PDA

View Full Version : High school parent arrested for providing root beer to students

devil21
09-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Nanny state!

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/wisconsin/nicolet-high-school-parent-arrested-for-bringing-root-beer-barrel-to-campus

GLENDALE - Nicolet High School’s Booster Club president was hauled off the property in handcuffs after she was arrested for disorderly conduct during homecoming activities at the school this past weekend. This, after she apparently brought a barrel of root beer to the campus.

According to a police report, a group of people were celebrating near Nicolet’s tennis courts, reportedly “drinking something from a keg” and doing “keg stands.” However, one parent said it was just a barrel of root beer from which the individuals were drinking.

Joan Clark says school officials asked the group to remove the barrel of root beer from the property. The situation escalated when another parent and Booster Club President Jennifer Peltz tried to donate the barrel to the students and was “taking it to the concession stand.”

The police report states Peltz refused to let go of the barrel. The report says Peltz “pushed her arm towards (the officer) and continued to struggle by attempting to pull away from (the officer’s) grasp.” Peltz was taken to the ground and forcefully handcuffed.

According to the police report, Nicolet’s principal said he didn’t want the barrel on the property because others could have perceived it as a beer keg, and he didn’t want students upside down doing keg stands on school property for their safety.

moreatlink

GunnyFreedom
09-28-2012, 03:46 AM
I swear, sometimes I think it would be better to just stand back for a couple years and let this train fling itself off the cliff. :(

olehounddog
09-28-2012, 05:20 AM
We're surrounded by warmongers and fools.:(

Jumbo Shrimp
09-28-2012, 05:36 AM
The parent wasn't arrested for the root beer, she was arrested for failing to obey a clown in a costume with a shiny badge and a gun.

kathy88
09-28-2012, 05:38 AM
What is the purpose of keg stands on a root beer barrel?

acptulsa
09-28-2012, 05:50 AM

To troll the childish little martinet of a principal, of course. That will always hold a kid's interest.

olehounddog
09-28-2012, 05:52 AM
What is the purpose of keg stands on a root beer barrel?None. Just some of the foolishness. I would have been upset if somebody was teaching my kid how to benge. But in her defence, she was taking the keg to the concession stand.

Schifference
09-28-2012, 05:53 AM
I remember little fake cigarettes when I was a kid.

kathy88
09-28-2012, 06:30 AM

There's an old fashioned candy store in my town and I STILL buy those.

phill4paul
09-28-2012, 06:43 AM
I swear, sometimes I think it would be better to just stand back for a couple years and let this train fling itself off the cliff. :(

Sometimes I think that despite our best efforts that is where it is headed anyway.

VanBummel
09-28-2012, 06:49 AM

Could be worse. :p http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?391039-Butt-chugging-Alcohol-enema-causes-investigation-of-Pi-Kappa-Alpha-house-University-of-TN

jkr
09-28-2012, 07:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SfyObUd5e8&feature=related
and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbh1ep36vjY

statists goNNa state

libertyjam
09-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Fucking cop was trying to steal her property, she had every right to resist!

angelatc
09-28-2012, 07:21 AM
he didn’t want students upside down doing keg stands on school property for their safety.

I am not sure that that means, but I suspect that football is more dangerous.

And why on earth were the cops called???

acptulsa
09-28-2012, 07:28 AM

Ah, but that's exercise. While doing a handstand on a root beer barrel is, well, exercise.

I get the impression that they weren't. I get the impression that, as is usual with this kind of stupid scene, they were standing around feeling bored and useless and hoping they'd get something to do.

specsaregood
09-28-2012, 07:32 AM

I'm sure they were called because somebody, somewhere was having a good time.

kegstand:
http://mundodomanolo.com.br/wp-content/uploads/wtf-funny-wedding-keg-stand-226x300.jpg

TonySutton
09-28-2012, 07:34 AM
I am amazed the booster club didn't coordinate in advance with school officials. This is one of those stupid silly things that happen due to LACK OF COMMUNICATION. If you are going to be hosting an event on property that is not yours. It is a smart idea to discuss your plans with the people who control the property.

