PDA

View Full Version : FL-Cop, chasing after bike thief, hops fence and kills family dog in yard.

Anti Federalist
09-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Hollywood police searching for robber shoot, kill dog

Updated On: Sep 27 2012 07:09:31 AM EDT

http://www.local10.com/news/Hollywood-police-searching-for-robber-shoot-kill-dog/-/1717324/16749718/-/emiqfx/-/index.html

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -

A Hollywood police officer shot and killed a pit bull in a resident's back yard while searching for a man who had committed a strong armed robbery.

It happened just before noon Wednesday in the 2300 block of Wiley Street. The 4-year-old male pit bull, named Pup-pup, was shot in the back yard of a home that he was trained to protect.

"I just heard gunshots as I was walking back to the house," said dog owner Antonio Williamson.

It happened just after Williamson came outside to ask why so many police officers were parked in front of his house. They were looking for a man who had punched another guy in the face and stole his bike in front of a convenience store on Pembroke Road and 22nd Avenue. A witness followed the suspect to the area on Wiley Street and called 911.

"The police suspected the robber may have gone into the back yard so they entered through a side gate.

"When they got to the back yard, they were confronted by a pit bull," said Hollywood Police Sgt. Lester Cochenour.

The dog was shot multiple times and died in the back yard. Williamson was angry that officers didn't knock first. He said Pup-pup was a humble dog and was great with kids, but was also trained to protect to his property.

"There have been a lot of break ins around here, in this area for the last year and a half or so, and I have my dog out here just for that purpose," Williamson told Local 10's Roger Lohse.

Lohse reported that there are no signs on the side of Williamson's house indicating that a dog was in the backyard. Under the law, police are allowed to enter private property if they are pursuing or searching for a felony suspect.

But none of that makes either side feel any better about how this confrontation ended.

"It is an unfortunate circumstance that the dog and the police met. It was not the initial call but the officer had to shoot the dog to protect himself," said Sgt. Cochenour.

"Well, you know, they apologized about it but naturally the dog was protecting its area," Williamson told Lohse.

aGameOfThrones
09-28-2012, 01:04 PM
"There have been a lot of break ins around here, in this area for the last year and a half or so, and I have my dog out here just for that purpose," Williamson told Local 10's Roger Lohse.

Ain't that a bitch? The cop broke in and killed your dog.

Dr.3D
09-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Seems like they should have known, if there was a dog back there, the suspect most likely wouldn't be there and would have looked elsewhere.

Anti Federalist
09-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Seems like they should have known, if there was a dog back there, the suspect most likely wouldn't be there and would have looked elsewhere.

Pfft...no time to think, heat of the moment, split second reaction, officer safety, blarg blarg blarg.

WWHIIDT?

Dr.3D
09-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Pfft...no time to think, heat of the moment, split second reaction, officer safety, blarg blarg blarg.

WWHIIDT?
Oh yeah, I forgot, they don't allow an IQ higher than 50 in their ranks.

alucard13mmfmj
09-28-2012, 01:38 PM
of course there are no signs on the fence... there are probably signs on the gates and door to the backyard where normal people would gain entry.

im gonna put a dog sign on my fence just in case someone hops the fence!

phill4paul
09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Ain't that a bitch? The cop broke in and killed your dog.

And that is the long and short of it.

phill4paul
09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
of course there are no signs on the fence... there are probably signs on the gates and door to the backyard where normal people would gain entry.

http://www.sewertees.com/images/Images/t-hell-with-the-dog_design.png

tod evans
09-28-2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

youngbuck
09-28-2012, 06:10 PM
So are they going to buy him a new dog of his choosing? Cops - protecting and serving the shit out of you.

Tod
09-28-2012, 06:14 PM
One of these days, the cops are going to shoot some dog like this and the dog's owner is going to provide a payback that will make that cop regret what he did.

acptulsa
09-28-2012, 06:14 PM

Razor wire is somewhat decorative...

Henry Rogue
09-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Somebody should make a book seiries with all these news storys one about k9icide, one about no knock terror and so on. I would buy them. Could be huge.

FrancisMarion
09-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Hollywood police searching for robber shoot, kill dog

Updated On: Sep 27 2012 07:09:31 AM EDT

http://www.local10.com/news/Hollywood-police-searching-for-robber-shoot-kill-dog/-/1717324/16749718/-/emiqfx/-/index.html

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -

Lohse reported that there are no signs on the side of Williamson's house indicating that a dog was in the backyard. Under the law, police are allowed to enter private property if they are pursuing or searching for a felony suspect.

Under the law, are private property owners allowed to shoot trespassers?

acptulsa
09-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Under the law, are private property owners allowed to shoot trespassers?

In Oklahoma, yes. If they are inside the home. Not in the yard.

FrancisMarion
09-28-2012, 06:55 PM
In Oklahoma, yes. If they are inside the home. Not in the yard.

Meh, drag em inside

acptulsa
09-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Meh, drag em inside

It has been done. And local law enforcement has covered up evidence of it being done, too...

Pericles
09-28-2012, 07:06 PM

You have to remember that 50% of the population has below average intelligence.

Tudo
09-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Property rights have become farce-like in the US

idiom
09-29-2012, 12:16 AM
I have a new picture for these threads!! :)

http://i.imgur.com/uQg4I.jpg

Anti Federalist
09-29-2012, 01:00 PM
I have a new picture for these threads!! :)

http://i.imgur.com/uQg4I.jpg

Saved