PDA

View Full Version : What should liberty supporters do on election day?

Community Disorganizer
09-28-2012, 08:32 AM
I kinda new to the youtube thing, but I made this video to give some direction, and layout what I feel, is the best course of action for Ron Paul supporters to take on election day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn8PVqCLQjw&list=UUpos2vVdAGlTFUcAaGkSIAw&index=3&feature=plcp

donnay
09-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Handout pocket Constitutions--Citizens Rule Books.

Rebelrouser
10-02-2012, 02:34 AM
Here in Virginia Liberty activists could put their efforts towards making the public aware and building support for referendum on the imminent domain amendment.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Virginia_Eminent_Domain_Amendment,_Question_1_%282 012%29

Working Poor
10-02-2012, 05:21 AM
I am voting for Johnson.

acptulsa
10-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Romney isn't The Chosen. Obama is The Chosen. Romney was shoved through because Ron Paul could actually have beaten Obama.

If I write anyone in, my state will disqualify my entire ballot.

If Obama is The Chosen, why the hell would Diebold flip Obama votes? That's just stupid.

Calling for 'another 1776' is pushing forum guidelines. If we get to the point of 'another 1776' we will have enough sense to find a stealthier place to put it together than a set of billboards, Times Square, or an internet forum.

I can't believe I just allowed myself to get led around in a seven minute, meaningless, rambling circle.

Anti-Neocon
10-02-2012, 05:45 AM
I agree with a lot of what you said, but the algorithmic vote flipping is a bunch of crock, and there has never been any indication that Diebold machines flip votes. The number of people involved with such a conspiracy just seems way too high to be plausible. I agree with your reasoning for writing in Ron Paul, but only in the states where write-in Paul votes will actually be counted. Otherwise, all Ron Paul, Mickey Mouse, and Adolf Hitler write-ins will end up being part of the same tally, a nameless "Other" category.
(If you do not live in AL, CA, DE, IA, ME, NH, NJ, PA, RI, VT, or WI, do NOT write in Ron Paul. There is no purpose.)
http://i49.tinypic.com/2is8j5v.png

tangent4ronpaul
10-02-2012, 05:58 AM
I am voting for Johnson.

Who are you? I've been wondering for a while....

Your mail box is full. Mine isn't.

-t

MelissaCato
10-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Ron Paul 2012 !!

Working Poor
10-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Who are you? I've been wondering for a while....

Your mail box is full. Mine isn't.

-t

I have some really great messages that I don't want to loose or store on my computer.

tangent4ronpaul
10-02-2012, 06:48 AM
I have some really great messages that I don't want to loose or store on my computer.

OK - so how about PM'ing me?

-t

mport1
10-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Don't vote (and do something more productive dor liberty) or do a write in. Don't encourage the Libertarians to keep running awful unprincipled candidates by votin for Johnson.

tangent4ronpaul
10-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Don't vote (and do something more productive dor liberty) or do a write in. Don't encourage the Libertarians to keep running awful unprincipled candidates by votin for Johnson.

Johnson is a hell of a lot better than Obomney!

I still have not decided if I'm going to write in or vote for Gary.

-t

mport1
10-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Johnson is a hell of a lot better than Obomney!

I still have not decided if I'm going to write in or vote for Gary.

-t

Sure, but he is still a poor candidate with no core understanding of libertarianism and awful stances on a number of issues. I'd rather not vote for somebody like that and maybe sway the LP to stop nominating people like him, Bob Barr, an Wayne Root. If the LP is going to be around, they need to have principled people who can educate the public in the ideas of liberty. Johnson certainly can't do that because he's not a libertarian.

tangent4ronpaul
10-02-2012, 07:14 AM
OK - so are you voting for the neocon or the communist?

Gary shares a lot of positions with us. He's not perfect, but he's better than the alternatives.

-t

wgadget
10-02-2012, 07:24 AM
This liberty supporter is voting for Gary Johnson. Protest vote that will be counted in GA.

mport1
10-02-2012, 07:35 AM
OK - so are you voting for the neocon or the communist?

Gary shares a lot of positions with us. He's not perfect, but he's better than the alternatives.

-t

Of course not. I'm not voting for any of those guys. I'm either writing in "abolish the office" or Ron Paul.

tangent4ronpaul
10-02-2012, 08:07 AM
WP - thought you said you were - oh well. Your PM spool is full again. Curious about the blog you mentioned. Could you sent the URL?

thanks,

-t

chudrockz
10-02-2012, 08:13 AM
I don't really comprehend that map about write-ins. I live in Minnesota, which the map says is "candidate must file." But there is always a line for write-in votes, in every single contested race. So is that line meaningless? Or do they just toss the ballot if you actually use it? :(

I want to write in Ron Paul... BADLY... however, there are a few pro-liberty candidates I actually want to vote for as well, and I'd hate to have my vote tossed out.

