against us and it's frightening. It's especially hard during the down time when there are no debates and no real coverage of Ron Paul at all. It's very discouraging to see MSNBC put up thier Iowa poll and Ron is not even listed. What the hey is going on there? And Zogby runs a polls and does not even list Dr. Paul as a choice - even now after our record fund raising day Zogby doesn't even include him. It make me furious. I truly believe that many of the people we are reaching are those formerly apathetic people who, for the very first time, feel like they have something worth fighting for and a candidate worth voting for. We are talking about 50% of the country and I believe most of those people have been waiting for a Dr. Paul. Sadly, as I have said before, a mere handful of Neo-con GOP voters could prevent all of those people from ever having the chance to vote for Ron Paul. The GOP, frankly, would rather go down in flames than have Ron Paul as their candidate and that is very tough to fight against.

Quantumystic
11-23-2007, 05:08 PM

Really?
I thought it was...

"When the going gets tough, the Tough SHOOT BACK" :eek:

troyd1
11-23-2007, 05:49 PM

This may deter some undecided voters, but I have never met a former Ron Paul supporter. Other candidates supporters put their finger in the air and are trying to decide between the lesser of all the evils. Ron Paul supporters know they have found *****GOLD*****

torchbearer
11-23-2007, 06:05 PM
This may deter some undecided voters, but I have never met a former Ron Paul supporter. Other candidates supporters put their finger in the air and are trying to decide between the lesser of all the evils. Ron Paul supporters know they have found *****GOLD*****

That is why these attacks only benefit us... the only problem we have is pulling people out of the matrix, they have been hearing for 8 months that ron paul is a kook, finge candidate, with no chance to win... we has to bring them back to reality.

troyd1
11-23-2007, 06:08 PM
That is why these attacks only benefit us... the only problem we have is pulling people out of the matrix, they have been hearing for 8 months that ron paul is a kook, finge candidate, with no chance to win... we has to bring them back to reality.

I love this, it is so true especially the matrix part!

torchbearer
11-23-2007, 06:17 PM
I love this, it is so true especially the matrix part!

In the matrix, Paper money is real, and gold and silver is fake. If you live in this world you are in trouble. Take the red pill and we'll pull you out!