Always best to do it on PRIVATE PROPERTY with the owner's consent.

pcosmar
09-28-2012, 07:38 AM

Yup,, Football is dangerous,, and kids upside down on school grounds,,,

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/2953637918_abb69996e6.jpg

http://impossiblewriter.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/monkeybars-1.jpg

nope,, can't have that. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

acptulsa
09-28-2012, 07:38 AM
I am amazed the booster club didn't coordinate in advance with school officials. This is one of those stupid silly things that happen due to LACK OF COMMUNICATION. If you are going to be hosting an event on property that is not yours. It is a smart idea to discuss your plans with the people who control the property.

Always best to do it on PRIVATE PROPERTY with the owner's consent.

I'm sure the keg stands were the kids' idea, and not premeditated. And I'll just bet the lady volunteered to provide refreshments, and was told that was fine. Furthermore, I don't blame these taxpayer/parents for feeling like maybe they had a stake in that school property.

You cannot completely plan around the spontaneous immaturity of high schoolers. You can, however, be mature in your reaction to it.

I'm sure they were called because somebody, somewhere was having a good time.

Sad but true...

Czolgosz
09-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Sounds like "scholl officials" (aka, government turds called the cops).

Keg stands are party scene antics.

Public schools, and meatheads who can't fathom life without them, need to have their America pushed off a cliff.

jbauer
09-28-2012, 07:44 AM
In fairness the lady who bought the keg of rootbeer had a deposit on it. It was her property and unless the school yard rules said no outside beverages it should have been completley legal.

devil21
09-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Read the whole article. She bought the keg of root beer because the school cancelled the student's pep rally for no apparent reason a bit earlier. It wasn't planned in advance but no good deed goes unpunished these days, especially with the enforcer class standing nearby.

------

South Park has that one all figured out. Introducing Sarcastaball!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s16e08-sarcastaball

jbauer
09-28-2012, 08:24 AM
South Park has that one all figured out. Introducing Sarcastaball!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s16e08-sarcastaball

No where near the funny I've come to expect from South Park but funny none the less.

PaulConventionWV
09-28-2012, 10:18 AM

That's what I've been doing for the last few months. Hard to see any way out of it now.

Anti Federalist
09-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Peltz was taken to the ground and forcefully handcuffed

Boo Yah!

<<high five>>

<<chest bump>>

Served and protected the shit out of her!

GunnyFreedom
09-28-2012, 10:52 AM
That's what I've been doing for the last few months. Hard to see any way out of it now.

I am just working to elect a major presence in 2014 so ours are the first and loudest voices around when it comes to rebuilding.

devil21
09-28-2012, 04:19 PM
No where near the funny I've come to expect from South Park but funny none the less.

That episode was one of the more "Classic South Park" episodes they've made in a while. Bout time they parodied a celeb or two again.

proudclod229
09-28-2012, 05:40 PM
In fairness the lady who bought the keg of rootbeer had a deposit on it. It was her property and unless the school yard rules said no outside beverages it should have been completley legal.

BOOSH!

So that's: wrongful arrest; Excessive force; and most likely(because I'm guessing that the police hauled off the keg) stealing.

Keith and stuff
09-28-2012, 06:06 PM

That's 1 strong addiction!

Chester Copperpot
09-28-2012, 06:20 PM

FIve Below sells them the cheapest.. 25 cents a pack.. $5 for an entire box. If youre talking about the old stick candy type.. white with red tip..

If you mean the bubblegum type that puff "smoke" those are different...

and the chocolate ones are for the hoidy toidy adults. lol

sailingaway
09-28-2012, 06:25 PM

They still sell them out here, at Ahhs

They are highly disapproved of.

I buy them pretty much whenever I see them.

fr33
09-28-2012, 07:51 PM
You can't find a pettier tyrant than a grade school principal.

cjm
09-28-2012, 09:33 PM
You can't find a pettier tyrant than a grade school principal.

Grade school receptionist?