Oh and there are also two ballot measure (constitutional amendments) on which I intend to vote.

Matthew5
10-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Vote for local issues (i.e. state questions or measures) and local candidates...leave the rest blank.

PaulConventionWV
10-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I kinda new to the youtube thing, but I made this video to give some direction, and layout what I feel, is the best course of action for Ron Paul supporters to take on election day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn8PVqCLQjw&list=UUpos2vVdAGlTFUcAaGkSIAw&index=3&feature=plcp

Didn't watch the video, but supporters of liberty should make their own decisions about what to do. It's an individual choice.

Anti-Neocon
10-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't really comprehend that map about write-ins. I live in Minnesota, which the map says is "candidate must file." But there is always a line for write-in votes, in every single contested race. So is that line meaningless? Or do they just toss the ballot if you actually use it? :(

I want to write in Ron Paul... BADLY... however, there are a few pro-liberty candidates I actually want to vote for as well, and I'd hate to have my vote tossed out.

Oh and there are also two ballot measure (constitutional amendments) on which I intend to vote.
Your write-in vote will just get thrown in the same pile as those who write in Michele Bachmann, Tim Pawlenty, Dick Cheney, and Daffy Duck. It's not exactly an efficient way of sending a message when you can vote for someone who shares over 90% of the same views as Ron Paul.

sailingaway
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!

This!

sailingaway
10-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Your write-in vote will just get thrown in the same pile as those who write in Michele Bachmann, Tim Pawlenty, Dick Cheney, and Daffy Duck. It's not exactly an efficient way of sending a message when you can vote for someone who shares over 90% of the same views as Ron Paul.

None of the above, even if that is all it says because it isn't pinned to Ron, is accurate as applies to Johnson as well, for me. If they have the same views, which I absolutely disagree with, then that 10% must be key for me.

If you want to show you don't want the candidates on the ballot, writing in will show that and they do count the general category of 'other' beyond those specified, even where they don't count 'Ron's votes' by his name. But in my state I expect them to count Ron's votes separately. I'd write him in regardless, however, because he is the one I want, and my vote would at least be counted in the general none of the above category.

Matthew5
10-02-2012, 05:10 PM
None of the above, even if that is all it says because it isn't pinned to Ron, is accurate as applies to Johnson as well, for me. If they have the same views, which I absolutely disagree with, then that 10% must be key for me.

I don't want to derail this thread, but has a GJ vs. Ron Paul comparison already been done in another thread?

sailingaway
10-02-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't want to derail this thread, but has a GJ vs. Ron Paul comparison already been done in another thread?

all over the place.

MelissaWV
10-02-2012, 05:15 PM
What should liberty supporters do on election day?
Act like individuals who don't need someone on an internt forum to tell them what to do on Election Day? ;)

sailingaway
10-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Sure, but he is still a poor candidate with no core understanding of libertarianism and awful stances on a number of issues. I'd rather not vote for somebody like that and maybe sway the LP to stop nominating people like him, Bob Barr, an Wayne Root. If the LP is going to be around, they need to have principled people who can educate the public in the ideas of liberty. Johnson certainly can't do that because he's not a libertarian.

I agree with that. I'd love a party of principle, but based on their recent presidential candidates, who should be the standard bearers and EXTRA pure, imho, they should change that motto.

Matthew5
10-02-2012, 05:18 PM
all over the place.

Figured it had been covered at length here :p...been away from RPF for awhile.

James Madison
10-02-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm gonna spend my time pissing off people who think their votes actually matter.

jointhefightforfreedom
10-02-2012, 06:50 PM

You Should Vote for the best man for the job ! Which in my opinion is Ron Paul!

We must break the 2 party BS system !

The next thing we need to all do is bring awareness to ballot access in all 50 States!

and expose the Commission on Presidential Debates http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Presidential_Debates

That is what is truly blocking ALL 3rd Party Candidates!

With ballot access and inclusion in debates Dr Paul Would have Run Libertarian and WON !

TruckinMike
10-03-2012, 05:20 AM
OK - so are you voting for the neocon or the communists?

-t

There, fixed it for you.:)

Akus
10-03-2012, 05:23 AM
I am voting for Johnson.
same

Jumbo Shrimp
10-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Campaign for Virgil Goode.