PDA

View Full Version : What It’s Like to Be Hit By a Drone Strike

fr33
09-27-2012, 11:02 PM
http://gawker.com/5946244/what-its-like-to-be-hit-by-a-drone-strike

At about 5:00 that evening, they heard the hissing sound of a missile and instinctively bent their heads down. The missile slammed into the center of the room, blowing off the ceiling and roof, and shattering all the windows. The immense pressure from the impact cracked the walls of the attached house, as well as those of the neighboring houses. Our research team reviewed photographs that Faheem showed us, which he said showed the destruction to the home. Faheem, who stated that he was approximately ten footsteps away from the center of the hujra, suffered a fractured skull and received shrapnel wounds and burns all over the left side of his body and face. All others in the hujra-at least seven, but as many as 15 people-were killed.

In the moments after the strike, Faheem said he "could not think." "I felt my brain stopped working and my heart was on fire," stated Faheem. "My entire body was burning like crazy." Faheem wanted to splash water on his face, but he could not find any. After a few minutes of confusion, he stumbled out of the gate of his hujra, where neighbors found him. They quickly gathered Faheem into a pickup truck and rushed him to a government hospital in Mir Ali, a ten-minute drive away, according to Faheem. Medics there bandaged his wounds and transferred him to another hospital in Bannu, the closest major city outside FATA, where doctors operated to remove shrapnel from his abdomen and repair damage to his leg, arm, and eyes. Following the surgery, Faheem was transferred to a private hospital in Peshawar, where he remained for at least 23 days. In the end, Faheem lost his left eye, which has since been replaced by an artificial one; he also lost his hearing in one ear as a result of damage to his eardrum. His vision in his right eye is still blurred, requiring ongoing treatment, and he now has only limited mobility.
Faheem's cousin Ejaz Ahmad, who lives just a few kilometers away, did not attend the gathering in the hujra that evening, and was instead at a friend's home. He discovered the next morning that his paternal uncle, Khush Dil Khan, in whose hardware store Ejaz worked, died in the strike. "The bodies were completely destroyed," Ejaz stated. "All we could retrieve was the torso and upwards."

The comments on the article disgust me. The leftist protests over the wars during the Bush years were mostly FAKE partisan politics.

This is not the "land of the brave". This is the land of the pussy Remote Control Bombers.

BuddyRey
09-28-2012, 02:52 AM
Very moving article. Thank you for sharing!

Anti Federalist
09-28-2012, 11:00 AM
And if a non government approved person blew up people by remote control bombs, what would they be called?

amy31416
09-28-2012, 11:25 AM
And if a non government approved person blew up people by remote control bombs, what would they be called?

I believe the answer to your rhetorical question is "terrorists." Do I get a prize?

bill1971
09-28-2012, 11:40 AM
http://gawker.com/5946244/what-its-like-to-be-hit-by-a-drone-strike

The comments on the article disgust me. The leftist protests over the wars during the Bush years were mostly FAKE partisan politics.

This is not the "land of the brave". This is the land of the pussy Remote Control Bombers.

Good call on the antiwar protesters, if McCain was in office they'd be screaming their heads off.

Anti Federalist
09-28-2012, 11:43 AM
I believe the answer to your rhetorical question is "terrorists." Do I get a prize?

Yes, you get to roll on the floor and laugh at oxen.

For five minutes only.

Anti Federalist
09-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Good call on the antiwar protesters, if McCain was in office they'd be screaming their heads off.

Yeah, funny how that worked, wasn't it?

The whole "anti-war" movement blew away like a fart in a blizzard.

Good to know, just exposes that flank as more partisan bullshit.

amy31416
09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes, you get to roll on the floor and laugh at oxen.

For five minutes only.

That would be an appropriately insane response to our insane government.

amy31416
09-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah, funny how that worked, wasn't it?

The whole "anti-war" movement blew away like a fart in a blizzard.

Good to know, just exposes that flank as more partisan bullshit.

And they're the ones who claim to be smart and educated.

Czolgosz
09-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Blood on American's hands.

When a U.S. city gets irradiated these meatheads will still blame everybody but themselves.

jbauer
09-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Hrmm, and they're the terroirsts?

phill4paul
09-28-2012, 12:07 PM
I guarantee that if you do this to my neighbours, friends or family it ain't your "freedoms" that I'm gonna hate.

Anti Federalist
09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
You are all a bunch of anti-American freedom haters.

All ya'll are reported.

Dr.3D
09-28-2012, 12:52 PM
You are all a bunch of anti-American freedom haters.

All ya'll are reported.
Oh yeah? I'll have you know, we are so free, we can bomb any country we please and we don't even have to declare war to do it.

/s

Pericles
09-28-2012, 07:15 PM

Yes - you get an internship with the SPLC.

Carson
09-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Here is a little thread music while you read.

The Obamikado - I've Got a Little List

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_gmO7AJS4&feature=player_embedded

fr33
09-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Here is a little thread music while you read.

The Obamikado - I've Got a Little List

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_gmO7AJS4&feature=player_embeddedThat video is excellent.

HOLLYWOOD
09-28-2012, 07:46 PM
"They Hate U.S. for our Freedoms"

"They Love U.S. for; Drones, Destruction, Mayhem, & Murder."

PS: We are no longer FREE in America

Tudo
09-28-2012, 07:53 PM
There hasn't been an anti-war movement since the 1960's.